Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

earnold25

Old January 27th, 2006, 02:05 PM
I'm learning as I go along, so bear with me if I'm not explaining clearly enough or you need more detail. I'm reading through the tutorials and manuals, but I can only absorb so much at a time

I'm creating a data file to act as holding place for item, option, and unit shared to multiple races.

Now for an option as part of a shared unit, how can I hide / null this option if its not available for a particular race?

Is it through script using the "Live" section under Option? If so, can anyone post a basic script that might do this?

tks
earnold25 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Russell
Volunteer Data File Author

Old January 27th, 2006, 02:59 PM
In the Live script, you need:
!roster.racename

or if you want to kill the option for more than one race.
!(roster.racename1 | roster.racename2 | roster.racename3)

or the equivalent
!roster.racename1 & !roster.racename2 & !roster.racename3
but that has one more letter to type ;-)

That stops the option from appearing if the roster primary race is "racename".
Use the datafile debugging aids in AB to see what tags are applied to the unit the options are linked to just to confirm you've got the right one.

Russell.
Russell is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 28th, 2006, 12:14 AM
For entities, you'll need to utilize the Member tag expression to control visibility based on race and ruleset. There is a topic about this in the Applying the Concepts (i.e. How To) chapter of the docs. It's called Controlling Which Entities Are Shown. The same concepts apply to the use of Live tag expression on links and options. The examples cited by Russell are exactly the technique you should be using.

-Rob

At 03:05 PM 1/27/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
I'm learning as I go along, so bear with me if I'm not explaining clearly enough or you need more detail. I'm reading through the tutorials and manuals, but I can only absorb so much at a time [img]./modules/mdforum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I'm creating a data file to act as holding place for item, option, and unit shared to multiple races.

Now for an option as part of a shared unit, how can I hide / null this option if its not available for a particular race?

Is it through script using the "Live" section under Option? If so, can anyone post a basic script that might do this?

tks
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 28th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Quick Note!!!

When I point out where to find stuff in the docs, it's *NOT* a complaint that you haven't found the pertinent section in the docs. The docs are huge and it's quite difficult due to that size to find things unless you know what you're looking for.

The intent is to point you to the topic so that you'll have (a) more details on the issue, (b) more examples to refer to, and (c) links from that section in the docs to related sections that might prove useful. The goal is to educate, so please take the comments in the spirit they are intended. :-)

-Rob
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote