Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   D&D 5e Community Pack (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=55090)

Polecat May 2nd, 2021 01:16 AM

Sorry for the three posts, last night I was getting an error saying my messages were not going through.

I can find the files and see the code but I do not know how to download or implement them into the builder.

Any advice/help?

Fenris447 May 2nd, 2021 06:06 PM

Find the existing files in your 5e data files (default is C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\5e). Open them in a text editor (Notepad will do). Copy and paste what's online and replace the whole thing into the files on your computer.

For the files that don't exist on your computer yet, just make a new .txt file, paste the new code, and rename that file and its extension to the same filename as what's online.

Venger May 15th, 2021 06:59 AM

Thanks

Thanks for the updates!

JeffK88 May 22nd, 2021 06:18 AM

Any tutorials on how to use the casting attribute in the community pack?

JeffK88 May 22nd, 2021 06:21 AM

NM I think I found it.

Venger July 1st, 2021 04:53 AM

Is there a Darksun homebrew?

Hi!
I'm wanting to track a couple chars playing in a 5e Darksun campaign.
I see "various homebrew options" in HLC and it got me wondering if there's homebrew data available I might not be aware of
Thanks

Ralkain August 4th, 2021 09:35 AM

Any chance the personal tab to be updated such that the permanent adjustment could add an archtype and another to add a domain? Some folks allow non-standard archtypes from another class or domain.

Ralkain August 4th, 2021 10:56 AM

Any chance of adding a domain or archtype under permanent adjustments. Som folks allow non-standard archtypes from another class or domain. Also under permanent adjustments, additional cantrip slots would be nice, you can add extra spell slots for all other levels.

Thanks for your consideration.

ethernetguru August 31st, 2021 08:54 AM

dupe post

-dupe

ethernetguru August 31st, 2021 08:55 AM

new psion classes?

Any chance of getting the this awesome psionics classes and data added: https://www.dmsguild.com/product/299...sionics-System
?

DavianGoliath September 27th, 2021 04:09 PM

Just curious where any Community Pack updates are after 3.0

It looks like real life got in the way, which I can totally relate to.

It looks like the Van Richten Ravenloft has not been released yet? I'm just asking as I have to make a Mist Hunter character for Origins this week and was hoping to use Hero Lab.

Thank you!

Fenris447 October 14th, 2021 10:48 AM

So I've been away a little while...real life issues are a pain. But I picked back up my work on Ravenloft and have completed it. I've pushed the content into the main branch on our GitHub, and have made the request to our data host to push it for official release. So it should hopefully hit everyone's Hero Lab in the next week or two.

Release V3.3 - Ravnica and Ravenloft

You can find the full patch notes here, and they are normally copied into this thread when the update actually goes live.

To give a brief overview of what's coming:

Major Additions
  • Acquisitions, Incorporated - All monsters added
  • Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica - All monsters, items, and charms added, making the book complete.
  • Princes of the Apocalypse - All monsters, also completing this book.
  • Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft - Everything added.

Minor Additions
  • Find Steed/Find Greater Steed Enhancements - These now function more like Find Familiar. Learning the spell will set up a minion where you can see your steed.
  • Barding - Armor for your little (or big) buddies.
  • New Adjustments - You can now hide deities from the selection list to keep things cleaner. Also, you can add a double proficiency (AKA Expertise).
  • Hex Warrior - Enjoy automatic bonuses to your Pact Weapons, and look forward to the relevant weapons dynamically applying your Charisma bonus when it's higher than your STR/DEX.
  • Bug Fixes - As always, squashing bugs and mistakes. See those full patch notes for specifics.

The GitHub and the Wiki

Some pages to keep in mind (including some new ones):
  • Issues - Submit any bugs or enhancement suggestions
  • Projects - Stay up to date on the current status of forthcoming updates, see what's being worked on, and what's on radar for the future.
  • Known Issues - See what problems we already know exist.
  • Homebrew Requests - An overview of how we're currently treating homebrew requests, updates, etc. And a list of the homebrew that's been requested so far. If you're wondering why we don't put homebrew in right now, give it a read.

What's Next (Release v3.4)

Since I took some time off and we're in the late-year release season, I'm placing some of the older books on the back burner for the sake of keeping up with current releases. Here's what I'm going to focus on for the next release:
  • The Wild Beyond the Witchlight
  • Fizban's Treasury of Dragons
  • Minsc and Boo's Journal of Villainy
  • Adventures in the Forgotten Realms - These were five short adventures released to promote the new D&D-themed Magic: The Gathering set.

Two other things I want to look at: Dragon5e has submitted a number of issues detailing errors in AC calculations; so many that a larger investigation may be needed. The other item is SRD monsters. LWD provides these as part of the basic 5E package for Hero Lab, so we haven't touched them in the Community Pack. But a number of monsters have received errata changes and remain unchanged in HL. So I plan to work through many of these and replace them with updated, Community Pack versions. This will end up being invisible to you; whatever SRD monsters you already have in your portfolios will automatically switch to use the corrected versions when they are released. I make no promises that either of these things will happen with 3.4, but they're on the horizon.

jbearwillis October 14th, 2021 04:15 PM

Thank you so much Fenris447.

Enforcer84 October 14th, 2021 04:34 PM

another smashing job, Fenris!

DavianGoliath October 17th, 2021 05:36 AM

Thank you, Fenris!

Fenris447 October 21st, 2021 12:45 PM

So it might be a while before 3.3 is actually pushed out to everyone automatically. In the meantime, you can manually download it from the GitHub if you like.

1. Go to the main Github page.
2. Click on the big green "Code" button.
3. Click "Download ZIP".
4. Extract all the contents into your 5e data folder. The default installation path is C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\5e, but you may have placed it elsewhere. You will be asked to overwrite many files. If you want to be safe, you can copy your 5e folder elsewhere before extracting the new stuff. Hero Lab does this automatically to the "importbackup" folder when it's doing the installing, so you can use that folder or save it elsewhere.
5. Close and re-open Hero Lab.
6. Enjoy!

Fenris447 October 24th, 2021 06:27 PM

I got word that the patch is out! Here's the full patch notes:

Update v3.3 - Ravnica and Ravenloft - Released 10-24-2021

NEW RELEASES
- Acquisitions, Incorporated - Added all monsters. Includes Orrery of the Wanderer.
- Curse of Strahd - Added all dark gifts in the Supernatural Gifts tab.
- Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica - Added all items, monsters and charms. Includes the monsters from the Krenko's Way adventure.
- Plane Shift: Dominaria - added Keldon variant for humans, a few languages, and Dominaria source to the Hawk-Headed Aven from Amonkhet.
- Player's Handbook - Added barding for each armor type in the gear tab.
- Princes of the Apocalypse - Added all monsters.
- Unearthed Arcana: 2020 Subclasses, Part 1 - The UA versions of these subclasses have been made available thanks to the great work of digitalshadowhawk.
- Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft - Added all dark gifts, deity, items, lineages, monsters, subclasses. Added backgrounds; use the "Background Option, Ravenloft" adjustment to apply the new General Background Features. The new bonds, flaws, etc. are available to any background when the Ravenloft source is selected. Added Survivors; add them through the encounter builder like normal monsters and use the Race tab to level them up and select talents. Much love to digitalshadowhawk for his work on the dark gifts.

ENHANCEMENTS & CHANGES
- All - Added new "Hide Deities" adjustment. Will hide your choice of either an entire category of deities or all deities not in a chosen category.
- EEPC - Added code that will remove "(EEPC)" from the name of each spell once that spell is selected for your hero or monster.
- GoS - Added the deity Procan
- IDRotF - Changed the Brain in a Jar (Rime)'s name to Brain in a Jar (Small) to reflect its presence in the Ravenloft book.
- LLK - Changed the Brain in a Jar's name to Brain in a Jar (Medium) to differentiate it from the Small version in IDRotF and VRGtR.
- PHB - Added a “Skill Proficiency, Double” adjustment. It works the way you’d expect, choosing a skill to gain double proficiency. You can choose from either skills you’re already proficient with or from any and all skills.
- PHB - Replaced SRD verison of Find Steed with new version that functions similarly to Find Familiar. Adds the steed as a companion, with an option to allow other creature choices. Use the "Find Steed" adjustment if you get this spell through something other than your class's spell list.
- TCOE - Changed all spells to have classes; this will add them to class spell lists when the TCOE source is selected. Previously you had to add the Class Feature Variant for Expanded Spell Lists for them to show up.
- TCOE - Made the Genie's Vessel a container, to reflect the fact that you can store things in it. Suggestion by Dragon5e.
- UA Gothic - Removed the "Tools" skill that was implemented here originally as a placeholder.
- UA - Sources added for 2020 Subclasses Parts 1-3 and 5. Be aware that the actual content for 2, 3, and 5 have not yet been added to the pack.
- XGTE - Improved Hex Warrior to automatically apply to Pact Weapons, and to dynamically apply Charisma bonus when higher than Str/Dex. Enhanced Find Greater Steed to function similarly to Find Familiar. Adds the steed as a companion, with an option to allow other creature choices. Use the "Find Greater Steed" adjustment if you get this spell through something other than your class's spell list.

BUGS
- CM - Serpent Scale armor now calculating AC correctly. Reported by BlackRose-XIII and fixed by Dragon5e.
- EEPC - Fixed this version of Tidal Wave to include it on the Sorcerer spell list.
- GGTR - Fixed gaseous form on Circle of Spores. Reported by Remandred.
- Homebrew - The Blood Hunter has been fixed to grant two curses at 2nd level. Keep in mind that this version of the class is not up to date, and won’t be updated in the near future.
- MTOF - Cleanup of incorrect and duplicate deities. This was originally listed in the notes for 3.2, but did not make the upload. Apologies.
- TCOE - Replaced Identify with Sleep on Cleric Twilight Domain spells. Reported by jaq1231.
- UA Sorcerer - Sea Sorcerer wasn't granting equal swim speed. Reported and fixed by Dragon5e.
- XGTE - Fixed Conquest Paladin's Scornful Rebuke to use CHA mod instead of half your Paladin level, as it was in UA. Reported by Remandred. Fixed Gloom Stalker Ranger's Dread Ambusher to play nicely with the Alert feat. Reported and fixed by BobStumpp.

KNOWN ISSUES
- Ongoing - Hero Lab has an issue with scripts requiring you to equip something. Instead of executing as soon as you equip something, they execute once you do something else in the portfolio, like adding an item, changing your HP, etc. Things function correctly, but take another "cycle" to process.

jbearwillis October 25th, 2021 07:52 AM

Thank you for all your hard work Fenris....

Fenris447 October 25th, 2021 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbearwillis (Post 297183)
Thank you for all your hard work Fenris....

Happy to do it! And I want to point out that we had contributions from more people than usual on this one; I tried to give credit where appropriate in the notes.

The next release is coming along nicely. I've got a ton of the Fizban's and Witchlight content done. By the time Fizban's actually releases, the only major things left to do will be Monsters and Items for those books, plus the monsters from Minsc & Boo's Journal of Villainy.

Also included in the next release will be the rest of Plane Shift: Dominaria, all the content from Adventures in the Forgotten Realms, and the two monsters from Return to the Glory.

jbearwillis October 25th, 2021 05:56 PM

Well then, A shout out of Thanks, goes out to all involved with this release... and on the next release, all I have to say is Awesome...

Fenris447 November 3rd, 2021 09:15 PM

So to update everyone, things are coming along alright on the next patch. I have WBtW Monsters about 99.9% completed, and FToD Monsters are at about 20% done.

I'm kind of dreading doing the items for them. Not because the programming is hard, but because re-writing the text for all of them is going to take forever. So if anyone wants to pitch in and help with the text, let me know. I could use a hand.

And of course, if someone were to just randomly message me telling me they had re-written the text for AND programmed all the items, I'd probably just die from joy right on the spot.

With help or not, I'd love to get this all done before December. Mainly because: 1. I have a date with Halo Infinite and 2. Strixhaven releases around then.

JeffK88 November 21st, 2021 09:22 AM

Sorry if an annoying question, dont ask many here. But how frequently does this get updated (like when should I expected the latest books to be in it?)

Fenris447 January 1st, 2022 08:08 AM

Happy New Year, everybody! I had some personal stuff so I didn't work on the pack for a while but I'm doing bits and pieces now. I'm working on the Strixhaven player options.

I'm curious; would y'all prefer a release sooner, without all the items from the recent books included, or later and with the complete books?

jbearwillis January 2nd, 2022 08:29 AM

Happy New Year Fenris, I am good waiting, or when you have time to get stuff done at your time frame... I am sure I will be in the minority,,, and that's fine, LOL. I am just glad you are taking the time to do it.... Peace out.

Fenris447 January 7th, 2022 12:23 PM

I'm wrapping up Release 3.4. I decided to push out the Items from recent books to the next patch, for the sake of getting all the other stuff into your hands. I'll post the full patch notes soon (though you can see them here). But here's the quick overview:

Release 3.4 - "Academics, Delights, and Dragons" (AD&D)
  • Fizban's Treasury of Dragons - Draconic Gifts, feats, monsters, races, spells, subclasses added.
  • Minsc and Boo's Journal of Villainy - All monsters added.
  • Strixhaven: A Curriculum of Chaos - Backgrounds, feats, monsters, race, and spells added.
  • The Wild Beyond the Witchlight - Backgrounds, monsters, races added.
  • Magic: The Gathering - Amonkhet, Dominaria, Innistrad, and the Adventures in the Forgotten Realms modules all get some love.
  • The usual other stuff; bug fixes, corrected typoes, and some of the 2021 errata.

Up Next: Release 3.5 - "Behold, My (Multiversal) Stuff!"

Here's a brief overview of the stuff I'm planning for the next patch. As always, this is subject to change.
  • Monsters of the Multiverse - Updated and new races, updated and new monsters, and whatever else we get in this upcoming book
  • 2021 (and earlier) Errata - A few things that were updated in the 2021 Errata made it into 3.4. The rest will be done in 3.5. There's also a lot of older, SRD monsters that were updated in previous Errata but never were updated in the LWD version of the SRD. I'll be reviewing those and replacing those monsters with up-to-date Community Pack versions.
  • Items, items, and items - There's a backlog of roughly 165 items from AI, AitFR, EGtW, FToD, MOoT, SACoC, and TWBtW. I want to believe I'll get them all done for 3.5, but I can only promise I'll do as many as I can without going insane.

As always, help is welcome. Whether it's reporting bugs on our GitHub issues page, rewriting descriptive text, or actual programming work, I'd love a hand!

jbearwillis January 7th, 2022 06:02 PM

Thanks Fenris, You are Awesome...

Fenris447 January 10th, 2022 08:59 AM

V3.4 - Academics, Delights and Dragons - 1/10/2022

MAJOR ADDITIONS
  • Fizban's Treasury of Dragons - Feats, monsters, races, spells, subclasses added. Added Draconic Gifts to the Supernatural Gifts tab.
  • Minsc and Boo's Journal of Villainy - All monsters added.
  • Strixhaven: A Curriculum of Chaos - Backgrounds, feats, monsters, race, and spells added.
  • The Wild Beyond the Witchlight - Backgrounds, monsters, races added.

MINOR ADDITIONS, ENHANCEMENTS, & CHANGES
  • Adventures in the Forgotten Realms - Monsters, spell added.
  • Planeshift: Amonkhet - Monsters added.
  • Planeshift: Dominaria - Added monsters and fiendish cult to complete this source's content.
  • Planeshift: Innistrad - Human variants, Inquisitor background, and monsters added. Skaab characteristics and angelic flight characteristics can be added as variant racial traits for each.
  • Return to the Glory - Monsters added.
  • Tasha's Cauldron of Everything - Added Druidic Warrior. This was missed in the TCoE release in 3.0

BUGS & CORRECTIONS
  • BGDiA - Fixed Hollyphant's spells to correct casts per day.
  • CoS - Updated Tree Blight's HP per Errata.
  • DMG - Fixed Necklace of Prayer beads not granting beads when 6 beads are selected. Replaced SRD Cloak of the Manta Ray with a version that actually grants swim speed. Various Errata updates and tweaks.
  • ERFtLW - Fixed bug preventing Fire Bolt from showing up in Artificer spell list.
  • MToF - Fixed spelling errors with Eladrin name and description.
  • PHB - 2021 Errata updates to Magnificent Mansion and Clone.
  • SCAG - Added History as option for the Knight of the Order background proficiency.
  • TCoE - Removed Psionic Spells from Clockwork Soul Sorcerer subclass. Fixed selection of Counterspell as a Clockwork spell. Fixed One with the Word to only work at 14th+ level.
  • UA Warlock & Wizard - Fixed Raven's Shield to work only once level 10 is reached. Thanks to jbearwillis for the fix.

KNOWN ISSUES
  • DMG - The Rod of Lordly Might was updated in errata such that button 1, which forms a flame tongue sword, can be any sword of your choosing. Programming this choice in would be extremely complicated and honestly, it's easier if you just add a Flame Tongue Sword of your choice to your character separate from the Rod and use that.
  • See Known Issues page on the 5e Community Pack Github for previous known issues.

jbearwillis January 10th, 2022 04:28 PM

Thanks so much for your hard work on the files, Fenris....

Fenris447 January 14th, 2022 08:16 PM

Here's how I think I'm going to handle the revised races in Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse. Next release, there will be a new category on the Configure Hero screen called "5e Revised Sourcebooks". I'm doing this so that when the PHB revision releases in 2024 (basically a 5.5e for D&D's 50th anniversary), we'll have a place to put that as its own sourcebook.

Under that new category will be the MPMotM book. If you select it, it will remove the old versions of these races as options, and provide the new ones in their place. So the old versions aren't going anywhere. If you want to keep your old, slow-walking, fast-flying Aarakocra, just don't select the new MPMotM source on the Configure Hero screen. It'll be as simple as that.

I'm expecting some exceptions to crop up once I can dig into the book, but I'll try to err on the side of preserving old versions. I just hate the idea of us having a massive race list where there are multiple versions of each race, all displayed together e.g. "Aarakocra, Aarakocra (MotM), Aasimar, Aasimar (DMG), Aasimar (MotM), etc."

If anyone has strong feelings against this approach, feel free to express your reasons.

Enforcer84 January 20th, 2022 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenris447 (Post 297971)
Here's how I think I'm going to handle the revised races in Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse. Next release, there will be a new category on the Configure Hero screen called "5e Revised Sourcebooks". I'm doing this so that when the PHB revision releases in 2024 (basically a 5.5e for D&D's 50th anniversary), we'll have a place to put that as its own sourcebook.

Under that new category will be the MPMotM book. If you select it, it will remove the old versions of these races as options, and provide the new ones in their place. So the old versions aren't going anywhere. If you want to keep your old, slow-walking, fast-flying Aarakocra, just don't select the new MPMotM source on the Configure Hero screen. It'll be as simple as that.

I'm expecting some exceptions to crop up once I can dig into the book, but I'll try to err on the side of preserving old versions. I just hate the idea of us having a massive race list where there are multiple versions of each race, all displayed together e.g. "Aarakocra, Aarakocra (MotM), Aasimar, Aasimar (DMG), Aasimar (MotM), etc."

If anyone has strong feelings against this approach, feel free to express your reasons.

I do like this method, as I try to do that for my Custom Campaign files. Just have the version of the races I use.

Fenris447 January 29th, 2022 07:08 PM

Just to update everyone, the revised races from MP:MotM are done. I'm very happy with how they turned out, and I'm really excited to get them into everyone's hands!

One interesting thing; there's no such thing as subraces in this book. Each Genasi, the two types of Gith, Duergar, Deep Gnomes, Shadar-Kai, Sea Elves, and Eladrin all are treated as their own separate races.

I split how I approached these; for the Gith and Genasi, the book contains all published subraces for them. So I felt comfortable making them with a base Gith and base Genasi, and treating their variations as subraces (this is how their older versions operate in the Community Pack).

But for the elven subraces, the Duergar, and the Deep Gnome, I realized we have no way of being certain what the base elf, dwarf, and gnome will look like when they're revised in 2024. So I programmed them as separate races each. Obviously the base races and their other subraces aren't going anywhere. So now when you select the base Dwarf while you have this new source active, you won't see Duergar in the list of subraces. It'll instead be its own race.

If the revised races come out in 2 years and it makes sense to turn these things back into subraces, I'll do that. But that's Future Fenris's problem. Screw that guy.

EDIT: Also, one extra thing I did; I tried to set everything up so that whenever it makes sense, racial abilities will show up when outputting the hero as a stat block. In case you're into that sort of thing.

TremorAcePV February 2nd, 2022 07:03 PM

Thank you for all the effort you put in Fenris!

I'm having an issue with Tasha's Sorcerer Variant spells.

When I hover the feature, it doesn't list:
Quote:

2nd-level: Magic Weapon
5th-level: Bigby's Hand (Arcane Hand)
6th-level: Otiluke's Freezing Sphere (Freezing Sphere)
And I don't find those added to my spell list to be chosen as a Divine Soul Sorcerer either.

Looking at the commit on github, I see that the description and entry is different, listing the missing spells.

For example, the commit has the description for the variant feature mentioning Freezing Sphere, but the description I have doesn't. The version I have of the 5e Community Pack is from 10 January 2022 and have tried to update it.

The code itself says:
Quote:

<tag group="ClsAllowSp" tag="spArcaHand"/>
<tag group="ClsAllowSp" tag="spMagiWeap"/>
<tag group="ClsAllowSp" tag="spFreeSphe"/>
So I'm unsure why it's not giving me access given the latest release was on January 3rd.

Fenris447 February 3rd, 2022 11:57 AM

My best guess is that you're confusing the UA version of the variant features from the official Tasha's. I just now tested the Tasha's stuff and it lists those spells and correctly adds them. If you're adding an adjustment called Class Feature Variants: Sorcerer, you're doing the UA version, not the Tasha's one.

The Tasha's version can be found by going to your Configure Hero Screen (ctrl+k), scrolling down to Optional Rules, and checking "Always Show Tasha's Variants Tab." Once that's checked, you'll see that tab where you can add the official versions.

I'm going to add some text to clarify those Adjustments are the old UA versions, not the official ones. I can see how it'd be confusing. I also highly recommend only selecting sources on your Configure Hero screen that you know you need, as you'll end up with a ton of copies between UA and official versions of things.

Renzeqq February 6th, 2022 03:10 PM

Humblewood?

Hi there, we've been using the Hero Lab app for awhile now and love it. We backed the kickstarter for Humblewood when it was up and we've been playing a campaign for awhile. We've really missed being able to use the Hero Lab program to create and maintain our characters.

Is anyone working on a Humblewood segment for the community pack?

I've been looking to do it myself, but I have no clue where to begin.

TremorAcePV February 6th, 2022 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenris447 (Post 298198)
My best guess is that you're confusing the UA version of the variant features from the official Tasha's. I just now tested the Tasha's stuff and it lists those spells and correctly adds them. If you're adding an adjustment called Class Feature Variants: Sorcerer, you're doing the UA version, not the Tasha's one.

The Tasha's version can be found by going to your Configure Hero Screen (ctrl+k), scrolling down to Optional Rules, and checking "Always Show Tasha's Variants Tab." Once that's checked, you'll see that tab where you can add the official versions.

I'm going to add some text to clarify those Adjustments are the old UA versions, not the official ones. I can see how it'd be confusing. I also highly recommend only selecting sources on your Configure Hero screen that you know you need, as you'll end up with a ton of copies between UA and official versions of things.

That was indeed the answer. Thank you!

Fenris447 February 12th, 2022 08:04 PM

After a few weeks of non-stop work, I'm finally in the home stretch on all of the Monsters of the Multiverse monsters. It was waaay more work than I expected, as practically every single monster was changed, and in much more significant ways than a number here or some text there. And because consensus was to keep the existing versions and add these as new ones, well... I basically just redid VGM and MTOF. A good 50% of all their abilities had to be remade, to preserve the old, different versions.

Once released, the new monsters will be in the Encounter Builder, with names like "Wood Woad (Revised)". On top of that, I've improved on a few things.

Variants, like the various types of guard drakes, fiends that can summon other fiends, and creatures with higher CRs while in their Lairs, will now all be picked from the Variant features menu on each monster. So if you want a green grung, select "Grung (Revised) from the Encounter Builder, click "Add optional Variant Traits" from the Race tab, and select "Green". Any time the book shows an optional variant trait, that's where you'll find it in Hero Lab. Note that I did not retroactively change this for previous books. As nice as that would be to have, it's just way too much work for little benefit.

This cuts down on the already huge list we have in the Encounter Builder, cuts down on data size, and makes more sense considering that's what variant options are for.

Once I wrap up this stuff, I'll move into working on some Items. Basically I'll do as much as I can stand for a few weeks, release what's done, and try to give myself a bit of a break before Call of the Netherdeep hits in March.

Lexin February 14th, 2022 08:05 AM

I am being really dim about this, but how do I download the files to add this to HL? It's been so long since I did it, I can't remember what to do.

Fenris447 February 14th, 2022 08:17 AM

Your answer is on the first post of this thread ;)

Lexin February 14th, 2022 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenris447 (Post 298297)
Your answer is on the first post of this thread ;)

Should have gone further back...

ShadowRose February 14th, 2022 07:44 PM

Strixhaven BGs

It seems that the Quandrix Student background is providing the cantrip options for Lorehold. Is anyone else seeing the same thing?