Notices

CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 15th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Cool! I'll go over this...
CapedCrusader is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old April 25th, 2013, 06:21 AM
A couple more... Clint verified in this thread that any skill is only allowed to be raised once per advancement. Not sure if it's worth trying to trap for that in Hero Lab, but it might be a nice addition.

Although that does bring up another issue for me which is that if you are doing a character with advancements from scratch and you find you needed to delete something you took at one of your advancements to change it that all of the later advancements move down, if you will (as if they were taken a level earlier). That's normally not a problem except for in the way Hero Lab traps for if you've only taken one Attribute increase per Rank. In that case what had been a legal increase might get flagged as an illegal one because of how all the advancements moved down one position. So maybe if we had a way to replace an advancement rather than just delete it we could have a way to alleviate that warning.

Also MonsterMike brought up in this thread on this forum, "...a suggestion for the Trademark Weapon Edge: When you take this Edge, it should offer a dropdown list of your current weapons so you can select which weapon is the trademark weapon. Then this would show as (skill) + 1 under your weapons for that weapon on the character sheet. You can work around this with an in-play adjustment, but it seems more natural to make it part of the Edge." I would only add that the other option would be for it to create the in-play adjustment entry which was my suggestion earlier in this very thread, but whatever works is cool with me.

EDIT: Trademark Weapon dropdown list added in v2.7

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)

Last edited by zarlor; September 12th, 2013 at 06:02 PM.
zarlor is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
Dayleph

Old April 26th, 2013, 10:24 AM
My first official post to these forums... /sniff
I'm fairly new to HL, so I shall beg forgiveness now if this is something that is actually right in front of my nose and I just keep missing it... I also didn't see anyone bring this up in this thread posting (or anywhere else), so it may already have been mentioned. If so, I apologize for the duplication.

In the Super Powers Companion, there is a power mod called "Switchable" that I don't see when creating characters. Several members of our group are using the ability, so it would be extremely helpful if it was there. Am I just missing it completely?

In case it isn't there, here is the description from the book:
Switchable (+1 per 3 Power Points):
This modifier allows a character to switch between different sets of powers. The character first buys one power, and then pays 1 Power Point for every 3 Power Points of the original power (round up). Now she creates another power equal to the original cost, and she can choose to use one or the other - but not both powers at the same time. The character can switch between the powers as a free action. Switching between powers connected by this modifier counts as the same action for purposes of not allowing a repeat action in a round.
Since using a Switchable power requires a free action to activate, they may not take the Requires Activation modifier as well. A character may take the Switchable modifier more than once to have different restricted powers usable at the same time. With the GM's approval, a character may take more than one power under the Switchable modifier as long as they do not exceed the base point value and their combined use makes sense.
Dayleph is offline   #63 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old April 26th, 2013, 06:30 PM
EDIT: The Switchable modifier from the post previous to this one was added in v2.7

Another one that came up in play today... I don't see that on the portfolio that the Drawbacks (which are Bootstrapped to ABs, normally) don't show up on the Abilities column, or otherwise anyplace on the In-Play tab. I forgot what mine was for my character and had to look it up in the book after realizing it wasn't listed. :/

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)

Last edited by zarlor; October 11th, 2013 at 07:45 AM.
zarlor is offline   #64 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old May 2nd, 2013, 12:11 PM
Cape, I was wondering if there is a way to put in extra place holders for separators, to be able to have them when we need them to use in our own data file instead of having to change the name of ones already in use (Example: if a new setting has bio-weapons. We could use the place holder separators to add new ones with out having to use ones that already are there and being used.). Just a thought if it's able to be done.
jbearwillis is offline   #65 Reply With Quote
Loveless2013

Old May 4th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Necropolis 2350 would be an awesome addition. I've been trying to throw it together myself, but I'm kind of new to editing on HL.
Loveless2013 is offline   #66 Reply With Quote
Loveless2013

Old May 4th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Not sure where my last post went, so I'll repost it. I'd love to see a campaign pack for Necropolis 2350. I've been trying to make it bit by bit, but I'm pretty new to this whole editing thing.
Loveless2013 is offline   #67 Reply With Quote
caudron

Old May 11th, 2013, 04:10 AM
What I would most like to see are more Savage Worlds character sheets. The default one is decent, but misses a few pieces and isn't terribly visually interesting. For example, I picked the Linguist Edge, got 6 languages, and unless I have the program up in front of me, I just have to remember the list because they aren't on the printed sheet. There are a few missing pieces like that. But equally importantly, honestly, would be making it look great. Right now it's very utilitarian. Perhaps have multiple output types (stylized hero block that takes a half page, One page hero summary sheet like you have now, and Two page detailed character sheet).
caudron is offline   #68 Reply With Quote
Loveless2013

Old May 11th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Had I known there was a (very well made) custom creation I'd have kept my mouth shut.
Loveless2013 is offline   #69 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old May 13th, 2013, 05:40 AM
Well, it never hurts to ask for an "official" release of something. It just takes Lone Wolf and Triple Ace Games getting together to come to an agreement on releasing it. You could also bug the folks over at Triple Ace to get with Lone Wolf about it, too.

And if the file you are referring to is mine... well, it's actually based on the older "Necropolis" setting which I got WAAAYY back when, I think Pinnacle was actually releasing it at that time, and I don't know if there are any differences between that and "Necropolis 2350" so my file could be missing a few updates since I don't have the newer book from Triple Ace.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #70 Reply With Quote