Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

jonbartels

Old April 8th, 2010, 09:47 PM
The Barony of the Lesser Ones has listed Intimidation and Persuasion at 3 dots each as prerequisites.

If you have Gentrified Bearing, Hob Kin merits or one dot in the Hedge Beast Companion merit, Intimidation and Persuasion is reduced to 2 dots.

How do i achieve this?
jonbartels is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 10th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Currently, your prereq script will look something like the following for Persuassion:
Code:
validif (#skill[sPersuade] >= 3)
if (@ispick <> 0) then
    altpick.linkvalid = 0
    endif
All that matters for determining whether the thing/pick is valid is the first line. The rest handles proper highlighting. So all we need to modify is the first line.

Our logic is pretty simple. We start with a requirement of three dots. If one of various merits is possessed, that decreases to two dots. Then we compare against the potentially adjusted number of dots required.

All merits forward their identity tag to the character, so you can check there to determine whether a particular merit is possessed. Putting it all together yields the following test logic:
Code:
var dots as number
dots = 3
if (hero.tagis[mGentBear] <> 0) then
    dots = 2
elseif (hero.tagis[mHobKin] <> 0) then
    dots = 2
elseif (hero.tagis[mHedgeComp] <> 0) then
    dots = 2
    endif
validif (#skill[sPersuade] >= dots)
Note that the Hedge Beast Companion merit is not currently in the data files, so I'm assuming you will add it. I used a placeholder unique id for it above that you should change to whatever you choose to use.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
jonbartels

Old April 10th, 2010, 11:56 PM
I get the following error when i try to compile the data file.

syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' for thing 'E02' on line 3
-> invalid syntax for tag template.

all I did was cut and paste the above code and modified the names to the ones that I'm using.
jonbartels is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 11th, 2010, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbartels View Post
I get the following error when i try to compile the data file.

syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' for thing 'E02' on line 3
-> invalid syntax for tag template.

all I did was cut and paste the above code and modified the names to the ones that I'm using.
Oops. I was sloppy due to being in a hurry. I wanted to get you an answer to all your questions but I also needed to get out the door to an event - it's Saturday, after all. :-)

The "tagis" syntax needs to specify a proper tag template, as indicated by the error message. A tag template must have the form "groupid.tagid". All I specified was the tag id. So the merit tags should be "Merit.tagid". For example, "Merit.mGentBear" instead of just "mGentBear".
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote