Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Army Builder (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Roster Size (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=14364)

Decurion November 3rd, 2011 07:54 AM

Roster Size

Is there a way to have a ruleset set the max roster size?

Indie November 4th, 2011 01:29 PM

Decurion, I was wondering that myself.

I've just activated my licence, and was showing my daughter how to create a list for her School League. I thought it would automatically limit the points to 600, but it doesn't.

jlong05 November 4th, 2011 07:37 PM

You can set the roster size when you create the list for your specific game. Normally it is in the roster options page.

Indie November 5th, 2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlong05 (Post 65018)
You can set the roster size when you create the list for your specific game. Normally it is in the roster options page.

I think (I hope, if I understood correctly) that Decurion was asking about the Points Cost (Roster Size) being set when you choose which Rules you select.

As an example, Games Workshop's School League rules specify that the points limit is 600. Army Builder allows you to specify any limit you want, including 'Unlimited', even after choosing School League as your Rule.

It would be handy if the Points Cost was automatically set to 600 when the School League Rule is selected.

(Decurion, I hope I've understood your original post correctly)

Decurion December 29th, 2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indie (Post 65050)
I think (I hope, if I understood correctly) that Decurion was asking about the Points Cost (Roster Size) being set when you choose which Rules you select.

As an example, Games Workshop's School League rules specify that the points limit is 600. Army Builder allows you to specify any limit you want, including 'Unlimited', even after choosing School League as your Rule.

It would be handy if the Points Cost was automatically set to 600 when the School League Rule is selected.

(Decurion, I hope I've understood your original post correctly)

That is partially what I was after... I am working with a game that has no points cost per se, but rather a number of units that could be set by choosing a number of units.

Tim

Garfunkel January 3rd, 2012 03:51 AM

Hello,

As workaround, You can use a rule to limit the point cost or the number of units.

This won't automaticaly set the limit, but will be a good indication for the user to set manualy the cost limit (or to select the right number of units)

Regards,
Garfunkel

Colen January 9th, 2012 09:11 AM

A validation rule is the way you would implement this, as Garfunkel says - when ruleset X is active, require that the point total be between Y and Z points.