Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

marcrluce

Old September 27th, 2005, 05:44 AM
Hello. I just noticed somthing that I've not seen brought up before. Lets take your typical foot troop from any army with a beginning stat of no armor, and as such no armor save.

Give light armor - save of 6

add shield - save of 5

this is where army builder leaves it

add hand weapon - save of 4 in CC, 5 vs shooting etc.. ( look at page 88 of WFB 6th Ed Rule book )

Can army builder be modified to show a armor save as 4/5 or the like?

That would be great in my opinion!!

Marc
marcrluce is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
WKCChampion

Send a message via MSN to WKCChampion

Old September 27th, 2005, 10:17 AM
this has already been discussed some tiem ago! I was the one to rise the question...
Robert decided to show up this bonus .... if u right click on shield
WKCChampion is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
marcrluce

Old September 27th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Robert - Thanks.

But thats no help at all when Army Builder's whole focus is on PRINTED ARMY LISTS. What am I supposed to do, drag my computer to every game and right click on each item a character or unit has?

I know it's not your doing, but come on. It's one thing to not know about the problem, or to not be able to do anything because of the way AB works, but thats not a solution at all. Could AT LEAST print it as unit notes in the unit's info area..........

Marc
marcrluce is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
deathlynx
Volunteer Data File Author

Old September 27th, 2005, 01:54 PM
If it comes out on a right click then it should also appear on the roster notes at the bottom (or possibly in the line info for the unit)...
deathlynx is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
marcrluce

Old September 29th, 2005, 11:59 AM
Hello. Yep - it does come up down below in the optional footnotes. Better than nothing but up in the stat line would be optimal. Might never come to pass. Life will go on.
marcrluce is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
GMTemplar

Old October 3rd, 2005, 01:42 AM
It doesn't show up on the stat line because the extra armour save from parry rule is a situational bonus. The unit's basic armour save is still only 5+ even if they can parry in close combat for a save of 4+. It gets even more confusing if you add in that some units may be using shields only against shooting and use, say, great weapons in close combat (they would still have the option of using hand weapon and shield in close combat though but they may never do it).

In certain situations a character can well have three different armour saves in different situations (against shooting / in close combat with hand weapon and shield / in close combat with great weapon). The problem is much more complex than you may think and it gets pretty confusing. This is why it is better to just print out the basic armour save and leave the extra bonuses for players to work out. If they want to leave out any equipment (like shield in order to use great weapon) or if any extra bonuses apply (parry, sdc bonus against shooting etc.) then they have to adjust the armour save accordingly.
GMTemplar is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
robert
Volunteer Data File Author

Old October 5th, 2005, 05:44 PM
gmtemplar is exactly right. :~)
robert is offline   #7 Reply With Quote