Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Basic HLO to Foundry VTT Converter (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=65144)

slate November 26th, 2020 07:34 PM

Basic HLO to Foundry VTT Converter

I wrote a basic HLO->Foundry VTT converter. You can check it out at https://www.pf2player.com/

If you find any bugs or issues, or have suggestions, please report them to the github page linked on there. I won't be checking this often for bug reports or feature requests.

H2Os November 27th, 2020 03:35 AM

Awesome I will be checking this out later today

marroon69 November 27th, 2020 01:05 PM

Now that the API us available are you going hook up to that? Seems msot of the work is done already

drober76 November 27th, 2020 01:34 PM

Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by slate (Post 292084)
I wrote a basic HLO->Foundry VTT converter. You can check it out at https://www.pf2player.com/

If you find any bugs or issues, or have suggestions, please report them to the github page linked on there. I won't be checking this often for bug reports or feature requests.

Thanks for this! I posted my experience (what worked and what didn't) in one of your reddit posts, but then saw the GitHub page and it looks like you're aware of most of them.

slate December 3rd, 2020 06:24 AM

Converter has been updated multiple times a day over the past week. If you tried it early on, you definitely need to come back and try it again. It now covers much more of the available options.

I am also looking for people to send me their highly complex, but rules legal characters. These characters allow me to get a better testing baseline, ensure more options work/convert smoothly and add more features as I discover things that are missing.

If you're interested, please reach out to me via the contact form on pf2player.com or if you're experienced enough with github, file an issue with the json contents. https://github.com/zarmstrong/hlo-to...-public/issues

H2Os December 6th, 2020 09:20 PM

So I just tried importing a character and when I import nothing happens.

slate December 6th, 2020 10:18 PM

need more info -- I need the ID of the file, or at least the character name to look through the conversions to see what I can find

H2Os December 7th, 2020 05:34 AM

Is the id of the file the name of the download? if so it's GKmQgODTdvhmUKIb.

slate December 7th, 2020 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2Os (Post 292225)
Is the id of the file the name of the download? if so it's GKmQgODTdvhmUKIb.

Yep that's it. I took a look and fixed the bug that was causing it to fail. Please try again.

H2Os December 7th, 2020 12:58 PM

It worked thank you.

H2Os February 17th, 2021 01:33 PM

Is there a way to get this to work for npcs created within herolab?

slate February 17th, 2021 02:13 PM

Maybe in the future when the NPC sheet is rebuilt to work more like a PC, but as of right now, no. Feats and items assigned to NPCs don't work the same way that they do when assigned to a PC. For example, assigning weapons to an NPC does not create the strikes associated with that weapon on the NPC sheet and armor does not change the AC of the NPC. They're simply too different at this point, it'd be like creating a whole new project.

I believe there's currently an initiative to make the NPC sheet function a lot more similarly to the PC sheet. Once that is released, I will be revisiting the NPC import capability.

H2Os February 18th, 2021 03:24 AM

Thank you.

GMScott February 19th, 2021 05:34 AM

I just discovered Foundry a few months ago, and it instantly became my favorite VTT since MapTool! (I've used d20PRo, Roll20, FantasyGrounds, and a few others, but I didn't "love" them)

Next, I discovered your converter, Slate, and I wanted to thank you for such a great module! The amount of time it has already saved me is incredible, and it will only help me more in the future, because I just started a campaign with 6 players for Age of Ashes.

That's a lot of transferals I don't have to do by hand!

mototom February 19th, 2021 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMScott (Post 293670)
I just discovered Foundry a few months ago, and it instantly became my favorite VTT since MapTool! (I've used d20PRo, Roll20, FantasyGrounds, and a few others, but I didn't "love" them)

I've poked around at Foundry but haven't been willing to invest any time in it. Is it as much of a mess as it seems to be?

It looks like all the content, including game systems, are created by random people. I can't find a search feature to try and find a specific APs. And the content all seems to be sorted by last update, so you have to scroll through all the content to find anything.

Once you're using it, does if feel any better organized? I'd like to try it but everything about their website has put me off.

H2Os February 19th, 2021 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mototom (Post 293706)
I've poked around at Foundry but haven't been willing to invest any time in it. Is it as much of a mess as it seems to be?

It looks like all the content, including game systems, are created by random people. I can't find a search feature to try and find a specific APs. And the content all seems to be sorted by last update, so you have to scroll through all the content to find anything.

Once you're using it, does if feel any better organized? I'd like to try it but everything about their website has put me off.

If you've ever tried roll20 it's similar. Finding modules can be a bit disorganized but once you get what you want. It'll update your modules with a single click. As for the Rulesets, yeah it's mostly fan done. I do believe Warhammer 4th is officially released.

PF2 is fan done and it's support is phenomenal. Is it perfect? no, but it's the best out there short of Fantasy Grounds.

If you ever want to see Foundry, reach out and I can screen share on discord and walk you through some things.

mototom February 20th, 2021 04:33 PM

Thanks, I may take you up on that. I use Roll20 now. I use a lot of dynamic lighting. Roll20 with fog of war bogs down a few of my players' computers. And we have the occasional game where video and audio just won't behave. So I'm looking at trying other things. Fantasy Grounds and Astral both were somewhat perplexing for me.

H2Os February 21st, 2021 03:00 AM

Send me a pm whenever and we can figure something out. I'm working on setting up Abomination vaults so you can see some set up.

Toblakai February 21st, 2021 11:43 AM

I also wonder about the organization, i tried to look to see if they had a few PF1 adventure paths, but it looks like they have none for sale?

mototom March 19th, 2021 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2Os (Post 293711)
If you ever want to see Foundry, reach out and I can screen share on discord and walk you through some things.

I ended up just jumping in. I really like it! I am using Forge to host it and should be moving my first campaign to it on Tuesday!

slate March 19th, 2021 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mototom (Post 294289)
I ended up just jumping in. I really like it! I using Forge to host it and should be moving my first campaign to it on Tuesday!

Awesome! It's such a game changer in the VTT field.

slate March 19th, 2021 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toblakai (Post 293736)
I also wonder about the organization, i tried to look to see if they had a few PF1 adventure paths, but it looks like they have none for sale?

They don't have any license agreement with Paizo. I can't speak to first edition, but in 2e, the system is pretty powerful. Even without pre-built campaigns, nearly all bestiary data, player data is in the system, so the majority of work required is importing maps, creating walls/lighting, and dropping the pre-built enemies on the map

mototom March 19th, 2021 12:16 PM

And there's a PDF importer for 2e that parses the AP PDF and creates journals from all the adventure text, pulls out all the images, and creates and aligns the maps complete with walls in place. So all you really need to do is place the enemies. I was shocked at how fast I've been able to get up and running.

slate March 19th, 2021 07:17 PM

Yea, that's one of many great modules! The community behind Foundry is amazing and talented.

talsharien March 21st, 2021 03:15 AM

I may well take a look at this as well, just cast my eyes across the demo and it looks quite interesting.

Toblakai March 21st, 2021 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slate (Post 294292)
They don't have any license agreement with Paizo. I can't speak to first edition, but in 2e, the system is pretty powerful. Even without pre-built campaigns, nearly all bestiary data, player data is in the system, so the majority of work required is importing maps, creating walls/lighting, and dropping the pre-built enemies on the map

Don't really have the time for this, so will stick with FGU.

Thaliff March 27th, 2021 02:02 PM

Is there a plan/timeline for this to work with Starfinder?

Sir_Taurinus December 31st, 2021 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slate (Post 292084)

Hi! Thanks for the work. I still use pathfinder 1.0 Is there something similar for that version? Thanks in advance

slate January 7th, 2022 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir_Taurinus (Post 297840)
Hi! Thanks for the work. I still use pathfinder 1.0 Is there something similar for that version? Thanks in advance

I heard someone was working on one, but I don't know.

Sir_Taurinus January 9th, 2022 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slate (Post 297911)

Ok, thanks. I havenŽt found anything yet, but IŽll keep on looking

Farling January 10th, 2022 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slate (Post 297911)

The only support for PF1 is from HLC not HLO.

Thrawn82 January 21st, 2022 03:38 AM

I just had to switch one of my in person games back to online due to omicron, and went with foundry instead of roll20 this time. Your tool was a life saver! Very much appreciated.