Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 13th, 2017, 11:33 AM
A new update of the Shadowrun 5th edition files for Hero Lab is now available from the automatic updates mechanism within Hero Lab.

We've got a new package available for sale, starting with this update. The package is our 3rd supplements package for Shadowrun 5, collecting several of the smaller books Catalyst releases into a single package. This one, like our other supplement packages, is available for $9.99. Initially, it has Cutting Aces, Shadows in Focus: Metropole, and Shadows in Focus: San Francisco, but over future releases, we'll be adding more content to this package.

Here's the full change list for this release:
New Releases!

• Content from Cutting Aces is now available in the new Supplements Package #3! You can purchase this by choosing "Purchase Data Package" from the License menu.
  • Content from Shadows in Focus: Metrópole is now available in the new Supplements Package #3! You can purchase this by choosing "Purchase Data Package" from the License menu.
  • Content from Shadows in Focus: San Francisco Metroplex is now available in the new Supplements Package #3! You can purchase this by choosing "Purchase Data Package" from the License menu.
Enhancements & Changes

• The Faction rules from Cutting Aces are now supported. Factions can be added on the Social tab.
Bug Fixes

• The Bulk Modification option was not available for the Partial Cyberskull.
  • The GTS Tower drone was showing the rating 4 medkit from the Crashcart Medicart drone.
  • The Focus Formula option for Weapon Foci was missing.
  • Spell and Focus formulae are specific to a tradition. All existing formula items have had a selector added to allow the tradition to be selected for that formula. On a character who has already gone to advancement mode, this may create errors, because the tradition has not been filled in yet. If so, on the Advances tab, use the Unlock option to return to character creation, select traditions for your formulae, and then use the Lock option on the Advances tab to return to advancement mode.
  • On a wounded character, the defense add-ons, such as full defense and dodging, had the wound penalties applied. These add-ons are bonuses to the base defense, and since the wound penalties have already been applied to the base defenses, they should not be applied again to the add-ons, since they're part of the same pool.
  • Using the reputation adjustment to modify Street Cred or Honor would modify the dicepool that street cred/honor grants by double the amount of adjustment added.
  • Nanohives would always report that they were not supporting any nanites, even if an appropriate nanite was added as a mod for that item.
  • Height and Weight limits on the Personal tab are no longer enforced for metasapient races (pixies, centaurs, sasquatch, and nagas).
  • The restriction that matrix devices can only have one Device Modification (Data Trails pg. 66) was not being enforced.
  • The martial arts technique two-weapon style attack was requiring a reach 1 weapon and a reach 0 weapon, but both weapon choices should allow either reach 0 or 1.
  • The ComPac Esprit General PI-Tac was not adding a dicepool bonus to tracking.
  • The Remington 990 was missing its two standard slide mount accessories.
Data File Authoring

• Added a "Faction" tab to the General grouping, so that specific factions can be set up for characters to select from.
Mathias is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old March 14th, 2017, 09:35 AM
how about the bug fix for linguist, linguistics and JoaT I reported over 6 months ago?
Any progress there?
thanks
adzling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 15th, 2017, 08:17 AM
I'm sorry, but Linguist/Linguistics/JOaT are all very complex in how they interact with the advancement and value calculations, and getting them to interact properly with each other makes that even more complex. That means that figuring out what the problem is in the first place is something that will likely take a lot of time, but the exact time is unknown. For a while now, there's always been a project to work on, so I have to fit bug reports into whatever gaps I can find. So the bugs I've been choosing to fix in those gaps are mostly the ones where I know what's causing the issue, so I know roughly what's required in order to fix it, and how long that will take.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Canis

Send a message via MSN to Canis

Old March 15th, 2017, 10:38 AM
Where on page 66 of Data Trails does it limit you to one modification? I can't find this rule and there's not been any errata concerning it.
Canis is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 15th, 2017, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canis View Post
Where on page 66 of Data Trails does it limit you to one modification? I can't find this rule and there's not been any errata concerning it.
Right hand column, last sentence in the "Device Modifications" section, just before the list of modifications: "Unless otherwise noted, a device can only have one modification."
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old March 16th, 2017, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the note.

So now that you're done with Cutting Aces and there's no more purchaseable Srun content to push out you can get back to looking at this bug now, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I'm sorry, but Linguist/Linguistics/JOaT are all very complex in how they interact with the advancement and value calculations, and getting them to interact properly with each other makes that even more complex. That means that figuring out what the problem is in the first place is something that will likely take a lot of time, but the exact time is unknown. For a while now, there's always been a project to work on, so I have to fit bug reports into whatever gaps I can find. So the bugs I've been choosing to fix in those gaps are mostly the ones where I know what's causing the issue, so I know roughly what's required in order to fix it, and how long that will take.
adzling is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
tahuds

Old April 17th, 2017, 04:13 PM
I'm also interested to hear when RCC/ Jumping In will be supported. Riggers are one of the core shadowrun archetypes and we currently can't build them, even with Rigger 5 which came out a year ago.
tahuds is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old August 4th, 2017, 05:41 AM
So its approaching a year since i reported the linguistics and JoAT bugs.

Is this ever going to get fixed?

Is this being worked on at all now or has all work just stopped?

Is lone wolf in a nose dive with no further support expected?

thanks
adzling is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
mMerlin

Old August 5th, 2017, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adzling View Post
So its approaching a year since i reported the linguistics and JoAT bugs.

Is this ever going to get fixed?

Is this being worked on at all now or has all work just stopped?

Is lone wolf in a nose dive with no further support expected?

thanks
Ahh, gee. Let me.

Read previous answer from Mathias. It's tricky to fix. Just because you reported that bug first does NOT mean he works on it first. His available time goes to where HE sees the biggest benefit. Which means fixing things that he currently has a good idea on where the problem is, and how to fix it. Mixed with how much impact it has on usage. If that list gets small enough, priority will move things that need more work. Or if he figures how how to simplify the problem, it will move up the priority list that way.

Until then, bugging him about the bug that is bugging you is only going to bug everyone else too. And maybe push it DOWN the priority list, because every time he thinks about the problem, he remembers you too, and gets annoyed. Which from experience is not very conducive to effective debugging.

If you want to rant on ME for that, at least I am not the one dealing with the code.
mMerlin is offline   #9 Reply With Quote