Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bug Reports - Community Created 3.5 D&D data set (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12785)

bodrin September 7th, 2012 02:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
BUG : Complete Adventurer - Scout class has a numerical error.

To replicate

Race : Half Elf

Add 3 levels of Scout, 13 Dexterity (+1)

Base Reflex save should be +3

Final Reflex should be +4 (+3 base, +1 Dex)

Actual figure shown on printed character sheet (Attached) is +5

Workaround : Altered the base save in the editor to poor which rectified the error. However at first level the Reflex save is still incorrect!

Bug : Skirmish @ level 1 once the scout class reaches level 3

Text title description should only read Skirmish (+1d6, +0AC) (Ex)

Actual description reads Skirmish (+1d6, +1AC) (Ex)

Edit : The text dynamically updates so it reads +1AC @ 1st level and @ 3rd level. It's confusing as it looks like a +2AC bonus as well as +2d6 damage bonus!

bodrin September 9th, 2012 10:54 AM

Duplicate Entry : Quick Reconnoiter is listed twice in the feat table.

Book : Complete Adventurer

Unique ID : fQuicRecon or fQuiRecon

Solution : Suggest using replaces ID mechanism in editor.

Truwen September 11th, 2012 05:26 AM

The impact modifier on a blunt weapon does not effectively double the crit range as it is supposed to. I was able to fix it by copy and pasting some of the keen attributes, but I figure this should be looked at since it is not working as it is supposed to without user intervention.

Sendric September 11th, 2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodrin (Post 92107)
BUG : Complete Adventurer - Scout class has a numerical error.

To replicate

Race : Half Elf

Add 3 levels of Scout, 13 Dexterity (+1)

Base Reflex save should be +3

Final Reflex should be +4 (+3 base, +1 Dex)

Actual figure shown on printed character sheet (Attached) is +5

Workaround : Altered the base save in the editor to poor which rectified the error. However at first level the Reflex save is still incorrect!

This actually appears to be an issue with the race. I remember fixing a problem similar to this before (human I think it was). Looks like there may be more issues here. It'll take a little time for me to go through it all, but I'll take a look when I get a chance. In the meantime, I suggest using an adjustment to reduce the reflex saving throw by 2. Note that you can see this same issue with other classes, so changing Scout won't fix it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodrin
Bug : Skirmish @ level 1 once the scout class reaches level 3

Text title description should only read Skirmish (+1d6, +0AC) (Ex)

Actual description reads Skirmish (+1d6, +1AC) (Ex)

Edit : The text dynamically updates so it reads +1AC @ 1st level and @ 3rd level. It's confusing as it looks like a +2AC bonus as well as +2d6 damage bonus!

I am not seeing this issue. I see Skirmish +1d6 at first level, then at 3rd level, two separate entries showing Skirmish +1d6 and Skirmish(AC) +1. I made my own Scout and opened your portfolio, and saw the same thing in both. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place. If so, please clarify. Otherwise, I'm not really sure what to do here.

Sendric September 11th, 2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodrin (Post 92358)
Duplicate Entry : Quick Reconnoiter is listed twice in the feat table.

Book : Complete Adventurer

Unique ID : fQuicRecon or fQuiRecon

Solution : Suggest using replaces ID mechanism in editor.

Looks like you already fixed this one, and added to dropbox. Thanks. :)

Sendric September 11th, 2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truwen (Post 92827)
The impact modifier on a blunt weapon does not effectively double the crit range as it is supposed to. I was able to fix it by copy and pasting some of the keen attributes, but I figure this should be looked at since it is not working as it is supposed to without user intervention.

I agree! Fixed for the next release. Thanks for the report.

bodrin September 11th, 2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 92837)
Snip... Iam not seeing this issue. I see Skirmish +1d6 at first level, then at 3rd level, two separate entries showing Skirmish +1d6 and Skirmish(AC) +1. I made my own Scout and opened your portfolio, and saw the same thing in both. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place. If so, please clarify. Otherwise, I'm not really sure what to do here.

No you're correct. At 1st level it shows in the text "Skirmish +1d6, +1(AC)" and also at 3rd level "Skirmish +1d6, +1(AC)" however because looking at the scout tab and both entries are displayed it can be misread as applying a seperate stacking bonus at each level. Not just a single bonus.

Hope this clarifies the confusion!

Sendric September 11th, 2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodrin (Post 92864)
No you're correct. At 1st level it shows in the text "Skirmish +1d6, +1(AC)" and also at 3rd level "Skirmish +1d6, +1(AC)" however because looking at the scout tab and both entries are displayed it can be misread as applying a seperate stacking bonus at each level. Not just a single bonus.

Hope this clarifies the confusion!

Yes. I was looking under the Specials tab, not the Scout tab. Thanks!

So, to fix this I think you just need to remove the last line of the second eval script for "cSctSkirm1". I've commented it out, and it seems to be ok. If you want to try it out yourself, let me know how it looks. If its good, I'll make the change official and add it to the next release.

bodrin September 11th, 2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 92865)
Yes. I was looking under the Specials tab, not the Scout tab. Thanks!

So, to fix this I think you just need to remove the last line of the second eval script for "cSctSkirm1". I've commented it out, and it seems to be ok. If you want to try it out yourself, let me know how it looks. If its good, I'll make the change official and add it to the next release.

I'll take a look and report back if it's good. I presume it's in Dropbox good to go.

Sendric September 12th, 2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodrin (Post 92901)
I'll take a look and report back if it's good. I presume it's in Dropbox good to go.

It was, but only in my area. Sorry about that. Added to the 1.9 folder. Check it out at your leisure.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright 1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.