Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Shadowrun (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Bug reports - Version 1.2 (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=13725)

Mathias August 12th, 2011 04:11 PM

Bug reports - Version 1.2

Unfortunately, there are a few things that we weren't able to finish in time for the initial release;
  1. Combat
    • Apply wound modifiers to the appropriate tests.
  2. Magic
    • Statistics for Spirits
    • Astral Attributes, Perception, Projection and Combat (currently incomplete)
  3. Matrix & Technomancers
    • Statistics for Sprites
    • AR vs. VR vs. Hot-Sim VR (currently incomplete)
    • Active/Passive/Hidden mode
  4. Vehicles & Drones
    • Statistics for Vehicles
    • Rigging & Jumping In
    • Pilot Programs, Agents and IC
  5. NPCs & Critters
    • Grunt/Lieutenant NPC Mechanics
    • Group/Professional Rating
    • Critter Powers
    • Critters
  6. Miscellaneous
    • Track what senses a character currently has active, and report that to the user in a single list. This will be a list of special senses that's shown when you move your mouse over the Perception dicepool at the top of the screen.
    • For the Condition Monitors on the In-Play tab, replace the numbers with boxes
    • Toxin/Disease Resistances
    • Apply various "All Actions", "All Physical Actions", "All Matrix Actions" etc. bonuses/penalties, including wound penalties
    • Attribute-Only tests (Composure, Judge Intentions, Lifting & Carrying, Memory)
    • Modify Contacts so that they can't be altered on the Social tab during Advancement mode, but are instead changed on the Advancement tab, to preserve a record of how your relationship with that contact changed.
    • Guest cost for a lifestyle, shared lifestyles, permanent lifestyles
There's no need to report any of those issues in this thread, but if you come across anything else, please report them here, and we'll address them as soon as we can.

JohnMatrix August 12th, 2011 08:10 PM

Very minor bug, if a domain hasn't been specified for a program, (tested with mapsoft and virtual pet on a commlink) the Gear tab is highlighted rather than the Matrix tab.

RavenX August 12th, 2011 11:19 PM

Skill Group Bug I found in Advancement Tab, when adding a new skill group or increasing an existing group the +1 modifier is applied to the group but NOT the skills related to the group. Did not see this bug fixed in the 1.2 listing you posted today.

I used the advancement tab and ended up getting no increase to the skills or dice mods. singular skill increases via advancement worked fine, just he skill groups needed to be fixed.

Peter Smith August 13th, 2011 04:25 AM

Error when loading character portfolio

1 Attachment(s)
I get the following error when I load up one of my portfolios:

Errors were encountered when loading the saved portfolio! A record of these errors can be found in the file "C:\Users\PETER~1.SMI\AppData\Local\Temp\hero_lab_ load_issues.log". If you notice incorrect behaviors in your portfolio, please report it to the data file authors (you can contact them from the Help menu).

Chained pick 'wpGLAresAl' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '342'

I think it looks like an issue with my Area Alpha's grenade launcher, but that a bit of SWAG. I've also attached the portfolio.

Mathias August 13th, 2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Smith (Post 60649)
I get the following error when I load up one of my portfolios:

Errors were encountered when loading the saved portfolio! A record of these errors can be found in the file "C:\Users\PETER~1.SMI\AppData\Local\Temp\hero_lab_ load_issues.log". If you notice incorrect behaviors in your portfolio, please report it to the data file authors (you can contact them from the Help menu).

Chained pick 'wpGLAresAl' has been orphaned due to missing bootstrap in batch '342'

I think it looks like an issue with my Area Alpha's grenade launcher, but that a bit of SWAG. I've also attached the portfolio.

Ouch. I'm still working on figuring out what's going on here.

As an interim solution, if you click through that error, are there any further problems? When I loaded your character and ignored the error, the grenade launcher seems to be functioning. I think this may be reporting an error that's not actually there (which is still bad).

Thanks for reporting this.

DrunkZombie August 13th, 2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 60665)

As an interim solution, if you click through that error, are there any further problems? When I loaded your character and ignored the error, the grenade launcher seems to be functioning. I think this may be reporting an error that's not actually there (which is still bad).

I got some warnings too, but everything seems to be ok so far.

Peter Smith August 13th, 2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 60665)

There aren't any further issues.

DrunkZombie August 13th, 2011 07:34 PM

I added an "other" specialization to Etiquette. The text shows up in Hero Lab, but does not in the PDF.

DrunkZombie August 13th, 2011 11:18 PM

Removed. Not a bug.

Stoffern August 14th, 2011 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkZombie (Post 60698)
It is reducing response when the number of running programs equal the processor limit. For instance a data jack with one program, gets a -1 response or a commlink with a processor limit of 4, is getting -1 when it has 4 programs running.

I'm pretty sure that is correct. You are supposed to lose as much response as you have multiples of the processor limit running. So a comlink with a limit of 4 wil lose 1 at 4 programs and 2 at 8.

DrunkZombie August 14th, 2011 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoffern (Post 60700)
I'm pretty sure that is correct. You are supposed to lose as much response as you have multiples of the processor limit running. So a comlink with a limit of 4 wil lose 1 at 4 programs and 2 at 8.

You're right. I haven't done much with matrix stuff in 4th edition. I got thrown off because it seems weird to me that a datajack gets a -1 for running one program.

DrunkZombie August 14th, 2011 01:08 AM

Copied from another thread.

I think I found a bug in the skillwire script:

~record 2x rating on the hero's activesoft limit
perform herofield[acActSLim].modify[+,2 * field[grRating].value,""]
~and the rating as the max for any one activesoft
perform herofield[acActSMax].modify[+,2 * field[grRating].value,""]

Notice that the active soft limit is *2 as it should be, but the max for one activesoft is also *2.

thedarkelf007 August 14th, 2011 04:31 AM

Lifestyles - Buying 100 units of a lifestyle makes it permanent, but it still lists it as 100 months.

crowofpyke August 14th, 2011 11:44 AM

Trauma Patch

Has the text and wording of the Antidote Patch.

crowofpyke August 14th, 2011 01:45 PM

Modifying equipment purchased during creation....

If you modify equipment you bought during creation after it is locked down, the system still thinks you are in creation for that item and will through a complaint/warning up.

Steps to Reproduce:
0. Load a character portfolio still in Creation
1. Go to the Matrix tab
2. Purchase a Commlink
3. Buy enough enough gear to be JUST under the $ threshold for the character
4. Lock out Creation on the Advances tab.
5. Go back to that Commlink and choose to EDIT that gear.
6. Choose the 'Add Programs' option
7. Add a rating 6 program to your Commlink

Result: You will get a "Starting Resources BP: Resource Overspent: <$$$ overspent>" error/warning

NOTE: This does NOT happen in this example if you use the "Add Programs" link under "Programs In Data Storage" area.

crowofpyke August 14th, 2011 11:40 PM

Adept - Improved Ability - This does not appear to be taken into account for your total dice pool for that ability.

ShakaUVM August 15th, 2011 04:38 PM

Current problems:
Buying off Low Pain Tolerance with karma does not remove the penalty from the character sheet. (Still get a -1 penalty per two boxes.)

The character builder requires that you take "two free contacts" at character creation, but it charges you BP for them. :p

RavenX August 15th, 2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShakaUVM (Post 60879)
Current problems:
The character builder requires that you take "two free contacts" at character creation, but it charges you BP for them. :p

You MUST pay BP for the contacts you take at creation as per the rules in the Shadowrun 4e 20th Anniversary Edition of the rulebook.

Have you updated? The current update lets you ignore the validation error for not having contacts at creation. My players are just ignoring it since we run a street level game where they must earn their contacts.

crowofpyke August 16th, 2011 09:18 AM

Drone ratings?

I have noticed that the base template for the "Drone Rigger.por" has drones with a Rating=3.

But when I try to add a drone to that character, or any other, they are always Rating=1 and I cannot figure out how to get alter, increase or modify the Rating.

Anyone have the solution?

cryptoknight August 16th, 2011 03:33 PM

Just Cosmetic, but Shadowrun characters do not earn XP, so why is there a box for it in the Journal. There should be Karma, Nuyen and the rest, but not XP.

RavenX August 16th, 2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cryptoknight (Post 60947)
Just Cosmetic, but Shadowrun characters do not earn XP, so why is there a box for it in the Journal. There should be Karma, Nuyen and the rest, but not XP.

Crypto,
I agree that it is purely cosmetic, since Karma = XP. It doesn't matter what people decide to call it, if they can spend it to upgrade their characters or if it can be used to gauge a characters relative level, its experience points. Personally Its not that big a deal to me. The skill group issue in the advancement tab however, my players will fuss about.

cryptoknight August 16th, 2011 07:04 PM

No RavenX. There's a spot for Karma and a spot for XP. Which is confusing.

RavenX August 16th, 2011 10:07 PM

Lol only if you don't know they are the same thing. I agree that it should be changed for consistency purposes, I just did not say anything about it because I knew it was the same thing and my group uses the terms interchangeably. Since 3rd Edition it was basically Karma = XP for the system and that hasn't changed.

Frankie the Formori August 16th, 2011 10:29 PM

Found a new bug i think, on Cyber spur they are starting at DV +6 instead of the DV +3 found on page 345 SR4A book. I would love to be wrong about it though....super wolverine Claws for the win!!!!

Edit: also I see no Respirator or gas mask? but I also may looking in the wrong area.

RavenX August 17th, 2011 02:07 AM

gas mask is located in the armor section bro

Frankie the Formori August 17th, 2011 06:48 AM

Thanks....it is amazing what you find when you open your eyes.

RavenX August 17th, 2011 09:05 AM

It took me a while to find it myself. I was looking for it in the gear section for a while, stumbled across it in armor and then realized it made sense that it was in the armor tab.

crowofpyke August 17th, 2011 05:18 PM

Figured this one out.

Off the shelf drones in SR4 have a device rating of 3 for typical drones. 4 for security drones, and 5 for standard military use. They can be found in the table on page 222, SR4A.

Reporting to bug thread.

crowofpyke August 17th, 2011 05:19 PM

Drone Ratings are all incorrectly set to 1, regardless of type.

Off the shelf drones in SR4 have a device rating of 3 for typical drones. 4 for security drones, and 5 for standard military use. They can be found in the table on page 222, SR4A.

LooseCannon August 17th, 2011 06:46 PM

Incorrect Calculation of Dice Pool Values for Skills Driven off Cyberlimbs

Background:
The calculation of dice pools for Active skills that are modified by cyber limbs appears incorrect.

Steps to Recreate:
1.) Added a Obvious Lower Arm cyberlimb. Modified Agility, Body and Strength values to match existing character values (that is, cyberlimb values are just as good as non-cyber limb, Body 6, Agility 5, Strength 5).

2.) Added Pistols Skill to Active skills.

3.) Added a Ares Viper Slivergun to Weapons.

4.) Dice pool calculation for Ares Slivergun shows "Cyberlimb Agility - Hero's Agility (-5)". This value should be 0.

Other Thoughts:
After additional fiddling, it looks like it currently just subtracts the character's Agility with no verification of the cyberlimb's value.

LooseCannon August 17th, 2011 07:17 PM

Minor Issue with Cyberimplant weapons

Background:
Selecting offhand on a cyber limb and adding weapons, the added weapons' dice pool calculations are as if they are main hand. You cannot select "Off" on the Weapons tab for these weapons either.

Steps to Recreate:
Add a cyber arm (any sort) to a character. Added a Spur, Hand Blade or Hand Razors. Toggle cyber arm to "Off hand".

The cyberlimb weapon is added as a weapon automatically to the Weapons tab, without the "Off" option selected. Dice pool values are calculated as if the weapon was Main hand. Additionally, selection of "off" hand is not possible (it simply ignores the selection and goes back to '-').

Other Thoughts:
It is minor, but without the ability to toggle the "Off" option on the Weapons tab, the dice pool calculations are incorrect and unable to be corrected at the same time.

CeaDawg August 17th, 2011 11:13 PM

Completed input of original character data for an old character; locked character creation and started to use the journal to input the character's history. After I clicked <Add New Journal Entry> I received a validation error message: "Starting Resources BP: Resource Overspent: 637900 of 250000". His actual cash on hand is 10657517. The first journal entry was for his inheritance. The cash entry limit for the button is 99999, but it allows you to enter additional amounts until you get to the desired total for that journal entry. I found the karma, Street Cred, Notoriety, and Public Awareness buttons do the same thing, after I got the error message & poked around a bit. Once the error popped up the amount overspent would go up each time I opened the edit boxes on any item of gear, augmentation, armor, or matrix tab that had been purchased during creation. This would happen whether I made upgrades to the item, or canceled out of the box without making changes to it.

crowofpyke August 18th, 2011 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CeaDawg (Post 61090)
Completed input of original character data for an old character; locked character creation and started to use the journal to input the character's history. After I clicked <Add New Journal Entry> I received a validation error message: "Starting Resources BP: Resource Overspent: 637900 of 250000". His actual cash on hand is 10657517. The first journal entry was for his inheritance. The cash entry limit for the button is 99999, but it allows you to enter additional amounts until you get to the desired total for that journal entry. I found the karma, Street Cred, Notoriety, and Public Awareness buttons do the same thing, after I got the error message & poked around a bit. Once the error popped up the amount overspent would go up each time I opened the edit boxes on any item of gear, augmentation, armor, or matrix tab that had been purchased during creation. This would happen whether I made upgrades to the item, or canceled out of the box without making changes to it.

Editing or updating equipment you bought at creation once the character is locked for advancement and then getting errors on that is a known issue. Here is my post on the issue from earlier in the thread:
If you modify equipment you bought during creation after it is locked down, the system still thinks you are in creation for that item and will through a complaint/warning up.

Steps to Reproduce:
0. Load a character portfolio still in Creation
1. Go to the Matrix tab
2. Purchase a Commlink
3. Buy enough enough gear to be JUST under the $ threshold for the character
4. Lock out Creation on the Advances tab.
5. Go back to that Commlink and choose to EDIT that gear.
6. Choose the 'Add Programs' option
7. Add a rating 6 program to your Commlink

Result: You will get a "Starting Resources BP: Resource Overspent: <$$$ overspent>" error/warning

NOTE: This does NOT happen in this example if you use the "Add Programs" link under "Programs In Data Storage" area.

WORKAROUND: You are trying to modify/upgrade an item you purchased at creation, such as goggles that you want to add Thermographic to (as an example). You could sell the original item for its full value so you lose no $$$, then buy a new item with all the features you are adding/buying.

forge_24 August 22nd, 2011 03:12 PM

Editor Error

I was entering new ranged weapons and noticed that you can only select a single mode of fire instead of multiple ones. You should be able to select multiple firing modes for a single weapon.

nylanfs August 22nd, 2011 07:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

3) If you have already removed the wireless and RFID option from the base cyberlimb there should be an option to automatically relay those settings to sub modifications.
To get this effect, before you purchase the cyberlimb, find the line on the bottom right in gray that starts with "Defaults: " - click the wrench and hammer icon to the left of that and change the wireless and RFID on/off defaults. Then, while you're purchasing the cyberware, the same settings will apply to the modifications you purchase. Just remember to change the defaults back before moving on to your next purchase.
I don't think this actually works. I bought an armored vest with the defaults off as suggested above. And the item still had the rfid & wireless enabled.

RavenX August 22nd, 2011 09:26 PM

Bug in the Journal Tab: Street Cred issue: When I put in -X 0<x<infinity for street cred it won't decrease the street cred to below Karma/10 rounded down. When Street Cred is higher than this it will decrease, the Karma/10 thing is being read as a lower limit for some reason.

JohnMatrix August 23rd, 2011 10:01 AM

A quick report. When outputting an active hero to BBCode the Sony Emperor Commlink is misspelled "Emperer".

Can anyone confirm the the damage track is calculated properly when the hero is saved as a .pdf rather than printed from Hero Lab. A friend indicated it was only two columns wide rather than the three it should be.

Protector152 August 24th, 2011 02:36 AM

did they take Low Pain Tolerance? if so then the damage track is right since Low Pain Tolerance makes the negative modifiers every two boxes instead of every three.

nylanfs August 24th, 2011 04:48 PM

What's the rating for when buying lifestyles?

nylanfs August 24th, 2011 05:13 PM

Can't add cash to a Certified Credstick (ie I have one at each Safehouse with 2000 nuyen on it for quick getaways.

Can't add more than one spare clip to a gun (note I typically carry three clips for my main gun).