Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

kbs666

Old February 8th, 2017, 01:24 PM
You could always not but Paizo's products but buy other products on the CM. Razor Coast is well thought of for instance.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 8th, 2017, 01:35 PM
Evening everyone!

I understand the pricing details may have upset a few of you, but let's all try to get along. The Content Market has its ups and downs and there are plenty of aspects about it we all love, as well as those we dislike. These items may be different for each person. And that's OK! We still have to work within the confines of our license. There are many of our customers who would prefer to have the content in some way rather than not at all.

The good news is we are going to keep working as hard as we can to make sure all our customers have the items they want from various companies. It may take longer for some than others, but we will get there!

Dhrakken,

You have to make the decision that's best for you, and we respect that. We wish you the best and hope to see you again one day. But in the end, we don't get to choose how other companies handle the licensing of their content. What you COULD do is continue to use Realm Works for the amazing campaign management tool it is and support LWD through the purchase of third party or system neutral content. If you choose not to do that, we still understated, and wish you the best.
BJ is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old February 8th, 2017, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrakken View Post
Wow, way to totally misrepresent what I said.... I have no issues paying LWD for their part. It should be obvious that my issue is with repurchasing Paizo material that I already own in order to be able to access the RW content market... hardcopy vs pdf's...

Why do I feel like I was just trolled here?
How would you like Paizo to handle it? What is your solution? How about for someone that re-purchases a used copy of a book, what do they do? Give Paizo some options that work.

One thought maybe a page can be torn out of a book and mailed to Paizo for credit?
Toblakai is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old February 8th, 2017, 07:27 PM
No one wants to rip up their books
Bidmaron is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old February 8th, 2017, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
No one wants to rip up their books
Then how does a person who owns a paper version of a book get credit for it? Give Paizo a way to do it for existing book owners.
Toblakai is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old February 8th, 2017, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy277 View Post
I have to say, I think it's hugely unfair to penalize people who buy hard copies of Paizo's books over the PDFs.
They're not penalizing anyone. They're allowing people who already own the digital content a discount. If they didn't, then we would all likely be paying the RW+pdf price, if not higher, to cover the cost of the license. You're telling me you would be happy with the higher price if it didn't come with a pdf?
Mystic Lemur is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
Billy277

Old February 8th, 2017, 10:03 PM
Quite frankly, I would be happy if the requirement didn't exist at all. I know Paizo is at fault, not LWD. But it makes it very frustrating for long-time hard-copy buyers like me.
Billy277 is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old February 8th, 2017, 10:34 PM
It's all going to come down to money vs time. Those that don't want to pony up the cash, then I guess they are going to have to pony up the time by entering the data themself. What's more valuable to you, money or your time?
Viking2054 is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old February 8th, 2017, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking2054 View Post
It's all going to come down to money vs time. Those that don't want to pony up the cash, then I guess they are going to have to pony up the time by entering the data themself. What's more valuable to you, money or your time?
I will buy, I just don't have anywhere near the time to enter info into RW, would much rather be playing that doing data entry. Assuming they come out before we finish them I will be getting the following AP; Rise of the Runelords, Serpents Skull, Giant Slayer, Wrath of the Righteous, Shattered Star, Strange Aeons I will also buy Dragon's Demand, mostly just to see what a professional RW module looks like.

I currently don't see any need for any of the core books/supplements. My group also does not play with any 3PP, though if I can talk my players into being evil (Have some players that find it not really to their taste) I may buy Way of the Wicked. I am really hoping AP's are the next thing coming to the content market, hopefully the new StarFinder AP too.
Toblakai is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old February 9th, 2017, 02:56 AM
Deleted

Last edited by Pollution; February 17th, 2017 at 03:36 AM.
Pollution is offline   #60 Reply With Quote