Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   D&D 5e Community Pack (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=55090)

Cid January 19th, 2018 04:50 AM

I asked before, in; i think; another thread, but are there any updates on Xanathar's? No rush, everyone's not doing this for the lulz. Everyone has the kids, the job, and the normal life. So no rush.

EDIT: Well #@$%, i guess i asked in this thread.

daplunk January 19th, 2018 04:54 AM

Quite a bit has been done. Classes, spells, items, feats.

You can get it early here: https://github.com/Sklore/HL_DD_5e_C...ive/master.zip

gaffneyks January 20th, 2018 05:59 AM

some of us don't know how to load it....or at least i don't.......

Probably something i should look at figuring out, when i am not spending all my time entering data into Realm Works

dungeonguru January 20th, 2018 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaffneyks (Post 261708)
some of us don't know how to load it....or at least i don't.......

Probably something i should look at figuring out, when i am not spending all my time entering data into Realm Works

I don't know how to do this on ipad or other non-PC platform, but on a regular computer you open the Downloads folder, unzip the file you got from the link daplunk provided to someplace like your desktop. Open the folder it creates from the unzip process and copy all the files there to your 5e folder.

On a PC this defaults to:
C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\5e

Then when you launch HL, the new options should show up.

dungeonguru January 20th, 2018 06:30 AM

Although, I should note that some of the feats or classes may have bugs - feel free to comment on any you find if you take the plunge but do so over on github by opening a new ticket. All the XGTE materials are currently being tested and updated as things are found.

daplunk January 20th, 2018 01:15 PM

Oh and FYI. ProgramData is a hidden folder. You can find this easily from within Hero Lab.

Tools > Explore Folders > Game System Data Folder

SFornelli January 27th, 2018 07:12 PM

Black Dragon Mask

Heya, is the Black Dragon Mask from HotDQ working as expected? It's supposed to give a CHA bonus to your AC if you aren't wearing armor, but it itself is marked as armor.

So is it negating its own bonus?

Thanks!

dungeonguru January 28th, 2018 06:16 AM

It is probably not working. You can grab the "Dragon Mask, Black" wondrous item from the Rise of Tiamat. That seems to work better and carries the same stats.

Atrius February 1st, 2018 06:52 PM

Got a question/possible bug report. For the Guild Merchant variant of the Guild Artisan from PHB, it says that the Guild Merchant can be "proficient with navigator's tools or an additional language" in place of the proficiency with artisan's tools. A Guild Artisan normally gets one language in addition to the artisan's tools. So, based on the variant, a Guild Merchant should have the option to either get (a) navigator's tools and one language, or (b) two languages. However, when selecting Guild Merchant, it automatically grants proficiency with navigator's tools and does not allow you to go for the other option of selecting instead a second language. Is there some way to select that option that I am not seeing (other than doing a Custom Background, which then removes the ability to select your "Guild Business" option)? If not, I think this might be a small bug that needs to be fixed.

dungeonguru February 2nd, 2018 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atrius (Post 262511)
Got a question/possible bug report.

It is true that the option you point out is not available. I'm not exactly sure if there is a good or easy way to fix this, but if you want to make an official request to fix this, the best place to do so is at the github.

That puts it on the bug tracker for the community to look into.

dungeonguru February 2nd, 2018 08:34 AM

The new version of the community files are coming available today. Here are the release notes. If you find any issues with the new files, or would like to request a change or enhancment, please open a ticket here.

v2.2 February 2, 2018

NEW RELEASES
  • Xanathar's Guide to Everything - Classes, Spells, Common Magic Items & Racial Feats.
  • Tales from the Yawning Portal - Monsters & Magic Items
  • Unearthed Arcana - Feats for Skills added.
  • Unearthed Arcana - That Old Black Magic added. The tiefling race in this source has both abyssal and infernal subraces. The demon conjuration spells were added for you evil sorcerers and wizards.
ENHANCEMENTS & CHANGES
  • Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide (SCAG) - Barbarian totems have had their placeholder text replaced and scripts should be working properly now. Players desiring Tree Ghost must select Tree Ghost as their Totem Spirit (1st Totem Warrior Ability) in order for the spell 'Speak with Plants' to replace the 'Speak with Animals' ritual from Spirit Seeker.
  • Unearthed Arcana - The Ranger, Revised - The Ranger (2016) variant class' Fighting Styles were stacking with Fighting Styles earned from other classes or features, this has been fixed. The _'broken'_ fighting styles will show up with ' - Depreciated' added to the end of their names. The Depreciated fighting styles have been removed from the choices presented when Fighting Style is selected again, so only Fighting Styles that haven't been earned via another class or feat will show up on the selection dialog.
  • Unearthed Arcana - Gothic Heroes - The revenant race is depreciated. Dragonborn characters gain a Revenant draconic ancestry, which prompts for the original draconic ancestry and modifies the breath weapon appropriately. Many races with subrace options gain an appropriate Revenant subrace option. Finally, Humans and many other PC races were granted a Revenant variant racial trait. Select the '5e Unearthed Arcana - Gothic Heroes' source in Configure Hero (Ctrl-K) to explore the revised options.
  • DnD5E.info Custom Output (dpmcalister) - Character sheet fixes.
BUGS
  • Fixed where Aztec Pantheon was hijacking goblinoid gods. Forced goblinoid gods into the Goblin Pantheon as default.
  • En5ider 65 - Priests Elemental Power - fixed Fiery Soul for Flames domain.
  • Unearthed Arcana - Lore Mastery school fixed where it would double proficiency on all 4 skill mentioned rather than any you were proficient in.
  • Unearthed Arcana - Gothic Heroes - Inquisitive was showing up as selection even when source was was not selected. This is fixed.
  • Homebrew - Softpaw tool proficiency selection now shows up on Race tab correctly.
  • Homebrew - Psionics Handbook - Lurk was showing even when the source was not showing, this is corrected.

mmen12a February 4th, 2018 04:44 PM

How to use Polymorph on PC with Herolab

Hi, what is an easy way to enable shape change on a PC in Hero Lab? My wizard has just gotten the Polymorph spell and the shapechanger ability? I've seen that Pathfinder has something for it but 5e does not and I'm just looking for something easy to do. Currently, I'm Just switching the main PC to a Blank sheet that says polymorph form.

Mergon February 6th, 2018 06:37 AM

Under the Gear tab just add the beast as a Hireling. Or add a Beast in the same place as a Wildshape.

thewolfye February 6th, 2018 10:34 AM

Community Pack - Tiefling Error

Just donwloaded the new community pack. It all works great but i noticed an error with the Tiefling feats. For some reason you get a validation error that Tiefling is required even when you have that selected for your race. Tried different things to fix it but it wasn't removing the validation error.

LiamChgo February 13th, 2018 08:01 PM

Xanathar's bug:

I got the update recently that included Xanathar's Guide. Tonight, I just encountered a problem with a couple of the feats from in.
One of the players in my group is a tiefling rogue. In tonight's game, he finally gained enough XP to reach level 8. There are 2 racial feats from Xanathar's Guide for tieflings, yet neither one was available for his tiefling. Instead, the feats are greyed out and show a red warning of "Tiefling Required". Yet his race is already marked as tiefling! I tried changing his race, the changing it back to tiefling with no change to the feats.

Dami February 13th, 2018 11:37 PM

As the first post states - open a ticket on Github to report bugs.

dungeonguru February 14th, 2018 04:57 AM

The tiefling bug has been reported. It will be fixed in the next release.

Enforcer84 February 21st, 2018 06:59 PM

any idea what that is? I was toying with it but it only seemed to affect Tieflings

dungeonguru February 26th, 2018 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enforcer84 (Post 263384)
any idea what that is? I was toying with it but it only seemed to affect Tieflings

The problem is that the check looks for rTiefling and not r5CTieflin.

Enforcer84 February 28th, 2018 02:08 PM

oh gotcha.

Orudeon March 16th, 2018 05:57 PM

Thank you to all the hard work you've done in making the community pack.

I wanted to know if Xanathar's Lost Notes to Everything Else will be added. It's the one available here: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/2284...verything-Else

daplunk March 16th, 2018 07:24 PM

It's not something I plan on doing. Not sure about others though. We only really use the official content at our table these days.

corhen March 18th, 2018 12:31 PM

Hey all,

First of all, thank you so much for your work on the community pack

Second: i want to report a bug: as of the most recent errata for the Curse of Strahd character, the Haunted One gets two background skill proficiencies, not one.

Source: https://www.sageadvice.eu/tag/errata/

Mergon March 18th, 2018 12:42 PM

Please use the link in daplunk's post above to log the error.

D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault

Just open a new bug issue so that we know to fix it. :)

dungeonguru March 18th, 2018 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orudeon (Post 264494)
I wanted to know if Xanathar's Lost Notes to Everything Else will be added.

Generally speaking, I'm reluctant to put anything into the community pack that doesn't have a clear understanding with the author/publisher for us to do so. I'm also shy and don't like trying to track down permission from authors and publishers. DMsGuild literally has hundreds of authors, with their own ideas of whether or not or how we can give away a free version of their hard work.

I don't mind showing other people how to enter new monsters and characters for their personal files though. If I didn't have a face made for radio and a voice made for silent movies I'd think about making a youtube series of how to do HL classic work.

corhen March 18th, 2018 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mergon (Post 264542)
Please use the link in daplunk's post above to log the error.

D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault

Just open a new bug issue so that we know to fix it. :)

Thanks Mergon, done!

JasonCarrier March 31st, 2018 06:17 PM

When I follow the steps to add the source, it says Hero Lab is updated, but after I reload it, none of the data pack shows up.

Anyone else experience this?

Cid April 3rd, 2018 05:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonCarrier (Post 265017)
When I follow the steps to add the source, it says Hero Lab is updated, but after I reload it, none of the data pack shows up.

Anyone else experience this?

Did you turn it all on in Hero Settings?

ml1201 April 10th, 2018 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cid (Post 265135)
Did you turn it all on in Hero Settings?

You know, I was wondering why it wasn't working for me either, and I'm glad I checked out the last page to see if there were any questions. Things for pointing out that it needed to be activated.

RavenX April 17th, 2018 06:34 PM

Spells Hex and Witch Bolt should have Concentration listed under Duration, they currently do not.

Mergon April 17th, 2018 07:43 PM

A lot of spells that were entered by HeroLabs itself need to be flagged as concentration. As it is, the only way to tell is that if the duration includes the words 'up to" then you know its a concentration spell. I keep hoping that HeroLab will get around to fixing this one day.

ShadowChemosh April 17th, 2018 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mergon (Post 265653)
A lot of spells that were entered by HeroLabs itself need to be flagged as concentration. As it is, the only way to tell is that if the duration includes the words 'up to" then you know its a concentration spell. I keep hoping that HeroLab will get around to fixing this one day.

If Concentration is a "tag" then you can use the editors *Extend tab to add the tag yourself to the spells.

RavenX April 23rd, 2018 02:42 PM

Also, The Duergar dwarven subrace in the community data is showing its innate spellcasting spells too soon on the spells tab. They should show at levels 3 and 5, not 1st level. See the tiefling in Hero Lab to see how this was implemented so you can get it working right. It should only show these spells at the level's they are granted. I'd flag this to look through other races that were added by the community to see if this is a consistent issue across the board.

Astroneil May 10th, 2018 01:09 PM

Hey everyone, I'm wondering if there's a way to add a custom companion to the UA Ranger. When I add the companion via the UA Ranger, there doesn't seem to be a way to do it, and when I add an NPC, it doesn't give me the option to add my prof bonuses, let them roll hit dice for extra HP, or choose extra skill proficiencies for it.

Even if I had to edit some files or something of the sort, I'd love it if someone could point me at a tutorial. Thanks a bunch.

daplunk May 29th, 2018 04:50 AM

Just a throw out to all the Hero Lab Editor Warriors amongst us. Most of the usual suspects who work on the Community Pack are snowed down with real life. Apparently it's a thing that blocks gaming time. All attempts to convince my 2 year old that he needs to give me more time on this stuff has fallen on deaf ears so far this year.

So if there are any lurkers around who know how to enter monsters word on the street is there is a good 116 new ones that need doing.

Feel free to shoot me a pm if you would like to contribute.

If you would like to learn how to enter monsters you can watch my videos HERE and HERE. Monsters are great as they are generally just displaying information and don't require any fancy code to get them working.

daplunk May 29th, 2018 06:19 AM

To get the ball rolling I have just pushed the first monster to the Github. The file structure necessary is now in place.

Anyone new to the editor should be able to use this to learn how to create other monsters.

Issue 834 has been raised to assist with group organisation.

Many hands make light work ;)

Mergon May 29th, 2018 06:22 AM

Once I am done with the subraces and other parts of MToF, I'll do what I can with monsters.

Ever since my minor stroke back in Mat 2017 my HL scripting take far long than I'd like.

daplunk May 29th, 2018 06:27 AM

:( That sucks mate.

Personally my scripting has always taken forever. But that's all to do with my lack of skill.

Mergon May 29th, 2018 06:30 AM

Once I get the first of an item's frameworks done, the following ones usually go smoothly <cross fingers>

Usually this stuff doesn't take long whereas creatures are usually just a matter of grinding away. :)

daplunk May 29th, 2018 01:51 PM

I think I might be able to speed the monsters up by parsing the data in. I've done it before very successfully with spells. It wouldn't do the whole monster but get the basics in ready for the special abilities to be made and added. I just don't have time to play with the idea.