Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Aaron

Old July 14th, 2015, 04:39 PM
Two new things for our mid-month pre-GenCon release, the Ultimate Intrigue Vigilante Playtest is available thanks to the generous work donated by AndrewD2 and a new package aims to make the lives of anyone who relies on summoning magic a little bit easier! On top of that, we have the usual set of bug fixes and enhancements.

New Releases
  • Summoned monster portfolios are now available as part of the new Summon Monster Creatures package. Now players who use summoned monsters in combat will have them at their fingertips.
  • The Vigilante from the Ultimate Intrigue playtest is now available for all users. Now player characters can lead a double life, respected member of polite society by day, avenger of the downtrodden by night.

Enhancements & Changes
  • Added a "Weapon Bonus" adjustment that can apply a typed or untyped bonus to the attack and damage of the selected weapon.
  • Added conferred ability adjustments for the bardic performances used by the Archivist and Court Bard archetypes.

Bug Fixes
  • Text for a number of classes and races (such as the Inquisitor and Cloud Dragon) was not displaying properly on the iPad.
  • Dragon Ferocity was adding too much damage to Elemental Fist.
  • Universal solvent was showing an extra use when added to the character.
  • Rods of giant summoning weren't tracking their uses per day.
  • Combat Swipe wasn't allowing the character to meet the pre-requisites for Greater Steal.
  • A pixie's special arrows ability was missing its summary.
  • Chameleon mutagens were granting too high of a Stealth bonus.
  • Fetchling summoners were reporting an error from their favored class bonus.
  • Shamans who took the Prehensile Hair hex were not switching it to use Wisdom for attack and damage.
  • The Mirror Move feat was not ignoring the Int 13 pre-req for brawlers.
  • The Dimensional Awareness feat was missing a couple pre-requisites.
  • The Archeologist bard's Archaeologist's Luck ability was not selectable by the Aasimar Bard Favored Class Bonus.
  • The evasion ability of an animal companion or eidolon was not being recognized by prereqs that require the evasion ability.
  • When purchasing Custom Gear, Custom Container, Custom Valuable, and Custom Location, if a cost was entered, that cost was not charged to the hero's cash when the item was purchased.
  • For animal companions, the add an ability bonus table would sometimes have it's bottom cut off, preventing more than one ability score bonus from being added.
  • Rogues with the Ki Pool talent were not calculating their number of Ki points correctly.

Data File Authoring
  • Added a series of fields and tags to handle how summoned monster races interact with templates.
    • Hero.Summoned is applied to the hero when the "Summoned Creature" source is enabled. This triggers a reorganization of the UI on the Classes tab, and enables all further effects of summon enhancements, etc.
    • Hero.NeedSumTem is applied to certain races which {b}could{/b} require an alignment template (Celestial, Fiendish, Entropic, or Resolute), depending on whether it is summoned via summon monster or summon natures ally. It is forwarded to the hero when the "Summoned Creature" source is enabled. If such a race is selected and Hero.Summoned is on the hero, a checkbox for "Requires Template?" will appear on the classes tab. If this portfolio is one represeting the templating spell, then checking this box will cause an error to be reported unless an appropriate template is applied. For our summoning add on encounter library, this box is pre-checked for the appropriate files, so that the user is prompted to apply the correct template for their alignment upon import.
    • Hero.HasSumTem is applied to certain templates, and is forwarded to the hero when the "Summoned Creature" source is enabled. This satisfies the error raised by the "Requires Template?" checkbox. Certain templates which can substitute for the default alignment templates, like Aeriel, Counterpoised, Fiery, etc are marked with this tag.
    • Added the tmInfSumm text field to templates. Entering text here enables the template to be added to a summoned creature. It should be used to specify under what circumstances can a caster apply the template in question.
Aaron is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old July 14th, 2015, 04:48 PM
Woo. Glad to see the playtest released.
AndrewD2 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old July 15th, 2015, 08:28 AM
Awesome job!
frumple is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old July 15th, 2015, 03:51 PM
Is it the updated playtest?
LazarX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 15th, 2015, 04:32 PM
Yes, it is the second phase version.
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old July 15th, 2015, 09:06 PM
I've tried enabling the summon creatures option, but I can't see how to use it. I enabled it on my Summoner and tried adding evolutions to it, and it did not track. Is it something that's supposed to key in with the Summon Monsters package?

I think I understand it now. There's a bit of a design bug though. I can't add it to my Summoner's Eidolon so that I can key in temporary situaitonal boosts, such as when I cast spells that give it a temporary boost in evolutions, nor can I key in the legal Augment Summoning feat, for when I call it forth with the Summon Eidolon spell, because the character configure screen has all s selections such as the summon creature under classes blocked for the eidolon.

One last question, does the summon monster package include conditional additions for feats such as Summon Good Monster?

Last edited by LazarX; July 15th, 2015 at 09:24 PM.
LazarX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 16th, 2015, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarX View Post
I've tried enabling the summon creatures option, but I can't see how to use it. I enabled it on my Summoner and tried adding evolutions to it, and it did not track. Is it something that's supposed to key in with the Summon Monsters package?

I think I understand it now. There's a bit of a design bug though. I can't add it to my Summoner's Eidolon so that I can key in temporary situaitonal boosts, such as when I cast spells that give it a temporary boost in evolutions, nor can I key in the legal Augment Summoning feat, for when I call it forth with the Summon Eidolon spell, because the character configure screen has all s selections such as the summon creature under classes blocked for the eidolon.

One last question, does the summon monster package include conditional additions for feats such as Summon Good Monster?
This package covers the Summon Monster and Summon Nature's Ally spells. It does not change anything about Eidolons.

For your Eidolon, use the "Augment Summoning" adjustment in the conferred ability table on the Adjust tab, and turn it on when summoned through the spell.
Mathias is online now   #7 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old July 16th, 2015, 12:34 PM
If I wanted to make my own custom summoned creature beyond what is in the package, how would I go about that?
frumple is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 16th, 2015, 02:51 PM
Create the monster in the stock portfolio and turn on the "Summoned Creature" optional source in configure hero (it's down a ways, in the Classes to Show section). If you want a particular monster race to show the "Summon Monster?" checkbox on the Classes tab, give it the Hero.NeedSumTem tag mentioned in the notes above. When organizing the different branches of your Encounter Library, pre-check the Summon Monster box in any branch which requires the application of a template upon summon.
Aaron is offline   #9 Reply With Quote