Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Farling

Old March 11th, 2018, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
Developers will decide what goes in the backlog.
Usually it is the Product Owner ;-)

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old March 11th, 2018, 11:17 AM
Indeed. I am tired as hell

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Last edited by Valyar; March 11th, 2018 at 01:13 PM.
Valyar is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old March 11th, 2018, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Is there thread on that, I find this interesting - no mechanics at all?
Many.

Fundamentally RW is terrible as a substitute for a PDF of the rules of a game. RW is best at managing the game world and the adventures you run in that world. The bigger the realm gets the worse the performance gets. So putting tons of rules crunch that you can easily enough look up in a PDF simply degrades performance for little gain. Look at the stuff you'll actually use in the game session and see how many links, that you'll ever really follow, are to links to all those rules articles. If the reality is zero, and it almost certainly is then why have all that stuff in RW in the first place?

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 11th, 2018, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
Look at the stuff you'll actually use in the game session and see how many links, that you'll ever really follow, are to links to all those rules articles. If the reality is zero, and it almost certainly is then why have all that stuff in RW in the first place?
I find links to spells and feats very useful for the quick nature of look-up within Realm Works.

I only entered important articles that were likely to get linked, like some of the pathfinder combat manoeuvres.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old March 11th, 2018, 01:38 PM
I find having mechanics in my Realm Works realms more useful while creating than playing, especially when you're looking up a thing or things that are scattered between various sources (perhaps including your own creations).

Parody is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old March 12th, 2018, 03:08 AM
Seems we are from different schools of thought My group plays with a lot of supplements involved, and having more than 1 PDF to scroll back and forth during session is not convenient. Using hardcovers is much better, but there comes the issue of owning all or carrying them around.

The main reason to buy Realm Works back then was the Mechanical section. Second was the possibility at late stage to put everything inside and no longer use PDF or books.

And it happened. It does an EXTRAORDINARY job of improving the preparation and running of a game session. It is the best digital tool in the world for aggregating information in a way that allows you to reach all you need in 1-2 clicks. No PDF will ever give this flexibility. even with proper bookmarking, as I have extracted the rules and the most important things out of the paragraphs.

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old March 12th, 2018, 01:14 PM
A "Global Clear All Content Links and Re-Scan" makes (some) sense when the realm is small. As it gets bigger and more and more content is added, the option makes less and less sense.

If you have "auto-accept" on various topics, you will get some of the same incorrect links you had before, and maybe new ones as well.

In any case, the more content has been added, the more time you will need to spend clicking "Accept", "Accept", "Ignore", "Accept" as it churns through the various possibilities.
Silveras is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old March 12th, 2018, 03:30 PM
Even scan for new links makes little sense once the realm reaches a certain size.

Try it on the community realm Nibirum discussed over in the RW in action forum. I tried it. After well over a half hour I gave up.

my Realm Works videos
kbs666 is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old March 13th, 2018, 06:05 AM
Quote:
It is the best digital tool in the world for aggregating information in a way that allows you to reach all you need in 1-2 clicks.
I agree, but only in theory. The performance issues are a problem.
Merion is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old March 13th, 2018, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merion View Post
I agree, but only in theory. The performance issues are a problem.
My main realm has had some performance problems as it grew but I've been having just terrible performance issues since I started working on Nibirum, its approaching 1000 topics with lots of maps. Just opening a map sometimes hangs RW.

my Realm Works videos
kbs666 is offline   #30 Reply With Quote