Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Half-Drow (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=14274)

Jobe00 October 24th, 2011 07:58 PM

Half-Drow

I'm adding the half-drow race from the Forgotten Realms.

A half-drow is a half-elf with Darkvision instead of Low-Light Vision and then they are considered drow as well as elf and human for effects.

So I copy the Half-Elf and...
Creature Subtype: Keep Elf & Human.
Counts as Races...: Change Elf to Drow.
Automatic Languages: Keep Elven and add Undercommon.
Racial Special Abilities: Changed Elven Blood to Drow Blood (which I added to the Racial Abilities first) and deleted Low-Light Vision and added Darkvision.
Adjusted the height and weight.

Finished everything and tested. Added it to a new character, and under Special, the half-drow has Darkvision (as it should) AND Low-Light Vision (which it should not).

How do I get rid of the Low-Light Vision?

Mathias October 25th, 2011 07:53 AM

Bestiary, pg. 311 - the Elf subtype grants low-light vision.

You can either delete the subtype entirely, or create a new version on the "Crea Subtype" tab that doesn't grant low-light vision, but has "counts as subtype" set to the regular version.

Jobe00 October 27th, 2011 07:44 AM

Alright. That must be how the drow need to be done in HL because they have darkvision, but no low-light vision according to the PF SRD.

I'll let you know how it works.

Jobe00 October 29th, 2011 02:48 PM

Alright. Made a Drow subtype that has darkvision instead of low-light and is considered as an elf.

All is good.

Thank you.

Mtine April 11th, 2013 04:20 AM

Hey guys,

I'm new to Hero Lab and also trying to create a Half-Drow.
You say I should chang:

Counts as Races...: Change Elf to Drow

where do I do this, I tried clicking on creature types and subtypes etc but it is not clickable...

Angela2013 April 11th, 2013 06:28 PM

You could also chose the Half-Elf on the Background tab. Then under Add Alternate Racial Traits you could choose Drow Magic, Drow-Blooded, or Drow-Descended (which ever fits the type of half-drow the character is.

Of course you would need the Advanced Race Guide and/or Advanced Player's Guide plugins.

ShadowChemosh April 11th, 2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mtine (Post 153264)
Hey guys,

I'm new to Hero Lab and also trying to create a Half-Drow.
You say I should chang:

Counts as Races...: Change Elf to Drow

where do I do this, I tried clicking on creature types and subtypes etc but it is not clickable...

This is done inside the Editor on the "Race" tab for your custom race. Your looking for the "Counts As Races..." and a blue button next to that.