Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Shadowrun (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Adding Dragons (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=22109)

Kesendeja August 3rd, 2012 07:46 PM

Adding Dragons

I'm adding a race that gains a +1 IP pass and need help coding the bonus.
Also their Damage needs to be -2 AP.
In addition I need to make a new Gear Size.
Any help would be appreciated.

If anyone's interested its the Dragons as PC's Catalyst released as an April Fools several years back. Not really all that balanced but fun for a one off game and making NPC's.

Kesendeja August 4th, 2012 06:50 AM

And if someone can help me mod Great Dragon to use with them I'd appreciate it.

Kesendeja August 8th, 2012 10:25 PM

The questions seem viable for more than just my build.

Jareth Valar August 9th, 2012 03:37 AM

OK, maybe an idea as to why this is happening might garner some help.

Kesendeja's starting up a "new" on-again/off-again game bringing back some OLD prime runner's we played straight to retirement and street legend status (emphasis on OLD, PRIME and LEGEND status). She plans on them getting embroiled in this whole dragon civil war meta plot going down and thinks the April Fool's article actually works for her campaign.

So, this isn't just some whimsical screw-ball request.....wait, actually, it is kinda screw-ball, but an actual request none the less.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mathias August 9th, 2012 08:01 AM

You've asked complex questions - several of them, and those take time to answer properly.

You've also asked them in the week before Gen Con - I'm rushing to finish a number of things before the Con, and have not had the time to look into this yet. I will try to make the time before the convention.

Although I can answer one quickly - the gear size can't be done by users - there are too many places in the structural files where gear size behaviors need to be modified for me to be able to expose that to users.

Kesendeja August 9th, 2012 08:10 AM

About gear, makes sense and thanks. Didn't mean to nag, I completely forgot about Gencon until this morning, so sorry if I came across as impatient. Whenever you get the time to look at it I appreciate it, I just didn't know if anyone was taking me seriously given the source. But thanks for the hard work.

Mathias August 9th, 2012 08:33 AM

You may want to take another look at the Dragon from the critter tab, though - It applies an AP modifier to its natural attack, so study all the details of that attack - how does it do it?

Kesendeja August 9th, 2012 08:53 AM

Thanks, got it figured out.
Field ID = wpAP

Mathias August 9th, 2012 09:07 AM

The critter dragons get +1 IP - how do they do that?

If that doesn't work (that mechanism may only be available for critters and not normal races), think of augmentations or adept powers that add +1 IP - how do they do so? Can you copy their Eval Scripts, modify them to add +1 instead of + rating, and add that script to your race?

Mathias August 9th, 2012 09:10 AM

Sorry for not answering these earlier - I guess they were just matters of figuring out where the best places to point you were, not cases where I needed to figure out the scripts that would be involved - I was overthinking them and put them on the back burner because of that.

Kesendeja August 9th, 2012 09:24 AM

Improved Reflexes

~if we're disabled, just get out now
doneif (activated = 0)

~add our rating to Reaction
perform hero.child[attrRea].field[trtMagic].modify[+,field[trtFinal].value,""]
~add our rating to Initiative Passes
perform hero.child[attrPass].field[trtMagic].modify[+,field[trtFinal].value,""]

How would I get it to be a one level only ability?

Mathias August 9th, 2012 09:28 AM

Find the +

See anything next to that that might be the amount to add?

Mathias August 9th, 2012 09:29 AM

Oh, and I notice you didn't note the phase & priority of the script you're copying - that's a good habit to get into when posting scripts that you want help diagnosing, in case the problem is actually a timing issue, not the script itself.

Kesendeja August 9th, 2012 09:30 AM

doneif (activated = 0)

~add our rating to Reaction
perform hero.child[attrRea].field[trtMagic].modify[+,1"]
perform hero.child[attrPass].field[trtMagic].modify[+,1""]

Kesendeja August 9th, 2012 09:31 AM

Traits and 7000

Mathias August 9th, 2012 09:36 AM

Does that script work for your race?

(Don't forget that the adept power you're copying adds to both IP and Reaction - you only want IP).

Kesendeja August 9th, 2012 09:38 AM

So is it [+1""] or [+,1""]

Mathias August 9th, 2012 09:41 AM

[+,1,""] - three different entries, each separated by a comma.

Kesendeja August 9th, 2012 09:42 AM

Giving me a "(line 449) - Thing - Invalid unique id error when I go to test it for use.

Mathias August 9th, 2012 09:44 AM

The first is +, -, *, or / - what operation you want to perform.

The second is the amount to add, subtract, multiply by, or divide by.

The third is what to label this operation as coming from, when the user moves their mouse over that attribute - in this case, it's using two quotation marks, which means to just use the name of whatever's running this script.

Mathias August 9th, 2012 09:46 AM

When you made your copy of one of the dragons on the critter tab, did you delete the copy once you were done looking at it and before testing your real race?

Kesendeja August 9th, 2012 09:54 AM

doneif (activated = 0)

perform hero.child[attrPass].field[trtMagic].modify[+,1"]

Keeps giving me an arthmatic error. You guys make this look easy.

Mathias August 9th, 2012 09:57 AM

perform hero.child[attrPass].field[trtMagic].modify[+,1"]

should be:

perform hero.child[attrPass].field[trtMagic].modify[+,1,""]

You're missing a comma and a quotation mark in that line.

Mathias August 9th, 2012 09:58 AM

(I'm heading out to lunch now - back in an hour)

Kesendeja August 9th, 2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 88355)
When you made your copy of one of the dragons on the critter tab, did you delete the copy once you were done looking at it and before testing your real race?

Nope, but it saved after, just getting a diffrent error this time.

Kesendeja August 9th, 2012 10:03 AM

It LIVES!

Kesendeja August 14th, 2012 01:40 PM

Okay, Dragons work but how do we get the modifier "Great Dragon" to work with them?

Ryu August 19th, 2012 10:29 AM

In the editor, go to the Race tab of your freshly created player race type of Dragon and set a Tag "Race" to "rcDraco". (Or Click Counts as.. and select Dracoforms&morphs, NOT Dragons).

GDs as playable chars... I´m envious. And afraid. ^^

Kesendeja August 27th, 2012 10:55 PM

it shows up in the infected is it supposed to? Great was more for me to keep track of but I've been playing with the idea of a one off 1500 karma game only rule being that no one gets to buy legendary as a quality.

Korwin February 4th, 2013 01:21 AM

Is it working?
Could I copy the data files somewhere?

Kesendeja February 16th, 2013 01:24 PM

My computer's down, but I'm having my husband look for the file.

Kesendeja March 22nd, 2013 06:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here it is, plus a few other things.

Korwin March 22nd, 2013 12:23 PM

Thanks.
Uhm, sorry to bother you, but how do I get this into HeroLab?
HeroLab seems to want an *.hl file.

TCArknight March 22nd, 2013 01:03 PM

All you need to do is put the .user file in the folder where the data for the game system is (mine's Program Data/Herolab/data/Shadowrun ) and that should do it. After that, the data in the file should be available he next time HL is opened...

Korwin March 25th, 2013 09:03 AM

Thanks, worked like an charm.

Edit:
Got to look at it some.
Is there an easy way to inculde the Mage quality into the race and to set the Magic attribut to an minimum of 6?
I suppose I would need to change Essence too?

Edit2: Fout the Magican qualitiy thingy. Now (currently) idea how to set the minimum magic to 6...

Jaffer April 27th, 2013 03:42 AM

(Double post, Oops)

Jaffer April 27th, 2013 05:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I believe I have completed the dragon races.

I did get some assistance from Mathias, from Development Support, so credit where credit is due.

I have created a .user file that holds all 4 dragons, the Magical Tradition, and the metamagic.

I had to create a number of checks that run when the race is loaded, so the stats displayed when picking it are incorrect.
Once the race is loaded, it should match the .pdf released.

If you see any issues, please let me know, as I would love to get this perfect.
Please note, that I am very new at this, so I do expect there to be some mistakes.

I hope you enjoy.
~Jaffer

ps. I had to upload the file as a .zip, as the forums don't appear to let me upload a .user file directly.

Kesendeja May 1st, 2013 05:15 PM

Looks good, much neater than mine. Any possibility to add the option of "Great Dragon" to the file. I prefer to make my dragons using the rules for PC's, just with a lot more Karma.

Jaffer May 2nd, 2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kesendeja (Post 155384)
Looks good, much neater than mine.

Thankyou, I tried to make it look as polished as possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kesendeja (Post 155384)
Any possibility to add the option of "Great Dragon" to the file. I prefer to make my dragons using the rules for PC's, just with a lot more Karma.

I don’t know where I would find rules for how to create Great Dragons.
Without some form of stats, it’s hard to create a balanced and rule following race.

I would also be hesitant to add it to the ‘dragons’ .user file, as I want it to remain as close as possible to the original rules released by Catalyst. (even if it was an April fools joke)

I will take a look when I get the chance, but I can’t make any promises on Great Dragons.

Thankyou for the feedback.
~Jaffer

Korwin May 7th, 2013 08:55 PM

Don't have the april fool pdf at hand, but if I remember correctly there is a paragraph about great dragons in there.