Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
ShadowChemosh
Senior Member
Volunteer Data File Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago, IL (USA)
Posts: 10,725

Old January 20th, 2015, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinthalas View Post
"Support" told me to check post #3 in this forum, none of that made sense and none of those files were there, regardless can someone help me?
Can you start HL and go to "Tools->Manage Third Party Updates" and tell me what you show in the window?

It sort of appears as one "old" file is not getting removed during the update. So do that and let me know what it shows. Then I can give you better ideas on how to handle this.

Post #3 is good read as its the FAQ. FAQ#2 tells you why it keeps asking to update the Deprecated packages.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #71
Noven
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 34

Old January 20th, 2015, 05:41 PM
Is this the reason why my Way of the Wicked stuff is not working anymore?
Noven is offline   #72
ShadowChemosh
Senior Member
Volunteer Data File Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago, IL (USA)
Posts: 10,725

Old January 20th, 2015, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noven View Post
Is this the reason why my Way of the Wicked stuff is not working anymore?
What reason? Come on guys you have to give me more to work from then these cryptic messages.

Are you getting an error message? If so please follow FAQ#7 and give me the error message.

If you have a question please keep in mind I can NOT read minds. Post completed questions with details. Help me help you guys.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #73
ShadowChemosh
Senior Member
Volunteer Data File Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago, IL (USA)
Posts: 10,725

Old January 20th, 2015, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinthalas View Post
the only thing I could find online was a dragonrider something, which is a 3pp I do have but I have had that for a long time and only this most recent update is having issues.
Ok after doing searches on my drive finally lead me to a VERY old dragonrider .hl from 2011 that use to be distributed with the .pdf. It contained a .1st file named "PFRPG_Sources.1st". So the "quick" fix is to go delete this file out of your herolab\data\pathfinder game folder as its not needed anymore.

I am working on v1.1 of the 3PP Pack that will automatically deprecate this old file that will go out tonight.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #74
ShadowChemosh
Senior Member
Volunteer Data File Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago, IL (USA)
Posts: 10,725

Old January 20th, 2015, 07:43 PM
Pathfinder 3PP Pack
The NEW 3PP Pack is now live and being pushed out to everyone. Those that had the old SGG, Ultimate Psionics, or Path of War now gets this combined pack of Third Party Products.

Installation Instructions
See THIS post for full details.

You must have HL v6.1e or LATER to run these packs! You must have the following official licenses: Advanced Players Guide, Ultimate Combat, and Ultimate Magic

v1.1 January 20, 2015
Bug Fixes
  • Fix load errors with those with REALLY old dragonrider addon. PFRPG_Sources.1st(line 4) - Source - Duplicate record encountered('pSGG')
New Features
  • None
Data File Authoring
  • None

Please note I have added a FAQ post about the packs. Hope that helps.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ReadMe.pdf (117.4 KB, 2 views)

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; January 20th, 2015 at 09:21 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #75
Noven
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 34

Old January 20th, 2015, 08:47 PM
The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Thing 'cS2RobSpel' - Bootstrap thing 'spUnbrCon5' does not exist
Thing 'isMEScrygG' - Bootstrap thing 'spSymbScr5' does not exist
Thing 'isMEUmbrlG' - Bootstrap thing 'spProtPen2' does not exist
Thing 'isMEUmbrlG' - Bootstrap thing 'spGrDarGr4' does not exist
Thing 'isMEUmbrlG' - Bootstrap thing 'spCloaSha1' does not exist
Thing 'isMEUmbrlL' - Bootstrap thing 'spCloaSha1' does not exist
Thing 'isMEUmbrlL' - Bootstrap thing 'spProtPen2' does not exist
Thing 'isMEUmbrlS' - Bootstrap thing 'spProtPen2' does not exist
Thing 'isMEUmbrlS' - Bootstrap thing 'spGrDarGr4' does not exist
Thing 'isMEUmbrlS' - Bootstrap thing 'spCloaSha1' does not exist
Thing 'isMEWintrG' - Bootstrap thing 'spIcicDag1' does not exist
Thing 'isMEWintrL' - Bootstrap thing 'spIcicDag1' does not exist
Thing 'isMEWintrS' - Bootstrap thing 'spIcicDag1' does not exist
Thing 'isME4WindG' - Bootstrap thing 'spFickWin5' does not exist
Thing 'isME4WindS' - Bootstrap thing 'spFickWin5' does not exist

Critical information not found in data files: Source 'CB - Way of the Wicked AP'
Noven is offline   #76
ShadowChemosh
Senior Member
Volunteer Data File Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago, IL (USA)
Posts: 10,725

Old January 20th, 2015, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noven View Post
The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Thing 'cS2RobSpel' - Bootstrap thing 'spUnbrCon5' does not exist
Thing 'isMEScrygG' - Bootstrap thing 'spSymbScr5' does not exist
Thing 'isMEUmbrlG' - Bootstrap thing 'spProtPen2' does not exist
Thing 'isMEUmbrlG' - Bootstrap thing 'spGrDarGr4' does not exist
Thing 'isMEUmbrlG' - Bootstrap thing 'spCloaSha1' does not exist
Thing 'isMEUmbrlL' - Bootstrap thing 'spCloaSha1' does not exist
Thing 'isMEUmbrlL' - Bootstrap thing 'spProtPen2' does not exist
Thing 'isMEUmbrlS' - Bootstrap thing 'spProtPen2' does not exist
Thing 'isMEUmbrlS' - Bootstrap thing 'spGrDarGr4' does not exist
Thing 'isMEUmbrlS' - Bootstrap thing 'spCloaSha1' does not exist
Thing 'isMEWintrG' - Bootstrap thing 'spIcicDag1' does not exist
Thing 'isMEWintrL' - Bootstrap thing 'spIcicDag1' does not exist
Thing 'isMEWintrS' - Bootstrap thing 'spIcicDag1' does not exist
Thing 'isME4WindG' - Bootstrap thing 'spFickWin5' does not exist
Thing 'isME4WindS' - Bootstrap thing 'spFickWin5' does not exist

Critical information not found in data files: Source 'CB - Way of the Wicked AP'
This is the from the RGG and SKR Games of the 3PP Pack. The Pathfinder 3PP Pack now requires the official licenses of "Advanced Players Guide, Ultimate Combat, and Ultimate Magic" to run. This was mentioned in THIS post.

And as mentioned once HL gets an error it loads in Safe Mode which is why your Community Player Pack (ie Way of the Wicked) will not load.

Sorry you have three choices.
1) Buy those official packages from LW.
2) Uninstall the 3PP Pack ("Tools->Manage Third Party Updates").
3) Uncouple the 3PP Pack from requiring those official packages. You could find the files using the official Things (the ID is given above in the errors) and delete the Things or Files using them.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #77
Noven
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 34

Old January 21st, 2015, 02:29 PM
Alright, I bought the required data sets, but I still have the error:

Critical information not found in data files: Source 'CB - Way of the Wicked AP'
Noven is offline   #78
ShadowChemosh
Senior Member
Volunteer Data File Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago, IL (USA)
Posts: 10,725

Old January 21st, 2015, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noven View Post
Alright, I bought the required data sets, but I still have the error:

Critical information not found in data files: Source 'CB - Way of the Wicked AP'
So your getting this "after" you open your character correct? You must have had the "Community Bestiary" or "Community Player Pack" installed before. Going to assume the Community Player Pack as the CB would not have run with out those other official packages.

So go to "Find Updates" and download and install "d20pfsrd:Community Player Pack (v2.24)". That will get your Way of the Wicked back.

But did you uninstall or reinstall lately? I am not seeing why the Player Pack would have gone away. It made sense at first as soon as you get an error HL went into safe mode and would not have loaded the CPP.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #79
Quinthalas
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 8

Old January 21st, 2015, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Can you start HL and go to "Tools->Manage Third Party Updates" and tell me what you show in the window?

It sort of appears as one "old" file is not getting removed during the update. So do that and let me know what it shows. Then I can give you better ideas on how to handle this.

Post #3 is good read as its the FAQ. FAQ#2 tells you why it keeps asking to update the Deprecated packages.
Ultimate psionics pack
pathfinder 3pp pack
Quinthalas is offline   #80
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.