Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TobyFox2002

Old May 29th, 2016, 06:15 AM
I get the same message, I don't know why, but if this is the only glitch with this update I'll be happy.

I will look into this and try and figure out whats going on. But I am confused.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
dereth66

Old May 29th, 2016, 06:58 AM
I got this to work on my windows computer, when i got the errors i couldn't find a forgotten realms update so i just downloaded the files form the xml file directly to my computer and installed it that way also removed all the original file before i added the new ones

Hope this may help.
dereth66 is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 29th, 2016, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radionausea View Post
just updated and i'm getting this error message:
The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: Forgotten Realms.1st (line 222) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('pPrecDeity')
File: Forgotten Realms.1st (line 230) - Source - Duplicate record encountered ('pPrecRaces')
@TobyFox2002 did you rename the .1st file at all? I mean even ONE character difference like a space? If you did the original .1st file will still be present as HL installer does NOT automatically rename files.

So in example if the original file was called "ForgottenRealms.1st" (no space) and you renamed it to "Forgotten Realms.1st" (with a space). Then when installed the person has two files with the same Unique ID's in the data folder. Which matches to the above error messages.

Unless you get into what is called "Empty" files you can't NOT rename a file once its been released into the wild.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old May 29th, 2016, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
@TobyFox2002 did you rename the .1st file at all? I mean even ONE character difference like a space? If you did the original .1st file will still be present as HL installer does NOT automatically rename files.

So in example if the original file was called "ForgottenRealms.1st" (no space) and you renamed it to "Forgotten Realms.1st" (with a space). Then when installed the person has two files with the same Unique ID's in the data folder. Which matches to the above error messages.

Unless you get into what is called "Empty" files you can't NOT rename a file once its been released into the wild.
I have renamed nothing. Not a single file. I have renamed a few unique ID's in this update, but I kept the original with the OBSOLETE tag. And none of those have anything to do with forgotten realms.

There is an issue with herolabs incorrectly flagging the Forgotten Realms download pack as needing an update. And when you try and update it it tries to tell you that the current file is newer than the update.

And unless you manually try and update some people have reported that the Forgotten Realms files do not show they need an update. I am working on that as best I can but I from my end everything looks fine.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 29th, 2016, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
I have renamed nothing. Not a single file.
Ok well then maybe its old file. But radionausea issue is related to having two files with the same exact unique ID's. Maybe its an old file that was from before then.

Quote:
There is an issue with herolabs incorrectly flagging the Forgotten Realms download pack as needing an update. And when you try and update it it tries to tell you that the current file is newer than the update.
This type of issue means that you have a difference in version ID's from what is in the .hl file to what is in the updates.xml file. The two must stay in sync to work correctly.

Quote:
And unless you manually try and update some people have reported that the Forgotten Realms files do not show they need an update. I am working on that as best I can but I from my end everything looks fine.
I would double check that the version number in the .hl matches exactly to the version number in the updates.xml.

Taking a quick look your updates.xml says FR is v3.0 but the actual .hl I download is v2.2. The comments all say 3.1 but your version values that HL actually reads are way off.

You will need to re-create the .hl file to be version 3.1 and change the updates.xml file to be matching version 3.1.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old May 29th, 2016, 10:17 AM
I don't know why the updater was doing that. I didn't change anything. Nothing needed changing. All I did was open the files, re-save them and re-upload them. (for a third time.) and it worked.

Regardless the ForgottenRealms update material should be good. If you see it still needs to be updated try it one last time.

Hopefully this is my only significant issue for this release. Have fun and happy holidays!

Quote:
Taking a quick look your updates.xml says FR is v3.0 but the actual .hl I download is v2.2. The comments all say 3.1 but your version values that HL actually reads are way off.
Dark Sun is 2.2. Faerun isn't listed anywhere in my files as 2.2.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 29th, 2016, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Dark Sun is 2.2. Faerun isn't listed anywhere in my files as 2.2.
FR file was 2.2 I didn't look at any other file. I just looked at it again and the new file appears fixed as it is 3.1.

Your updates.xml file is still saying FR is v3.0 not v3.1 so no one will be notified to update. Sorry...

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old May 29th, 2016, 11:17 AM
I don't know whats going on. I am terribly sorry to all those out there who are having trouble. I am working hard to fix it. I do not have an ETA. I will let you know when I do.

All files are available to upload but for some reason Forgotten Realms is no longer showing.

I hate looking like a fool
TobyFox2002 is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 29th, 2016, 11:21 AM
Quote:
I don't know whats going on. I am terribly sorry to all those out there who are having trouble. I am working hard to fix it. I do not have an ETA. I will let you know when I do.

All files are available to upload but for some reason Forgotten Realms is no longer showing.

I hate looking like a fool
Being that this is all new area of HL I don't think anyone is thinking that. Working with updates stuff is very easy to accidentally get out of sync. I know I have done it a bunch of times in the past for the community stuff.

Its easy to forget to change "one" thing and boom out of sync....

Just a learning curve here is all and it will get better each time you do it.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
psych777

Old May 29th, 2016, 12:52 PM
yeah not callin ya names at all. just lettin ya know the issues we find
psych777 is offline   #60 Reply With Quote