Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

Glirhuin

Old September 6th, 2012, 02:55 AM
Hi there,

When I add a Chieftain and equip him with a Armour of Silvered Steel, his Armor Save bonus change from 5+ to 4+. It should change from 5+ to 2+, no ?

Thanks,
Glirhuin
Glirhuin is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old September 6th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirhuin View Post
Hi there,

When I add a Chieftain and equip him with a Armour of Silvered Steel, his Armor Save bonus change from 5+ to 4+. It should change from 5+ to 2+, no ?

Thanks,
Glirhuin
This was a previously reported bug that was fixed according to this post http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12819. It has also been listed in many other threads if using the search function but was working properly at some point in time in the past.
I have no idea why it has reappeared but something must have been changed in either the magic item or the Skaven file.

The bug, which also appears on the Skaven warlord (I just checked) comes from the chieftain and the warlord both coming with heavy armor and the way their coding interacts with the Armors coding.

Hopefully Ultra can get this straightened out again post haste.

Last edited by Yobtar; September 6th, 2012 at 08:36 AM.
Yobtar is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to UltraPrime

Old September 6th, 2012, 09:39 AM
I'll sort this again. Probably something to do with my PC exploding...

If you can keep your head while all about you are loosing their's, then you have probably completely misunderstood the situation.

WFB Armies: High Elves (4,500), Orcs & Goblins (6,000) and Daemons of Chaos (6,000)
40K Armies: Ultramarines (6,500), Blood Angels (7,000), Dark Angels (4,000), Imperial Guard (3,500), Orks (4,500), Tyranids (4,000), Dark Eldar (2,500) and Tau Empire (2,500)
UltraPrime is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old September 6th, 2012, 10:10 AM
You let the smoke escape your computer?

Guess you didnt know they run on smoke?

Once it escapes you gotta go get a new one!
Yobtar is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old September 20th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirhuin View Post
Hi there,

Thanks,
Glirhuin
Any luck with this fix yet?

/bump

Last edited by Yobtar; September 25th, 2012 at 05:29 PM.
Yobtar is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old October 23rd, 2012, 05:43 PM
/bump to draw UltraPrime's attention
Yobtar is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime

Old October 23rd, 2012, 10:37 PM
Arghhhh! I did this, why is it not working again? Back to the drawing board!

If you can keep your head while all about you are loosing their's, then you have probably completely misunderstood the situation.

WFB Armies: High Elves (4,500), Orcs & Goblins (6,000) and Daemons of Chaos (6,000)
40K Armies: Ultramarines (6,500), Blood Angels (7,000), Dark Angels (4,000), Imperial Guard (3,500), Orks (4,500), Tyranids (4,000), Dark Eldar (2,500) and Tau Empire (2,500)
UltraPrime is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime

Old October 23rd, 2012, 11:15 PM
Story time!

Now, I knew I'd addressed this problem in the past, but it wasn't specifically for Skaven. I fixed the issue, and checked it was working properly on a few armies. When it seemed to be working, I smiled and moved on. Skaven, being near the bottom of the list of armies, was never reached, but I assumed if it was working with others, there would be no reason it didn't work for them.

What it boiled down to was how AB was dealing with preselected armour. For everyone except the Skaven Warlord and Chieftain, it gave the no armour save unless the preselected armour was selected, so when a different piece of armour was selected this line of code was ignored. But not our two Skaven friends! For some reason, their code was the reverse - the preselected armour save was hard-coded into their stats, and it was modified if another piece of armour was selected.

This simple reversal of stats conflicted with how the Armour of Silvered Steel was implemented, causing an error with just these two characters.

Short version - it works now, just re-download the file

UltraPrime is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old October 24th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrime View Post
Story time!

Now, I knew I'd addressed this problem in the past, but it wasn't specifically for Skaven. I fixed the issue, and checked it was working properly on a few armies. When it seemed to be working, I smiled and moved on. Skaven, being near the bottom of the list of armies, was never reached, but I assumed if it was working with others, there would be no reason it didn't work for them.

What it boiled down to was how AB was dealing with preselected armour. For everyone except the Skaven Warlord and Chieftain, it gave the no armour save unless the preselected armour was selected, so when a different piece of armour was selected this line of code was ignored. But not our two Skaven friends! For some reason, their code was the reverse - the preselected armour save was hard-coded into their stats, and it was modified if another piece of armour was selected.

This simple reversal of stats conflicted with how the Armour of Silvered Steel was implemented, causing an error with just these two characters.

Short version - it works now, just re-download the file
You, SIR, are the man!
Yobtar is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old October 30th, 2012, 08:59 PM
The armour of silvered steel bug has been fixed but now warlords and chieftains are starting out with a 4+ armor save. Should be 5+ for just heavy armor.
Also their armor saves are not being shown in the unit panel listed above the list.
Yobtar is offline   #20 Reply With Quote