Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   [Beta 64-bit build] Bug reports (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=61662)

McGray November 29th, 2018 11:01 AM

Update to my previous post

I tried changing the two groups of topics and removed the entries from the Prefix fields, first the Events and then the Timeline entries, after each updating to 64bit and it did not solve the issue. So the out of array error originates somewhere else.

Happydevil43 November 29th, 2018 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokeh (Post 273358)
I was hoping the 64 bit beta would make Realm Works stable on my Surface Pro 4, but after updating and loading up my decent size realm, it crashed after loading just one page.

Anyone else have a similar issue after the 64 bit upgrade?

----
Edit: This is all, of course, anecdotal but my second session on the Surface Pro was more promising with some larger topics that had caused crashing previously, but I still ended up in a hard crash after attempting to use a large smart image as a navigation item.

Nope no issues like that on my surface pro... so far it’s behaving normally... better than normal... it’s opening the same snippets faster than my i7 desktop...I haven’t tried putting in a large image yet, all my images are resized to fit the old version... I’ve noticed that it’s way faster and so far(cross fingers) hasn’t crashed once, but then I haven’t got weird tags, I pretty much use standard categories and snippets etc

craghammer November 29th, 2018 10:30 PM

@McGray I have tons of prefixes, and suffixes. As @kbs666 mentions, I also have other realms that use pre- and suffixes extensively and that loads fine. But thanks for the tip, I'll review some of the topics to see if I have any "odd" -fixes.

Hopefully @rob and the crew are hard at work fixing bugs :)

McGray November 30th, 2018 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craghammer (Post 273384)
@McGray I have tons of prefixes, and suffixes. As @kbs666 mentions, I also have other realms that use pre- and suffixes extensively and that loads fine. But thanks for the tip, I'll review some of the topics to see if I have any "odd" -fixes.

Hopefully @rob and the crew are hard at work fixing bugs :)

As stated in my update post, I tried changing the prefixes, but that did not solve the issue. Will look into the realm later to see what else ould cause this. The realm is tiny with only like close to 200 topics iirc, so that should not be too difficult.

ruhar November 30th, 2018 04:53 AM

I've been lucky so far (knock on wood), I have only had one crash after updating and it was fine after that.

I did notice that when you do a Quick Create we now have the option to Save, Save and Edit in Current Tab, Save and Edit in New Tab. I don't recall having all three options so CUDOS for that. If it's been there the whole time I blame it on old age. LOL

kbs666 November 30th, 2018 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McGray (Post 273397)
As stated in my update post, I tried changing the prefixes, but that did not solve the issue. Will look into the realm later to see what else ould cause this. The realm is tiny with only like close to 200 topics iirc, so that should not be too difficult.

I vaguely recall array out of bounds errors related to bulk imports. Did you do a CSV import?

McGray November 30th, 2018 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbs666 (Post 273405)
I vaguely recall array out of bounds errors related to bulk imports. Did you do a CSV import?

No, I did not import anything at all. I upgraded to 246, started RW, which works fine, then tried to open my tiny little realm (TLR ;) ) and RW crashed with the error message about the array thingy.

Exmortis November 30th, 2018 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokeh (Post 273358)
I was hoping the 64 bit beta would make Realm Works stable on my Surface Pro 4, but after updating and loading up my decent size realm, it crashed after loading just one page.

Anyone else have a similar issue after the 64 bit upgrade?

----
Edit: This is all, of course, anecdotal but my second session on the Surface Pro was more promising with some larger topics that had caused crashing previously, but I still ended up in a hard crash after attempting to use a large smart image as a navigation item.

So far I haver it running on my i5 SP4, but it does have 8GB ram. I have loaded up my largest, 1800+ topic realm and so far it seems to be solid. Speed is maybe little zipper, but not immensely so. I have made adjustments to say maybe 50 topics since, I had one hang, but that's not out of the ordinary, RW has never been all that stable, for crashes are rather common, so it maybe possibly more stable rather than faster, and to me that's a win.

I have yet to try my 4GB SP3, but RW always ran well on it before. I also have not upgraded my lappy or desktop. Picked this as my tester..

Valyar December 1st, 2018 12:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The release notes state:
Quote:

• When the topic hierarchy is very deeply nested, a horizontal scrollbar now appears at the bottom of the navigation pane that allows shifting right/left to view the names of the nested topics.

How deeply nested the pages must be for the horizontal scrollbar to appear? I can't make it to appear despite having 4-5 level nesting in some

Parody December 1st, 2018 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valyar (Post 273466)
How deeply nested the pages must be for the horizontal scrollbar to appear? I can't make it to appear despite having 4-5 level nesting in some

FWIW: it shows up in my Paranoia realm at the narrowest width with 6 levels of nesting.