Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 3rd, 2015, 01:01 PM
So having a heck of time figuring out how to get new skills to work with Unchained Consolidated Skill mechanics. First issue is I get large number of errors from a new mechanic when I have custom skills and Consolidated Skills turned on. So I put in a bug report about that.

So finally went with making a new skill called Psionics that consolidates both Autohypnosis and Knowledge (Psionics). I made it match exactly to the new Religion skill. What happens now is that when Consolidated Skills is turned off I am unable to select either Autohypnosis or Knowledge (Psionics) anymore. So I am lost I don't know how to get this to work.

Here is the RAW XML of my new skill:
Code:
  <thing id="cskPUPsion" name="Psionics" description="xx" compset="Skill" uniqueness="unique">
    <usesource source="PUConsSkil"/>
    <tag group="ProductId" tag="PUProdID"/>
    <tag group="Helper" tag="ConsSkill"/>
    <tag group="IncorpSkl" tag="skPUAhypno"/>
    <tag group="IncorpSkl" tag="skPUKnwPsi"/>
    <tag group="Helper" tag="TrainOnly"/>
    <bootstrap thing="skPUAhypno"></bootstrap>
    <bootstrap thing="skPUKnwPsi"></bootstrap>
    <link linkage="skillattr" thing="aINT"/>
    </thing>
To have any chance of getting the next release out today I have to stop messing with this. So any help Mathias or Aaron would be appreciated. For now I will mark this up as a known issue that the 3PP Classes and Skills will not work with "Unchained Consolidated Skills".....

Thanks!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 3rd, 2015, 02:25 PM
Are those skills set to a uniqueness of unique? If so, set them to useronce. That's a change I needed to make to all the user-added skills in order to get consolidated skills to work.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 3rd, 2015, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Are those skills set to a uniqueness of unique? If so, set them to useronce. That's a change I needed to make to all the user-added skills in order to get consolidated skills to work.
Cool yep that fixes that issue.

Next question then is about source or controlling when displayed. So I have this new "Psionics" skill source marked to "Ultimate Psionics" and what happens then is that "Psionics" appears even when Consolidated Skills is turned off.

I can source mark it instead to "PUConsSkil" but then it will always appear when "Consolidate Skills" is turned on. Which can be wrong if a person is not play Psionics but one of the other 3PP books. I don't know of anyway of having something not appear unless two source are turned on.

So my one thought here is to add this script to the "Psionics" skill so it hides itself.
Code:
if (hero.tagis[source.PUConsSkil] = 0) then
   perform assign[Hide.Skill]
endif
I have no idea if that will cause issues though with other Mechanics...

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 3rd, 2015, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
So my one thought here is to add this script to the "Psionics" skill so it hides itself.
Code:
if (hero.tagis[source.PUConsSkil] = 0) then
   perform assign[Hide.Skill]
endif
I have no idea if that will cause issues though with other Mechanics...
Never mind on using this. Doing the above causes Autohypnosis and Knowledge (Psionics) skills to once again be no longer displayed as normal skills.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 3rd, 2015, 06:08 PM
Try this - set the sources to require psionics, and then add a containerreq that requires consolidated skills - that should make it require both.
Mathias is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 3rd, 2015, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Try this - set the sources to require psionics, and then add a containerreq that requires consolidated skills - that should make it require both.
Nice! Never used a conterreq before. Have to remember that one.

Thanks!

Didn't make it in for this months release but it will be next. And gives me time to work through the different 3PP Class skills.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 16th, 2015, 12:46 PM
So I had a ticket open regarding an error I am getting with the new Unchained Consolidated skills. But it got closed but the issue remains. Hollis just kept saying he could not duplicate the issue. Even after I gave him the link to download the 3PP Pack.

If anyone has the community Packs installed and activates "Unchained Consolidated Skills" a large list of errors display.
Code:
Attempt to access pick or thing information when no context exists
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'mechConsSk' (Eval Script '#1') near line 17
- - -
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'mechConsSk' (Eval Script '#1') near line 19
- - -
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'mechConsSk' (Eval Script '#1') near line 20
- - -
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'mechConsSk' (Eval Script '#1') near line 22
- - -
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'mechConsSk' (Eval Script '#1') near line 23
- - -
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'mechConsSk' (Eval Script '#1') near line 24
- - -
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'mechConsSk' (Eval Script '#1') near line 25
- - -
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'mechConsSk' (Eval Script '#1') near line 26
- - -
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'mechConsSk' (Eval Script '#1') near line 27
- - -
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'mechConsSk' (Eval Script '#1') near line 29
Could maybe Mathias or Aaron be nice enough to show me the code snippet at the above lines? I am trying to figure out what about the custom Skills in the 3PP Pack causes this error to happen. I am not asking for LW to make any changes but I need more info on "WHY" this is happening so I can fix it. I have already spent a good hour plus trying to narrow it down without any luck.

So a little help would be greatly appreciated.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 16th, 2015, 01:00 PM
It's just a bunch of appenddescs for various abilities affected by consolidated skills.

First 10000
Code:
      ~modified text for racial abilities
      #appenddesc[raGreed,"{b}Modification for the Consolidated Skills rules{/b}: Greed functions the same way if the campaign uses background skills; otherwise, its bonus instead applies to Spellcraft checks to identify magic items that contain precious metals or gemstones."]
      #appenddesc[raKeenSens,"{b}Modification for the Consolidated Skills rules{/b}: Keen senses grants a +1 bonus on Perception checks."]
      #appenddesc[raGnObsess,"{b}Modification for the Consolidated Skills rules{/b}: Obsessive functions the same way if the campaign uses background skills; otherwise, it instead grants a +1 bonus on the character’s choice of Perform or Spellcraft checks."]
      #appenddesc[raHOIntim,"{b}Modification for the Consolidated Skills rules{/b}: Intimidating applies only to Influence checks to demoralize or intimidate."]
      #appenddesc[raHlSureFo,"{b}Modification for the Consolidated Skills rules{/b}: Sure-footed grants a +1 racial bonus on Acrobatics and Athletics checks."]

~modified text for classes
      #appenddesc[cAlcAlchem,"{b}Modification for the Consolidated Skills rules{/b}: Because the consolidated skills system removes Craft skills by default, the GM should either treat the alchemist’s Craft (alchemy) bonus as though it were equal to his character level + his Intelligence modifier + 3 or use the background skills system."]
      #appenddesc[cBbnRage,"{b}Modification for the Consolidated Skills rules{/b}: The Acrobatics skill and the intimidate function of Influence can be used while raging."]
      #appenddesc[cBrdPerfor,"{b}Modification for the Consolidated Skills rules{/b}: Note that Performance applies to all types of performance, rather than being broken down like the core Perform skills."]
      #appenddesc[cBrdKnow,"{b}Modification for the Consolidated Skills rules{/b}: Bardic knowledge adds 1/2 the bard’s class level (minimum 1) on all Nature, Religion, Society, and Spellcraft checks, and the bard can attempt checks with these skills untrained."]
      #appenddesc[cBrdLore,"{b}Modification for the Consolidated Skills rules{/b}: Lore master applies to Nature, Religion, Society, and Spellcraft checks."]
      #appenddesc[cBlrRage,"{b}Modification for the Consolidated Skills rules{/b}: The Acrobatics skill and the intimidate function of Influence can be used while bloodraging."]
      #appenddesc[cDrdNature,"{b}Modification for the Consolidated Skills rules{/b}: Nature sense instead grants a +1 bonus on Nature and Survival checks."]
      #appenddesc[cHunMonkey,"{b}Modification for the Consolidated Skills rules{/b}: The bonus from the monkey aspect applies only to Athletics checks to climb."]
      #appenddesc[cInqSternG,"{b}Modification for the Consolidated Skills rules{/b}: Stern gaze grants the inquisitor a bonus on Influence checks to intimidate and on Perception checks to sense motive."]
      #appenddesc[cInvInspir,"{b}Modification for the Consolidated Skills rules{/b}: The investigator’s ability to apply inspiration without expending uses applies to Nature, Religion, Society, and Spellcraft checks (he must still be trained in the skill)."]
      #appenddesc[cInvKeenRe,"{b}Modification for the Consolidated Skills rules{/b}: Keen recollection applies to Nature, Religion, Society, and Spellcraft checks."]
      #appenddesc[cRogTrapfn,"{b}Modification for the Consolidated Skills rules{/b}: The trapfinding bonus applies to both Perception checks to locate traps and Finesse checks to disable traps. A rogue can use Finesse to disable magical traps."]
      #appenddesc[cInvDevTal,"{b}Modification for the Consolidated Skills rules{/b}: Device talent allows the investigator to use Spellcraft untrained, but has no effect if the investigator is trained in Spellcraft."]
      #appenddesc[cInvEmpath,"{b}Modification for the Consolidated Skills rules{/b}: Empathy applies only when the investigator uses Perception to sense motive."]
      #appenddesc[cInvExpIns,"{b}Modification for the Consolidated Skills rules{/b}: Expanded inspiration can be used with Perception and Survival checks."]
      #appenddesc[cInvInsExp,"{b}Modification for the Consolidated Skills rules{/b}: Inspirational expertise applies when the investigator identifies a monster’s special powers or vulnerabilities using whichever skill is appropriate."]
      #appenddesc[cInvIntIns,"{b}Modification for the Consolidated Skills rules{/b}: Inspired intelligence applies to Nature, Religion, Society, and Spellcraft checks."]
      #appenddesc[cInvUndIns,"{b}Modification for the Consolidated Skills rules{/b}: Underworld inspiration applies to Finesse and Influence checks."]
      #appenddesc[cRogSkillM,"{b}Modification for the Consolidated Skills rules{/b}: The skill mastery talent applies to a number of skills equal to 1 + 1/2 the rogue’s Intelligence modifier. It can still be taken multiple times."]
      #appenddesc[cSklSong,"{b}Modification for the Consolidated Skills rules{/b}: Note that Performance applies to all types of performance, rather than being broken down like the core Perform skills."]
      #appenddesc[cSklInsRag,"{b}Modification for the Consolidated Skills rules{/b}: The Acrobatics skill and the intimidate function of Influence can be used while in an inspired rage."]
      #appenddesc[cSlaFavTar,"{b}Modification for the Consolidated Skills rules{/b}: The studied target bonus applies to Influence checks to bluff, Perception checks, and Survival checks against the studied target."]
      #appenddesc[cSlaStalke,"{b}Modification for the Consolidated Skills rules{/b}: The stalker bonus applies to Influence checks to intimidate a creature, Perform checks to use a disguise, and Stealth checks."]
      #appenddesc[cSlaFoiScr,"{b}Modification for the Consolidated Skills rules{/b}: Foil scrutiny applies to Influence checks to bluff a creature and Perform checks to use a disguise."]
      #appenddesc[cSlaTrapfi,"{b}Modification for the Consolidated Skills rules{/b}: Trapfinding grants Finesse as a class skill. The bonus from trapfinding applies to both Perception checks to locate traps and Finesse checks to disable traps. A slayer with trapfinding can use Finesse to disable magical traps."]
      #appenddesc[cSwsDaring,"{b}Modification for the Consolidated Skills rules{/b}: Derring-do can be used on Acrobatics and Athletics checks."]
      #appenddesc[cSwsEdge,"{b}Modification for the Consolidated Skills rules{/b}: Swashbuckler’s edge can be used on Acrobatics and Athletics checks."]
      #appenddesc[cWitFlight,"{b}Modification for the Consolidated Skills rules{/b}: The bonus from the flight hex is a +4 racial bonus on Athletics checks to swim."]
I don't think it should matter for appenddesc, but does the community stuff replace any of the targetted abilities on those lines? If you change things so that the targetted ability is not replaced, does that portion of the error no longer get reported? If it turns out it does matter, that may or may not be a bug, I'd have to talk to Colen about it.
Aaron is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 16th, 2015, 01:11 PM
First thank you very much Aaron for trying help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
It's just a bunch of appenddescs for various abilities affected by consolidated skills.
That is very strange as I didn't expect basic appenddesc logic.. hmmm

Quote:
I don't think it should matter for appenddesc, but does the community stuff replace any of the targetted abilities on those lines?
I try and be very careful about letting anything Replace something in the community stuff. I know the occasional one sneaks in but I try and prevent it. I checked all those unique ID's and none are doing a Replace ID. Very few are even in use actually and if in use it's like basic bootstraps or using a #value[] macro or #hasability[] macro.

Quote:
If you change things so that the targeted ability is not replaced, does that portion of the error no longer get reported? If it turns out it does matter, that may or may not be a bug, I'd have to talk to Colen about it.
Well.... Umm back to trying to debug this I guess. I hopped seeing what that script did would point me in the right direction but it doesn't.

This makes no sense right now on why it would care.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 16th, 2015, 01:20 PM
So I have been able to duplicate this problem finally in my CORE game system that has NOT a single .user file running.

So Aaron turn on ONLY the following licenses: APG, Ultimate Combat, Ultimate Magic, and Pathfinder Unchained.

Then turn on "Consolidated" skills and BOOM the errors appear. The Appenddesc is going against Things that do NOT exist in memory. In example thingid.cHunMonkey does not exist which is line 17 of the script above.

So turns out my 3PP game system just happened to have the right licenses turned on for this error to happen. So I am not crazy...

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote