Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Merion

Old March 28th, 2014, 01:08 AM
It is a bit annoying that I have to enter my password every time I start realmworks. For those of us, who only use it on a private computer, it would be nice if there were a checkbox to save the password and login automatically.
Merion is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old March 28th, 2014, 05:06 PM
You don't need to login unless you intend to sync your data to the cloud. You can work offline as much as you want, without logging in.
Silveras is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 28th, 2014, 11:36 PM
@Merion: For automatically logging into the server, this is already on our incredibly long todo list, but we haven't had time to get it done. In general, users don't need to login every time - only when they want to sync - and there's no need to login if you choose to simply work offline (as Silveras pointed out).
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Kallan

Old March 30th, 2014, 11:08 AM
In my case, the Work Offline button is disabled and I am unable to login. I get a message indicating my database is old and can't be updated, even though this is from a clean install with no existing data.

I've filed a bug and contacted tech support, but haven't heard back yet. Has anyone else encountered this issue?
Kallan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 30th, 2014, 12:11 PM
@Kallan: Please verify that you have installed and are using the latest version of Realm Works. If not, that could be the issue. If you are, then something weird is going on and filing the bug report was the perfect thing to do. The dev team will get back to you soon to figure out what's causing the problem.
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Kallan

Old March 30th, 2014, 03:25 PM
It first happened earlier this week with the 0.9.106.155 beta, which is when I filed the bug. I am seeing the same issue after installing 1.0.1000.156.
Kallan is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 30th, 2014, 03:50 PM
A reply to your support case was sent out on March 24. Did you receive that reply?
davidp is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old April 1st, 2014, 05:41 AM
hmm... alright. Sounds good, but to be honest it's not something that a user will understand intuitively. Also I don't seem to get yet, what syncing is even for as I have to export and then import again my data when I want to use it on a different PC.
Merion is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old April 1st, 2014, 07:12 AM
Syncing is to save the data to Lone Wolf's servers. You should then be able to pull this data down to a different computer without having to use the backup/restore option. The offline backup/restore option is available for those who do not have access to the internet, don't want to entrust their data to someone else, or have not paid for cloud service once the free period is up.
Mystic Lemur is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
GrooveMan03

Old April 25th, 2014, 10:48 AM
I have the exact same issue "your database is to old". Please Advice!
GrooveMan03 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote