Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
John
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 257

Old April 5th, 2013, 03:13 PM
That's right, Monday, April 8, is the eagerly-anticipated release of Hero Lab for the iPad. The app has been approved by Apple, and should be released on the App Store on Monday!

This is our first iPad app, so we're not sure exactly *when* it'll go live - we'll post an update here and on our Facebook page with a link to the app when it's available.

This first version of Hero Lab for the iPad will be an in-play character sheet, available for free! You'll be able to create your character on your desktop/laptop, and then move it to the iPad for use during the game. You can find more information in our November newsletter.
John is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Senior Member
Volunteer Data File Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago, IL (USA)
Posts: 10,700

Old April 5th, 2013, 03:24 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
BenRislove
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4

Old April 5th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
This.
BenRislove is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
dragonladytoo
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sunny Southern California, USA
Posts: 74

Old April 5th, 2013, 04:29 PM
So, the initial 'player' download is free.

And once you get it to edit, then its the simple cost of a license (free if its your second one for an existing, and $10 for each one after that - your laptop/ipad/etc)

Thanx
dragonladytoo is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Colen
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,728

Old April 8th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonladytoo View Post
So, the initial 'player' download is free.

And once you get it to edit, then its the simple cost of a license (free if its your second one for an existing, and $10 for each one after that - your laptop/ipad/etc)

Thanx
This is incorrect. The current "play sheet" version of Hero Lab is free on the iPad, and doesn't use one of your Hero Lab licenses. Anyone can use it, as long as they have characters that were created using Hero Lab on their desktop or laptop.

Hope this helps!
Colen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
dragonladytoo
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sunny Southern California, USA
Posts: 74

Old April 8th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
This is incorrect. The current "play sheet" version of Hero Lab is free on the iPad, and doesn't use one of your Hero Lab licenses. Anyone can use it, as long as they have characters that were created using Hero Lab on their desktop or laptop.

Hope this helps!
I don't believe you understood my statement.

I understand that as long as the iPad app is only a player that it will be free.
But the newsletter seemed to indicate that when you guys finally get the iPad app to work in edit mode, and players can truely edit their character then the app will require one of your license keys to activate that ability.

Glad your excited by the launch Colin ,but please read the post .
dragonladytoo is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Colen
Senior Member
Lone Wolf Staff
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,728

Old April 9th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonladytoo View Post
I don't believe you understood my statement.

I understand that as long as the iPad app is only a player that it will be free.
But the newsletter seemed to indicate that when you guys finally get the iPad app to work in edit mode, and players can truely edit their character then the app will require one of your license keys to activate that ability.

Glad your excited by the launch Colin ,but please read the post .
This is correct. Sorry for the misunderstanding - I wanted to make sure that users understood that the character viewer capability will always be free to everyone, regardless of whether we allow you to actually create characters (which will be licensed users only).
Colen is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
mxyzplk
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 49

Old April 5th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Really looking forward to this and reducing the number of full laptops at the gaming table!
mxyzplk is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Senior Member
Volunteer Data File Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago, IL (USA)
Posts: 10,700

Old April 7th, 2013, 11:23 PM
And it's out and can be downloaded from the App Store. So far really nice. I was able to setup and install my groups house rules data set and easily downloaded a character.

So far runs fast and smooth on a iPad 2.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is online now   #9 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Quebec, QC, Canada
Posts: 355

Old April 8th, 2013, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I was able to setup and install my groups house rules data set...
Where do you put the .user files? In the same place as the portfolios? The instructions do not mention it...
Lord Magus is offline   #10 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.