Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   any updates? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=63131)

kbs666 September 11th, 2019 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murrdox (Post 282098)
Yup. I managed to add in a couple of weapons and generic equipment to Hero Lab. I made that work OK. I tried to add a custom race, and that failed miserably.

That said, when I was running Shadowrun, having that integration between Hero Lab and Realm Works for all my encounters was AWESOME....

I do use the encounter builder and the combat manager. It is one of those things I couldn't live without. The ability to build the encounter and put it into a snippet in RW and then merge it into the PC party portfolio to run the combat is invaluable and if I was LWD I'd advertise the shit out of it.

Greebo September 11th, 2019 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itzi (Post 282071)
Derailing and diverging ...

I get that it's not your house, so your options are limited. With that said, I think I'm just too tied to technology. If there was somewhere in my house that had a crappy WiFi signal, I'd either be spending my time in another room or there would be an AP installed, pronto. :)

To me, in my home, no WiFi is like no light - it's a limitation that doesn't need to be there and needs to be corrected.

But, I'll acknowledge that not everyone has every option.

Setting up an AP in my home is one thing, I can and (will) do this.

But sometimes my provider has a hickup. Or I GM while travelling by train or while encamped. So, secure and reliable network connection is not always a given.

But I digress, too.

Farling September 11th, 2019 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambush (Post 282100)
Welp. That's disappointing. Again.

By the way, if you're going to stop supporting HLC could you at least give those of us that have been supporting it, and by proxy, you, the decency of telling us that? And to be clear, not adding new products to HLC counts as not supporting it.

They have said this several times in the HLO forums.

All new game systems will only be avaiable in HLO.

They will continue to support existing game systems in HLC, but not add new game systems.

Note that "new game systems" includes "new editions of existing game systems".

Valyar September 12th, 2019 05:52 AM

So HLC is dead?

Toblakai September 12th, 2019 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valyar (Post 282105)
So HLC is dead?

Only if the game systems HLC supports are dead.

Will be using it for a while for PF1 still.

Maidhc O Casain September 12th, 2019 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toblakai (Post 282107)
Will be using it for a while for PF1 still.

Like, for the rest of my gaming life... PLENTY of PF1 content for me to be playing it until I expire of old age, at the rate I game.

JustinThomason September 12th, 2019 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain (Post 282109)
Like, for the rest of my gaming life... PLENTY of PF1 content for me to be playing it until I expire of old age, at the rate I game.

So much this!

Toblakai September 12th, 2019 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain (Post 282109)

One caveat, if it ever gets to HLO and the GM tools are in HLO I will switch.

Farling September 12th, 2019 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toblakai (Post 282111)
One caveat, if it ever gets to HLO and the GM tools are in HLO I will switch.

I wonder which will happen first... PF1 in HLO, or GM tools in HLO, or calendars in RW (I hear they're already in that other web-based competitor).

Murrdox September 12th, 2019 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbs666 (Post 282101)
I do use the encounter builder and the combat manager. It is one of those things I couldn't live without. The ability to build the encounter and put it into a snippet in RW and then merge it into the PC party portfolio to run the combat is invaluable and if I was LWD I'd advertise the shit out of it.

This is exactly how I run Shadowrun, it's amazing, it works great and it saves me tons of time as a GM. This is the sort of thing I want Realm Works to do more of.