Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Oracle Questions (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=57282)

charlieluce January 2nd, 2017 06:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gmerrick (Post 240406)
No. All conditions and adjustments are clear except for Oracle: Battlecry +1

My fault. :o That's what I get for getting in too much of a hurry. I put in the ability to adjust between the +1 and +2 bonus without properly retesting.

A corrected and properly tested version is attached.

Sorry about that, everyone.

gmerrick January 3rd, 2017 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlieluce (Post 240413)
My fault. :o That's what I get for getting in too much of a hurry. I put in the ability to adjust between the +1 and +2 bonus without properly retesting.

Confirmed works like a charm. Thank you very much charlieluce!

So the only difference was the pAdjust instead of the absolute value?

Is there a link to the XML schema used by HL and how it works? I found their wiki but it didn't seem too friendly.

charlieluce January 3rd, 2017 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmerrick (Post 240447)
Confirmed works like a charm. Thank you very much charlieluce!

So the only difference was the pAdjust instead of the absolute value?

Is there a link to the XML schema used by HL and how it works? I found their wiki but it didn't seem too friendly.

There's no comprehensive resource that I know of. I have a collection of Editor-related links (mostly topics on the forum) but I've mostly learned by looking at existing examples.

In the case of the Battlecry I had started by doing a fixed +1 bonus, then I realized that I should really account for it eventually going to +2, but I didn't make all the changes I needed properly and I neglected to retest (bad coder! No biscuit!).

On the other hand, once I fixed it I was playing around with it and discovered a bug to report (Androids not being able to gain morale bonuses isn't being enforced) so there was some extra good that came out of the experience. :cool:

ShadowChemosh January 3rd, 2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmerrick (Post 240447)

You don't actually need to know XML to do stuff because they have a GUI editor.

I would recommend reading the Glossary of Terms for the Editor. Then check out FAQ#2 for all the places to learn about the editor including YouTube videos. Welcome to the wonderful world of using the HL editor which will be the most frustrating and rewarding thing you can do with Hero Lab. :)

gmerrick January 5th, 2017 11:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Shadow. I'll take a look at those links.

Made a pair of Boots of Striding which we are using in our campaign to so those slow plate wearers can keep up with the others!

Aaron January 13th, 2017 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlieluce (Post 240413)

Should be in the next release, along with a shout-out in the monthly FAQ. Thanks for the donation.