Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

nightpanda2810

Old December 4th, 2017, 08:05 AM
Trying to create some of my own trackers for various things, in this case style points my DM hands out for cool stuff. they're similar to hero points.

Can anyone tell me how to do this? I've done it a crude way in the form of trackable items, but would rather have it auto-add for characters.
nightpanda2810 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old December 4th, 2017, 10:11 AM
Sure, just make the tracker/ability have Helper.Bootstrap, and I believe it should be added to all characters. Alternately, create a mechanic for your house rules and bootstrap the tracker to that, as all mechanics are automatically added to all characters.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 4th, 2017, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Sure, just make the tracker/ability have Helper.Bootstrap, and I believe it should be added to all characters. Alternately, create a mechanic for your house rules and bootstrap the tracker to that, as all mechanics are automatically added to all characters.
But these will be standard Trackers not a Hero Point tracker which I think has its own special UI features. Or at least I have never been able to duplicate that Hero Point UI in any useful way.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
nightpanda2810

Old December 4th, 2017, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
You totally lost me, lol. The custom trackers I've made are "items" I add to the character for that trackability, which works, but clutters up gear sections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
But these will be standard Trackers not a Hero Point tracker which I think has its own special UI features. Or at least I have never been able to duplicate that Hero Point UI in any useful way.
This makes sense. The Hero Point tracker is automatically at the top of the list. I tried copying hero points under Mechanics (Done this before for giving a free feat) but I can't figure out how to make a hero point category with a different name. The copy doesn't seem to do anything at all.
nightpanda2810 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote