Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed. (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   [Bug Reports] Vampire Counts (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=13806)

McTaff February 18th, 2012 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McTaff (Post 74298)
Just a few proofreading-style corrections for you...

1st: Vamp Lord, in his little box below the Composition Summary is listed as a Magic Level 1 when no options are picked. When you select the Level 1 Wizard option (for zero points) he becomes Magic Level 2 in that readout above. When you select level 2, he stays level 2. However, within the TEXT of that box, it does accurately reflect the level as it should appear, and also on his actual profile.

2nd: A few spelling errors within the Vampiric Powers descriptions - "Opponent" is written as "opponant" in a couple of items. Also appears in Mortis Engine description for Blasphemous Tome.

3rd: Coven Throne says "reroll to Hit and Two Wound..." instead of To Wound.

4th: Krell has a little "x" next to his name. Should that be flagging there?

5th: Heinrich Kemmler's Cloak of Mists and Shadows would possibly be better described as "Grants either the Fly or Ethereal special rule each turn."

6th: Coven Throne description has the word "occypy" instead of "occupy". Battle Of Wills description has the word "itsels" instead of "itself".

7th: The Newly Dead description has italics markup tags around "Invocation Of Nehek".

8th: The Dark Acolyte Vampiric Power has the word "ads" instead of "adds".

9th: When the Ironcurse Icon and The Cursed Book are selected, the error message "xxx: Too Many Enchanted Items" is flagged.

Lastly: Chaos Tomb Blade probably should state that it creates Skeletons OR Grave Guard in the description text; the mouse-over description does say this, but it would be better to clarify if possible in the basic text.

With regard to the 9th point: It appears the problem may be that The Cursed Book is listed as an Arcane Item but may be flagged incorrectly as an Enchanted Item. (The problem occurs with any Enchanted item in the list, not just the Ironcurse Icon!)

Cheers!

Guchi February 20th, 2012 10:38 AM

Silent25 can you delete the warhammer game system completely and redownload it, you seem you be the only person with this error, so it makes sense to just try that first. if you have already tried that, completely removing army builder and re-installing at from scratch may help, bit severe but worth a try.

yajnaji These bug were fixed on a late day one fix. Could be you got the earlier one. re-update the files and see if that helps.

Everything else I can validate, the only awkward list breaker is the Forbidden lore which makes it impossible to make list with those lores selected.

If Ultraprimes happy with it, i'll pop out a mini-update on the forums again possibly tommorow.

I'm basically using bugs on this file to learn ABcreator so later I can do my own stuff.
Could be Ultraprimes already fixed this stuff, in which case I'll leave it be.

UltraPrime February 20th, 2012 01:52 PM

I haven't got round the addressing these yet. I'm attempting to learn how to do things more efficiently, so I've been trying to create a file from scratch (not warhammer, LotR if you are interested) in order the better familiarise myself with ABC.

Vreith February 22nd, 2012 04:36 PM

Hey Prime, thanks for all your effort!

Just a few things ive noticed, some have already been stated, the ones that aren't:

Heinrich Kemmler is LD9 not 8, this also produces a error when choosing Krell for your army, as it tells you it wants Krell as your general for Highest LD, but the army book trumps that because it needs to be a wizard, which Heinrich Kemmler is.

Also can you add to the list is "invalid" parameters (or what ever there called) that if you select general, but if it is not a wizard, not the highest leadership, and has not selected lore of the vampires it becomes a invalid choice?

Blood knights can not take any other magic banner bar the blood keep, remove the option for him to take another in there options?

Skeletal steeds need to not lose movement to barding, the new rule is, unless non ethereal movement things join them (such as nightmares) they get ethereal for movement purpose AND they have no barding penalties, I.e movement not reduced in the builder.

Is it possible to get al lthe special characters to have thier blood line powers added to there choices when building a army? currently only Konrad shows out of them (red fury)

the -1 LD aura of dark majesty is not stackable with the same of it's type, may want to add that, but i guess the list writer should know anyway

Forbidden lore doesn't turn up all the other lore's (except life) atm, but this one has already been stated.

can't think of any more atm, but ile post if i do!

UltraPrime February 22nd, 2012 09:35 PM

I shall get round to this shortly, but I should point out that the Ld issue is a printing error. Check the main rules, army list, and summary - 2 times out of 3 I am correct :)

karrel February 25th, 2012 06:53 PM

necros point charge

the necros as hero in the vampire counts are getting a 15 point discount for taking the lore of vampires (-15 points from total of army).

McTaff February 26th, 2012 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karrel (Post 77148)
the necros as hero in the vampire counts are getting a 15 point discount for taking the lore of vampires (-15 points from total of army).

Wheee! Should leave this one in ;)

quietus February 26th, 2012 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vreith (Post 76854)
Blood knights can not take any other magic banner bar the blood keep, remove the option for him to take another in there options?

Yes they can take a other magic banner.

kopidi February 26th, 2012 06:17 AM

Zombie Dragon Has his stats wrong according to the book

M WS BS S T W I A LD
Book--> 6 4 0 6 6 6 2 5 4
AB --> 6 6 0 6 5 5 2 5 4

GREEPA February 27th, 2012 12:46 PM

Error message vampire counts

Hi

I downloaded the 2.40 update a little while ago and have not used the programme until today I now get the message

File: vampirecounts.dat (line 805) - Unrecognized attribute 'equipment' in element 'link'

and I cannot open any files in the fantasy 8th edition system

Some help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Vreith February 29th, 2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quietus (Post 77156)
Yes they can take a other magic banner.

In which case, although i do not completly agree they can, War banner for them is undercosted at 25 pts, they use common out of the BRB now and that's 35pts

GREEPA March 1st, 2012 11:02 AM

Vampire Counts upgrade problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by GREEPA (Post 77326)
Hi

I downloaded the 2.40 update a little while ago and have not used the programme until today I now get the message

File: vampirecounts.dat (line 805) - Unrecognized attribute 'equipment' in element 'link'

and I cannot open any files in the fantasy 8th edition system

Some help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Further to my above post does anybody know if their is a solution to the problem as its frustrating not being able to load the programme

Thanks

Vreith March 1st, 2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GREEPA (Post 77633)
Further to my above post does anybody know if their is a solution to the problem as its frustrating not being able to load the programme

Thanks

Have you tried a clean re-install?

McTaff March 2nd, 2012 06:01 AM

Ironfists don't seem to be stopping characters from using two handed magic weapons, nor double weapons.

It is late and I'm tired and can't be bothered looking up the rules, but it doesn't look right?

Mr_Rose March 2nd, 2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McTaff (Post 77671)
Ironfists don't seem to be stopping characters from using two handed magic weapons, nor double weapons.

It is late and I'm tired and can't be bothered looking up the rules, but it doesn't look right?

Definitely not right, what with ironfists being an Ogre item...

McTaff March 2nd, 2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Rose (Post 77694)
Definitely not right, what with ironfists being an Ogre item...

Well. I really was tired! :o

I'll go post that somewhere more useful.

GREEPA March 6th, 2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vreith (Post 77643)
Have you tried a clean re-install?

Hi Vreith

Thanks for replying

Yes reinstalled Warhammer Fantasy and the problem was still there. I reinstalled update 3.39 and the problem was gone so am using that version at present.

Thanks

Nightstalker March 6th, 2012 10:39 PM

If you use the necromacer as hero/general, adding speels from the lore of vampires results in a 15 reduction of figure point cost for all spells i.e cost of hero 120 - 15 = 105

UltraPrime March 7th, 2012 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GREEPA (Post 77962)
Hi Vreith

Thanks for replying

Yes reinstalled Warhammer Fantasy and the problem was still there. I reinstalled update 3.39 and the problem was gone so am using that version at present.

Thanks

I have no idea what may be causing this. I've tried to replicate your error but it works fine, even installing on another machine.

GREEPA March 7th, 2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraPrime (Post 78016)
I have no idea what may be causing this. I've tried to replicate your error but it works fine, even installing on another machine.

Hi Thanks for checking I am still using AB version 3.2d could that be the reason

Thanks

Yobtar March 7th, 2012 05:19 PM

Yes .

Nightstalker March 9th, 2012 06:52 PM

Skeleton point total short by 5 after adding Champ, musiciand and standard bearer (i,e. 30 instead of 35)

UltraPrime March 9th, 2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightstalker (Post 78224)
Skeleton point total short by 5 after adding Champ, musiciand and standard bearer (i,e. 30 instead of 35)

Fixed.

aerethan April 7th, 2012 09:11 PM

A vampire riding a coven throne is not currently given the 4+ ward save on the profile. According to the book he should have it as it doesn't say crew only.

UltraPrime April 8th, 2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerethan (Post 79978)
A vampire riding a coven throne is not currently given the 4+ ward save on the profile. According to the book he should have it as it doesn't say crew only.

Fixed for next release.

UltraPrime April 9th, 2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McTaff (Post 74298)
Just a few proofreading-style corrections for you...

1st: Vamp Lord, in his little box below the Composition Summary is listed as a Magic Level 1 when no options are picked. When you select the Level 1 Wizard option (for zero points) he becomes Magic Level 2 in that readout above. When you select level 2, he stays level 2. However, within the TEXT of that box, it does accurately reflect the level as it should appear, and also on his actual profile.

2nd: A few spelling errors within the Vampiric Powers descriptions - "Opponent" is written as "opponant" in a couple of items. Also appears in Mortis Engine description for Blasphemous Tome.

3rd: Coven Throne says "reroll to Hit and Two Wound..." instead of To Wound.

4th: Krell has a little "x" next to his name. Should that be flagging there?

5th: Heinrich Kemmler's Cloak of Mists and Shadows would possibly be better described as "Grants either the Fly or Ethereal special rule each turn."

6th: Coven Throne description has the word "occypy" instead of "occupy". Battle Of Wills description has the word "itsels" instead of "itself".

7th: The Newly Dead description has italics markup tags around "Invocation Of Nehek".

8th: The Dark Acolyte Vampiric Power has the word "ads" instead of "adds".

9th: When the Ironcurse Icon and The Cursed Book are selected, the error message "xxx: Too Many Enchanted Items" is flagged.

Lastly: Chaos Tomb Blade probably should state that it creates Skeletons OR Grave Guard in the description text; the mouse-over description does say this, but it would be better to clarify if possible in the basic text.

Fixed for next release.

BlackDog_9 April 10th, 2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerethan (Post 79978)

Actually unless specified in the Army Book, the BRB says "we assume that special rules that apply to a ridden monster [chariot mounts for characters use ridden monster rules] do not normally apply to the character riding it and vice versa." (Page 105)

It's the same deal with the new Empire War Altar. In the last book it specifically stated that the rider used the ward save of the altar, but that was removed in the new book.

Unless stated, the rider does not get the mount's special rules and vice versa.

db2000 April 11th, 2012 10:25 PM

Heinrich Kemmler Leadership

Folks, just to let you know picked up that Heinrich Kemmler is showing as Leadership 8 but should be leadership 9.

Best Wishes,

UltraPrime April 11th, 2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by db2000 (Post 80205)
Folks, just to let you know picked up that Heinrich Kemmler is showing as Leadership 8 but should be leadership 9.

Best Wishes,

this needs to be clarified by a GW FAQ. As it stands, two out of three profiles show him as Ld8, so until I see otherwise, thats what it is.

chrisjohn85 April 17th, 2012 07:25 PM

Two things I've noticed.

1. Zombie Dragon has incorrect Stats, should have WS of 4

2. The unit champion of Grave Guard is listed as Leadership 8, should be 6

And by the way, thank you so much for this software, it has made my gaming and planning much easier!

UltraPrime April 19th, 2012 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisjohn85 (Post 80590)
Two things I've noticed.

1. Zombie Dragon has incorrect Stats, should have WS of 4

2. The unit champion of Grave Guard is listed as Leadership 8, should be 6

And by the way, thank you so much for this software, it has made my gaming and planning much easier!

Fixed for next release.

Goldenwolf April 24th, 2012 07:31 AM

Terrorgheist is given the Bestail Fury rule, yet they do not have it. Thanks :)

UltraPrime April 25th, 2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldenwolf (Post 80955)
Terrorgheist is given the Bestail Fury rule, yet they do not have it. Thanks :)

Fixed for next release.

Kintaro May 10th, 2012 02:04 AM

When choosing a Necromancer, and you give him all of the vamp spells, you get a 15 Pt reduction in cost.

Thanks! Keep up the good work!

UltraPrime May 10th, 2012 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kintaro (Post 82419)
When choosing a Necromancer, and you give him all of the vamp spells, you get a 15 Pt reduction in cost.

Thanks! Keep up the good work!

Fixed for next release.

C4ST1G0 May 15th, 2012 05:26 AM

Nightmare twins for fat bottomed Vampires? :-)

Hi everybody!

when i add a barded Nightmare to:
vampire lord, vampire, master necromancer and both Mannfreds, the column '#' shows two models, so a vampire on a barded nightmare counts as a 3 models unit.
Other little bug is when you choose Cairn Wraith as hero, AB says it's a lvl 1 mage.
Thank you for your job, AB is great!

C4ST1G0 May 29th, 2012 08:36 AM

Kastellan

kastellan's profile has In 4 instead of 5.
Thanks

Arceye June 9th, 2012 02:39 PM

More updates

I was wondering if there is going to be more updates to the Vampire Counts data file. The reason i ask is some of the points have changed on different units and abilitys. I know that the army book has been out for a while now.

UltraPrime July 30th, 2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C4ST1G0 (Post 82789)
Hi everybody!

when i add a barded Nightmare to:
vampire lord, vampire, master necromancer and both Mannfreds, the column '#' shows two models, so a vampire on a barded nightmare counts as a 3 models unit.
Other little bug is when you choose Cairn Wraith as hero, AB says it's a lvl 1 mage.
Thank you for your job, AB is great!

Fixed for next release.

Quote:

Originally Posted by C4ST1G0 (Post 83884)
kastellan's profile has In 4 instead of 5.
Thanks

Who?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arceye (Post 84504)
I was wondering if there is going to be more updates to the Vampire Counts data file. The reason i ask is some of the points have changed on different units and abilitys. I know that the army book has been out for a while now.

Which update are you referring to?

pdebrock August 19th, 2012 07:44 AM

Heinrich Kemmler stats

The book shows Heinrich leadership as 9 but in army builder it is showing as 8. That means I can't add Heinrich as a general with Krell because of lower leadership. Is this a bug