Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 18th, 2010, 11:48 PM
I'm having another bit of trouble. The feat Strength Devotion is what I am working on right now, and I am trying to set up a conditional bootstrapped natural attack (click on the button on the in play tab and it appears)... I have already done almost the exact thing with a class ability (feral trance for the Fist of the Forest, which grants a bite attack)...

I have made almost the exact same thing for the feat as for the class ability. At first 100 I have this eval script on the feat (fStrDev):

if (field[hIsOn1].value <> 0) then
perform hero.assign[User.FeralTranc]
endif

It checks to see if the button on the in play panel is checked, if so, it assigns the custom User tag called FeralTranc.

Bootstrapped to the feat is a special (called xStrDevote) and bootstrapped to the special is the wSlam weapon. I have the following condition for the bootstrapped Slam attack, at First 500:

count:User.FeralTranc >=1

What should happen is when I click the box, the tag should be assigned, and as a result 400 "points" (is there a technical term here? Clicks maybe?) later it should be detected and the weapon should be attached.

It works!.... Sorta. When I click the box, the weapon is added or removed, but I also get an error message. This pops up every time I add or change something in HL, which is unacceptable, but I don't understand what it means. Can you help me out mgehl? The error message is:

Cannot reliably access bootstrap source for unique pick 'xStrDevote'
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'BaseNatWep' (Eval Script '#1') near line 37

I didn't write an Eval script for BaseNatWep, so I think this is something internal.
Lawful_g is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 19th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Try making xStrDevote non-unique, rather than unique.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old February 19th, 2010, 08:38 AM
That does fix it, but leads to another problem. I made the special unique because I needed it to count how many [HasFeat.fStrDev] tags and generate an equal number for the charges on the In Play tab. By switching the Uniqueness to "No" or "Add Once" adding the feat multiple times results in multiple listings on the Specials and In Play tab.

Do you have a better way to handle this?
Lawful_g is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 19th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Go ahead and email the file to me - I'll play around with it and see if I can figure something out. My email address is my username on this forum, @wolflair.com

The only solution I have at this point is to make the Strength of Devotion feat unique, bootstrap the weapon from there, and then add a second copy of Strength of Devotion, which is not unique and requires the original version. The original version adds the number of copies of the duplicate to its own single charge. That unfortunately puts two copies of the feat in the list of feats, and there's got to be a better way than that.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old February 19th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Sent, thanks.
Lawful_g is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old March 16th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Bump, could you come up with anything for this Mathias?
Lawful_g is offline   #6 Reply With Quote