Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Fenris447

Old December 16th, 2019, 05:56 PM
I've uploaded the newest files for Eberron: Rising from the Last War. Since these are the same as the release version of Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron, those are the actual files that have been updated.

Credit goes to Mergon and Charlie & Niccole Luce for the hard work on WGTE while it was in pre-release. My job has just been to get their great stuff fixed up to match the released versions. And of course thanks to the rest of the community for their help and the excellent reference material.

What's New and Changed
  • All Eberron races updated to match official release
  • The Orc of Eberron added
  • All Dragonmarked subraces have been updated; a few had to be rebuilt from the ground up. All will properly add spells to your class's spell list.
  • The House Agent background has been condensed from backgrounds for each house to a single background; you can use a drop-down to choose your house and therefore your proficiencies
  • The Revenant Blade feat has been updated
  • The goblinoid races from VGM have been updated to be available for ERftLW

What about the Pre-Release Versions?
With the exception of the extra House Agent backgrounds (they've been removed altogether), the versions that were put out in the initial release of Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron and as Unearthed Arcana in 2018 have all been moved. They can be found in Unearthed Arcana - Eberron (2018). See instructions below if you want to continue using them; you'll need to take a few steps to keep doing so.

Install: Keep Using Pre-Release Stuff
When we finally push the next release, the current versions of all 2018 Eberron stuff you're using will be switched to the release. If you don't want that to happen, you need to take a few extra steps first.
  1. Download COM_5ePack_UA - Eberron 2018.user
  2. Download COM_Source_110 - Unearthed Arcana.1st
  3. COM_Source_110 - Sourcebooks.1st
  4. Open up the Hero(es) you want to switch over
  5. Go to the Configure Hero window (Ctrl+k)
  6. Select the Eberron (2018) Unearthed Arcana
  7. Find your race/subrace/background/feat you want to stay with and switch over to it
  8. Uncheck the Wayfinder's Guide in your Configure Hero window

Full Install
If you're good to move to the new stuff and don't want to wait for release, here's all the files you need to pull down from the Github. Place them in the 5e data folder of your Herolab. Look for all the other .user files if you cant find the folder. To "download" the raw files, I usually have to make a .txt file, copy and paste the full text of the .user file, and then save it as the appropriate .user file. Rinse and repeat for each file.
  • COM_5ePack_UA - Eberron 2018.user
  • COM_5ePack_VGtM - Races.user
  • COM_5ePack_WGtE - Backgrounds.user
  • COM_5ePack_WGtE - Feats.user
  • COM_5ePack_WGtE - Races.user
  • COM_Source_110 - Sourcebooks.1st
  • COM_Source_110 - Unearthed Arcana.1st

Also, I made an update to COM_5ePack_UA - Eberron.user to fix a few dragonmarks (feats) that showed up even if that UA isn't selected. Also also, I retitled that UA in the configure hero screen to be "Eberron (2015)," making it distinct from the 2018 stuff.

What's Next?
First off, the Artificer can't be properly implemented without programming changes on Lone Wolf's side. It sucks, but it's our reality. So that's going to happen...someday maybe? It's up to them. The other stuff left for Eberron is magic items, monsters/npc's, and the Aberrant Dragonmark feat.

If someone really wants to get started on the monsters, let me know and I can whip up placeholder versions of them without abilities pretty quickly. For the Aberrant Dragonmark, I've already updated it to not be selectable by the other dragonmarked subraces, and to recharge on a short rest. It otherwise needs updating that isn't a priority for me.

I'm going back to try and finish MToF and the monsters from BGDiA, then I'll come back to this. Check out the Github Issue and Project Board if you wanna know more.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!

Last edited by Fenris447; December 16th, 2019 at 05:59 PM.
Fenris447 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Enforcer84

Old December 18th, 2019, 01:22 PM
Thank you for all your hard work, everyone!
Enforcer84 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Maikana

Old December 26th, 2019, 05:24 PM
Any idea when this may get released in an updated community pack? I’m iPad only so I can’t install until it does.
Maikana is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Luirru

Old January 1st, 2020, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikana View Post
Any idea when this may get released in an updated community pack? I’m iPad only so I can’t install until it does.
While I am not on the iPad (PC here) I am not sure how to do it other than through the community pack. Could I get some help on it maybe? I put them in the 5E custom data and it did not change how anything when I opened a new Hero Lab.

In brightest day, in blackest night
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might
Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!

Last edited by Luirru; January 1st, 2020 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Updated
Luirru is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Darkrin

Old January 4th, 2020, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris447 View Post
Full Install
If you're good to move to the new stuff and don't want to wait for release, here's all the files you need to pull down from the Github. Place them in the 5e data folder of your Herolab. Look for all the other .user files if you cant find the folder. To "download" the raw files, I usually have to make a .txt file, copy and paste the full text of the .user file, and then save it as the appropriate .user file. Rinse and repeat for each file.
I followed that and put everything in a txt file but I cant find the .user files in my hero lab install any suggestions?
Darkrin is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old January 7th, 2020, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikana View Post
Once we're done with MTOF, we'll try and push a new release. I'm actively working on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luirru View Post
While I am not on the iPad (PC here) I am not sure how to do it other than through the community pack. Could I get some help on it maybe? I put them in the 5E custom data and it did not change how anything when I opened a new Hero Lab.
Did you go to "Configure Hero" and select the appropriate sources for that Hero? New stuff wont show up until you tell Hero Lab the hero should have access to that new stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrin View Post
I followed that and put everything in a txt file but I cant find the .user files in my hero lab install any suggestions?
The text files must then be saved as .user files, with the same file name as they display on the GitHub.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Darkrin

Old January 8th, 2020, 10:13 AM
I have changling as an option now so maybe I got it working? I am still not seeing Kalasthar is that in this data set?
Darkrin is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Luirru

Old January 16th, 2020, 05:00 PM
Yes, I have clicked everything. All of the Eberron stuff I see is from Unearthed Arcana. Could I get some help on Discord or something?

In brightest day, in blackest night
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might
Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!
Luirru is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old January 16th, 2020, 08:08 PM
I haven't updated to your newest versions and updates for fear of what it will do to our many characters based on what I did early on.

I'll have to back up my folders this weekend and take the big dive . . .

Glad to see someone has taken up my slackign off.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old January 16th, 2020, 08:12 PM
Also, on a side note, I have started on converting what I have done for my version of the UA Artificer over to the new, official version.

It will be a drop in file, not meant for official use (mostly my own). I haven't made text changes for copyright issues, so I can't post it.

I am about 1/3 done atm.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #10 Reply With Quote