Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HLO - Shadowrun (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Shadowrun - Abandoned (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=66740)

ActiveNick March 31st, 2022 08:30 AM

Hey all, I'm a new user currently revisiting HLO for Shdaowrun. I tested it with Starfinder a few years back, but my group is starting a Shadowrun 6 campaign soon.

I wanted to test the character creation process with a starter character before spending money on the sub and unlocking the core rulebook options. That said, I'm disheartened to see how the product appears to be abandoned right now.

I've read on Reddit a statement to the effect of "[Lone Wolf] coded the whole thing wrong and never recovered from it, so it has not been updated with any expansions and likely never will be". Does anyone know what this means in reality?

More importantly, if my group currently only uses the core rulebook, does HLO create 100% compliant starter characters or there are still bugs/issues?

asvaldson April 4th, 2022 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ActiveNick (Post 298687)
Hey all, I'm a new user currently revisiting HLO for Shdaowrun. I tested it with Starfinder a few years back, but my group is starting a Shadowrun 6 campaign soon.

I wanted to test the character creation process with a starter character before spending money on the sub and unlocking the core rulebook options. That said, I'm disheartened to see how the product appears to be abandoned right now.

I've read on Reddit a statement to the effect of "[Lone Wolf] coded the whole thing wrong and never recovered from it, so it has not been updated with any expansions and likely never will be". Does anyone know what this means in reality?

More importantly, if my group currently only uses the core rulebook, does HLO create 100% compliant starter characters or there are still bugs/issues?

To my knowledge there has been no official word about whether or not there will be further SR6 material published. That said if all you want is the core book then you will be fine.

ActiveNick April 5th, 2022 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asvaldson (Post 298732)
To my knowledge there has been no official word about whether or not there will be further SR6 material published. That said if all you want is the core book then you will be fine.

We currently only use the Core Rulebook since we're just getting started, but I'm sure we'll expand into more books soon enough. I'm also very reluctant to pay full price for the Core Rulebook if the Shadowrun 6E support has been abandoned.

Darius Silverbolt April 5th, 2022 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ActiveNick (Post 298735)
We currently only use the Core Rulebook since we're just getting started, but I'm sure we'll expand into more books soon enough. I'm also very reluctant to pay full price for the Core Rulebook if the Shadowrun 6E support has been abandoned.

I would not assume more content is coming any time soon.

asvaldson April 12th, 2022 07:19 AM

I would at least hope someone would tell us if we can hope for more material or not. I think it's more the unsure aspect that irritates me over the whole thing. they have to know how frustrated me are. we aren't hiding it. But they NEVER respond!

Farling April 13th, 2022 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asvaldson (Post 298795)
I would at least hope someone would tell us if we can hope for more material or not. I think it's more the unsure aspect that irritates me over the whole thing. they have to know how frustrated me are. we aren't hiding it. But they NEVER respond!

Their lack of recent releases and the resounding silence should tell you how much support they are giving to Shadowrun.