Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Aduro

Old December 14th, 2009, 02:50 PM
I download and install Army Builder, get the 40k data file, and start it up. It works fine. Next time I go to use it, it'll refuse to load, saying;

The data files could not be loaded due to the following errors.

Cannot create core run-time file: c:\program files\armybuilderex\Data\AB40k5\core.abz

If I uninstall AB and reinstall and load everything, it will work, until the next time I want to use it, then I have to uninstall and start over again. Kind of gets annoying.
Aduro is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 14th, 2009, 06:35 PM
That error implies that Army Builder doesn't have sufficient privileges to run the way it needs to. This is due to extra security restrictions imposed by new versions of Windows that block Army Builder when it is installed beneath the "Program Files" folder. By default, Windows installs programs with the necessary privileges, which are inherited when the product is initially launched, so it all works the first time. On subsequent launches, those extra privileges aren't enabled, which results in the error.

You can solve this by making sure that AB is always launched with sufficient privileges. Locate the shortcut you normally use to launch AB. Instead of left-clicking on it to launch the product, right-click on it instead. From the menu that appears, select the "Run as Administrator" option. Does this fix the problem?

Assuming this fixes the problem, you can configure AB to always be launched with the necessary privileges. Right-click on the shortcut again and select the "Properties" option this time. On the "Compatibility" tab, check the box labeled "Run as Administrator" and save the changes. Now you should be able to launch AB the same way you used to and it should always start with Administrator privileges.

If AB is installed into the default location suggested by the installer (i.e. not beneath "Program Files"), this problem does not occur.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aduro

Old December 14th, 2009, 06:59 PM
That does it. Thanks.
Aduro is offline   #3 Reply With Quote