Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Cortex System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Cortex Availability (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12335)

Bel February 1st, 2011 09:13 AM

Cortex Availability

I have seen the announcement regarding the disablement of the cortex module - has there been any word on whether this will be made available again? I want to buy your product, but I can't until cortex is available.

MarvelUA February 14th, 2011 09:49 AM

I was curious about this as well. And is the Cortex module for all the games under it--Serenity, Smallville, etc-as well? I would assume it would be, but I'm curious which games might be on there. If you ever bring back this license, that is.

Colen February 24th, 2011 09:33 AM

We're working on this, but we don't have any news on dates or the specifics of which games will be included right now. We'll make sure to post here when we have some concrete data.

Every1talks March 4th, 2011 12:34 PM

Just read the annoucement as well. Will keep on checking back.

ozchandler May 8th, 2011 05:26 PM

been a long while with nothing heard. does it appear the licensing issue will be resolved anytime soon or should we just forget about the cortex and herolab marriage?

roguescribner May 30th, 2011 06:01 AM

There isn't a way to revert to an older version of Hero Lab or move the Cortex system from one version to another is there? I got a new computer to replace my old laptop and was successful in applying my secondary license but I'd love it if I could move all my Cortex work from my laptop to my new PC, but that doesn't seem possible. I get that new sales are suspended (indefinitely it seems), but since I've paid for the license already, it'd be nice if I could use it on my computer of choice. Is that possible?

flamepulse May 30th, 2011 09:01 AM

you should be able to download hte dataset once you reactivate your lisence if you purchased it already. Thats what i did.

roguescribner May 30th, 2011 07:16 PM

Awesome! I just assumed since I didn't see it as a game choice on the front screen that it wasn't available at all.

Thanks!!!

tooley1chris June 13th, 2012 04:43 AM

Would really like to see this re licensed. Wanna run Serenity!

SAbel September 24th, 2012 04:18 PM

is there anyway to use these data files or get them now, I have a copy but the person who is about to run Serenity did not purchase them and would like a set for characters ect?

tooley1chris December 4th, 2012 04:52 PM

Nuttin but crickets...

SAbel December 7th, 2012 05:04 PM

chirp chirp :(

Duggan December 7th, 2012 05:50 PM

{bites lip} Maybe they can't speak on advice of legal counsel until this gets resolved?

SAbel January 1st, 2013 06:29 PM

I would believe that is so, also I think that Josh W. took back all the rights ect to items pertaining to his works Flierfly, Serenity, Buffy ect.

Aaron January 2nd, 2013 12:18 PM

I've no clue, so I passed the word to others more knowledgeable to answer your question.

Colen January 2nd, 2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAbel (Post 94332)
is there anyway to use these data files or get them now, I have a copy but the person who is about to run Serenity did not purchase them and would like a set for characters ect?

I'm afraid not. :( This is still on our radar, and we'll let you guys know as soon as anything changes on this front.

ozchandler July 10th, 2013 11:49 AM

been a little over 2 years since my last plea to re-instate the cortex system for herolab. any news? I bought the cortex add-on for 1 license before it was revoked, but I own several licenses and I want cortex for them as well. what's the hold-up?

flamepulse July 17th, 2013 11:07 AM

so, since the game isnt even supported by the publisher anymore, what would be the possibiilities of jsut making cortex a free download? I purchased it but some of my newer players did not.

WellFred July 28th, 2013 01:34 PM

Maybe next year when Cortex Plus is published something will come along.
By the way, Greetings Flamepulse. I used to see your name on the old cortexrpg site.

flamepulse August 10th, 2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WellFred (Post 161591)
Maybe next year when Cortex Plus is published something will come along.
By the way, Greetings Flamepulse. I used to see your name on the old cortexrpg site.

Ya was disappointed when that site went down, was thinking about recreating it myself. was a good source of fun and information.

Krimson September 16th, 2013 04:21 PM

The Cortex Plus Hacker's Guide is awesome, and the new Firefly game is pretty nice as well. I'm not sure how it would translate to Hero Lab though when you have three flavors: Drama, Action and Heroic (4 if you include Firefly) and a bunch of plugin stuff.

flamepulse September 27th, 2013 12:00 PM

loved cortex but not a fan of the cortex plus stuff, they simplified it way to much

Asandir October 22nd, 2013 05:50 PM

Don't play Cortex but saw this:

http://www.margaretweis.com/index.ph...out=edit&id=51