Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Kargha

Old January 28th, 2015, 04:55 AM
Hi there,

I'm quite new to the Authoring Kit. Been looking around at the wiki and the Savage World walkthrough.

In the skeleton files, you have CP cost per attribute as follows:

Code:
<eval index="2" phase="Traits" priority="10000">
      <before name="Calc resLeft"/>
      <after name="Bound trtUser"/><![CDATA[
          hero.child[resCP].field[resSpent].value += (field[trtUser].value - 1) * 7
      ]]>
</eval>
So in this one, it'll always cost 7 points. But I'm not sure why. In my brain it works out to:

Rank 1 = Free
Rank 2 = 7
Rank 3 = 14
Rank 4 = 21
etc.

But for some reason it saves the previous cost and just subtracts the difference.

How would I change this to make it actually remove as many CP as the cost would actually be?

So Rank 1 = free
Rank 2 = costs 7 CP
Rank 3 = costs 14 CP (total of 21 CP for rank 2 and 3)
Rank 4 = costs 21 CP (total of 42 CP for ranks 2-4)

I did it currently by using if/then statements (since I couldn't find anything in the reference material pointing towards arrays being available, and I'm not very good with XML yet, so there might be an XML feature that has it). The problem with if/then statements is if various stats would have various costs associated with it. For example if Strength would have the cost be Strength*3, while Stamina would be Stamina*4.

I'm not always very adapt at expressing my thoughts, but hopefully you get an idea of what I'm trying to accomplish.

Thank you for your time!

Best Regards,

Andreas
Kargha is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 28th, 2015, 06:53 AM
You're not the first person to ask this. See posts #14 and #15 in this thread: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=8776&highlight=excel&page=2

Last edited by Mathias; January 28th, 2015 at 06:56 AM.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Kargha

Old January 28th, 2015, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
You're not the first person to ask this. See posts #14 and #15 in this thread: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=8776&highlight=excel&page=2
Wow, thanks Mathias. I hadn't seen this thread before (it didn't show up when I searched, since CP/XP is too short for the search function). It was even for the same system (L5R) that I'm messing around with in Hero Lab!

So yea, this is gonna help a lot! Haven't seen anything from SAbel in a while, and since none of AEG's data is public as far as I know, he wouldn't be allowed to share anything including the data. Hence why I figured I would test it myself and learn the Authoring Kit in the process.
Kargha is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 28th, 2015, 07:44 AM
If he's stopped work on it, I doubt there would be a problem with him transferring his work-in-progress to you for you to continue.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote