Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

coyote6

Old December 30th, 2015, 02:36 PM
When I load a portfolio containing my version of Arueshalae, I get this error message:

"Attempt to access non-existent child pick 'spSuggest2' from script
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'raAP75ArPR' (Eval Script '#2') near line 13
- - -
Attempt to access non-existent child pick 'spSuggest2' from script
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'raAP75ArPR' (Eval Script '#2') near line 14
- - -
Attempt to access non-existent child pick 'spCharMon3' from script
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'raAP75ArPR' (Eval Script '#2') near line 16
- - -
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'raAP75ArPR' (Eval Script '#2') near line 17"

However, I only get this error on one particular PC; on my laptop, iPad, and other PC I have HL on, the portfolio loads just fine. I have all the same files loaded on the different systems.

I tried to reinstall HL; I renamed the data\pathfinder folder to pathfinder_old and re-imported the pathfinder.hl file (and the GM Mythic Pack, Unchained Pack, & FGG stuff). Still get the error.

Any ideas what could be causing it?

Thanks,
coyote6 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 30th, 2015, 03:09 PM
I am going to "assume" when you first start Pathfinder you have an error message that you click "ok" to. But that error has caused HL to fall into Safe Mode and not actually load any of the addons.

In the first error message "right" click and select "copy" and paste in this thread. The other "thought" for the cause is your other computer does not have all the official LW licenses activated. So make sure you try and reactivate your license on that HL/computer.

Those are my current ideas. Last would be you really didn't load the GM Mythic pack on that PC. To make sure go to "Tools->Manage Third Party Updates" and make sure you see the GM Mythic Pack.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
coyote6

Old December 30th, 2015, 07:27 PM
The only error is the one quoted above. I still have access to things from the mythic GM pack, too. (If it went into safe mode, there ought to be a lot more errors, as that portfolio has several characters using mythic stuff, WotR stuff, the Unchained Pack, your adjustments, and so forth. There'd be a plethora of non-existent things!)

I did reactivate the license when I reinstalled Hero Lab, and it said it was working. I did have to reassign it to this PC at the start of the month, when I upgraded to Win10. That may be when the problem started (I didn't look at this portfolio for a few weeks). But the info on the hero configuration window says the license includes all the stuff (ARG, Adventurer's Armory, Bestiaries 1-5, Campaign Settings 1, 2, 10-15, "and 41 more").

The GM Mythic Pack shows as present, version 3.14.

Somehow, it thinks spSuggest2 and spCharMon3 aren't things, though she should have them as 3/day SLAs.

The errors go away if I check off the Redeemed box on the In-Play tab, but that makes sense, as that eval script escapes out in that case.

I am thinking maybe I'll copy the COM_GMMythicPack_AP075 - Demons Heresy.user file from my laptop to this PC via Dropbox, see if that does anything; maybe that files just corrupt & not getting replaced somehow?
coyote6 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
coyote6

Old December 30th, 2015, 07:32 PM
FWIW, copying the AP075 file didn't work.

Edit: For extra fun, the other part of that eval script changes vampiric touch to a 3/day ability - and that's happening. I also tried creating a wholly different succubus character in a new portfolio, and assigning the Specific Individual: Arueshalae adjustment to it - and I get the same error. So somehow, on this PC only, it isn't seeing those two SLAs, for some reason.

Last edited by coyote6; December 30th, 2015 at 07:57 PM.
coyote6 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ashuramarsh

Old July 11th, 2016, 11:18 AM
Was this ever fixed? I am getting this too since I am now adding Arueshalae to the party as they just rescued her.

I do not have the GM Mythic pack installed as I have the Pathfinder Pack v1.2 installed (even reinstalled to be sure), which states it includes the previous GM Mythic pack and indeed the mythic pack isn't even in updates for download.

So curious if anyone ever figured this out?

Additional info:
I do get an error on load
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Sargava, The Lost Colony v1'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Cheliax, Empire of Devils'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Taldor, Echoes of Glory'

But this does not prevent the use of addons, I still have those just fine.

My license was reactivated today since i purchused an additional dataset. But the aforementioned reinstall of the Pathfinder Pack was after that.

Last edited by ashuramarsh; July 11th, 2016 at 11:22 AM.
ashuramarsh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old July 11th, 2016, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashuramarsh View Post
Was this ever fixed? I am getting this too since I am now adding Arueshalae to the party as they just rescued her.

I do not have the GM Mythic pack installed as I have the Pathfinder Pack v1.2 installed (even reinstalled to be sure), which states it includes the previous GM Mythic pack and indeed the mythic pack isn't even in updates for download.

So curious if anyone ever figured this out?

Additional info:
I do get an error on load
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Sargava, The Lost Colony v1'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Cheliax, Empire of Devils'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Taldor, Echoes of Glory'

But this does not prevent the use of addons, I still have those just fine.

My license was reactivated today since i purchused an additional dataset. But the aforementioned reinstall of the Pathfinder Pack was after that.
You don't have those books which is a totally different set of errors from the OP.

HL can't load books you don't own. But in the top right corner HL now displays which books and Things didn't load correctly but the rest of the stuff should work. This is why the community Pack is one single download now as it will load even when required Things are not found. You just won't have access to the missing pieces...

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ashuramarsh

Old July 11th, 2016, 12:20 PM
Yeah, I know I don't have those books, which is fine. I was just letting you know the error I got and that it did not affect my loading of other resources like the Pathfinder pack. The info was to let know what I had done to try and resolve the error.

It's the script error the original OP mentioned. I can load Arueshalae into the Hero Lab, but whenever I click on anything within her, like changing a weapon or such, the error comes up...

- - -
- - -
- - -
ashuramarsh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old July 11th, 2016, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashuramarsh View Post
It's the script error the original OP mentioned. I can load Arueshalae into the Hero Lab, but whenever I click on anything within her, like changing a weapon or such, the error comes up...

- - -
- - -
- - -
That should not happen anymore.... But the fix was done by Colen of Lone Wolf as its a fix in the HL binary code. Nothing to actually do with the community Pack. My original comment in this thread was that the person had to have been missing an official license.

HL now is suppose to just give a nice "warning" message in the top right corner saying that those spells do not exist and which books you need to buy to get them. It should not toss errors anymore for a Thing that does not exist in your license.

I will try and take a look when I can to see what is going on and if this is something that is an issue in the HL binary.

Thanks!

P.S. - You can PM this to me if you don't want to leave in the thread. But can you list for me which packages/licenses you own in HL. That can help me duplicate the issue faster...

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 11th, 2016, 01:02 PM
The Ids listed are core rulebook spells, but none of them are the right spell to use in most cases - they're not the wizard...cleric...druid...bard (sorry if I got the priority order for which spell to use as an SLA wrong, I'm working from memory on that) - suggestion at level 3 is the one to use and charm monster at level 4 is the one to use, but here they're using the level 2 and 3 versions.

My guess for what to check would be that originally, the race set up its SLAs with the wrong spells, and had an eval script to make some kind of modifications to those SLAs. Then, when HL added the option to report an error if an SLA was built on the wrong spell, the SLA bootstrap was fixed, but not the eval script.

That's the kind of error that wouldn't be caught until you actually tested the race, and I don't think it would be reported to the user as an error unless Enable Data File Debugging is turned on, so few people would actually see it.
Mathias is online now   #9 Reply With Quote
ashuramarsh

Old July 11th, 2016, 01:36 PM
Yeah, I had debug enabled. Kinda my bad on that since I spent so many years as a game tester I tend to do that even in my free time.

I can go through the script and probably change the spell IDs to proper ones, but that would fix the issue for just me.
ashuramarsh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote