Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Slang

Old July 4th, 2015, 04:25 PM
Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it. Are there plans to release Realm Works for mac?

Thanks!
Slang is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old July 4th, 2015, 08:14 PM
Either a forum search or the FAQ is a great place to start for most general questions. http://www.wolflair.com/realmworks/s...ked-questions/

From the FAQ: When will Realm Works work on the Mac?
The answer to that is unknown at the moment. When we first began development of Realm Works, we chose C# and .Net as our environment for a number of reasons. One of those reasons was the existence of the Mono project, which would allow us to readily port Realm Works over to the Mac. Unfortunately, our latest assessment of Mono revealed that a few portions of .Net that we leverage within Realm Works are not supported by Mono, which means we aren’t able to perform the port as we had intended. We’ll be investigating this more fully now that Realm Works is released, after which we’ll hopefully have more accurate information on where things stands vis--vis our use of Mono.
AEIOU is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old July 4th, 2015, 10:47 PM
From Wine functionality in the current version:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
While nothing is for certain, I personally doubt OS X and the Linux variants will have a native client. The web client will be their solution.

Rob's two posts starting here (Mac/iPad/Android Integration) are (as far as I know) the most direct on the subject.
(I copy/pasted this response from a previous thread.)

Hope this helps.

Parody is online now   #3 Reply With Quote