Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

SWChance

Old July 3rd, 2008, 06:01 PM
What do I nee to add to a race to make it pop in the mount/heirling tab?

Chris Bradshaw
SWChance is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
fugue27

Old March 1st, 2009, 09:24 AM
I am going to bump this as I was just trying to accomplish the same thing! Anyone have any advice?
fugue27 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AWizardInDallas

Send a message via AIM to AWizardInDallas Send a message via MSN to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Yahoo to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Skype™ to AWizardInDallas

Old March 2nd, 2009, 03:11 PM
There's an item in the Arms & Equipment guide called a beetle buckler. I tried to enter the beetle and had a very hard time doing it, so I'm giving a bump too.
AWizardInDallas is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 2nd, 2009, 04:04 PM
Reminder: the rest of us don't have the book open to what you're working on. Page references are good.

Easy way to handle a beetle bucker: when will you actually need the thing's stats on its own?

Create it as a buckler, and in its bootstraps, have it bootstrap the Deflect Arrows feat to the hero, adding a bootstrap condition that the buckler is equipped (look at the tags and fields of a normal buckler as you equip and un-equip it and you'll find something to test with).

it should be:
Code:
fieldval:gIsEquip <> 0
note that the statement I've given you will not work in an eval script or a pre-req, so don't try to copy it. That syntax is only for condition statements.

Hard way:
Take what you've got there, and add the following script (timing can be early, go wth UserFirst, 100):

if (hero.hasminion[rBeetBuck] = 0) then
perform assign[Helper.Helper]
endif

What that'll do is to assign the buckler the Helper.Helper tag unless there is a Beetle Buckler minion attached to the hero. While that tag is present, the buckler won't be visible in the list of shields you can buy. So, once you've added the minion, you can add the shield (I'm not sure if there's a way to have the minion directly bootstrap the shield - the only way I can think of is too clunky to use). Just make sure that the item's price is on either the minion or the shield, not both.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 2nd, 2009, 04:10 PM
In the srd_minions.dat file, near the bottom, are the mounts like ponies, donkeys, dogs, etc.

You'll have to create and save a new file in the editor, then open it with a text editor, and open srd_minions.dat in the text editor as well. Then, copy one of those entries to your new file, and edit it there. Once you start comparing the various animals there you may be able to get an idea of what all the entries are for, and please ask if you have any specific questions.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote