Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Sendric

Old January 12th, 2015, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I honestly don't know. I know they where not equip-able in Pathfinder but maybe they where in d20 so you can pick which was the Primary attack and which the 'secondary' attack? I don't recall doing anything in the area of weapons so not sure why this would suddenly change.
Probably just my memory being wonky then. Thanks.
Sendric is offline   #41
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old January 12th, 2015, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Can you provide some examples or .user files that have this issue? I can't duplicate it and that is not how it was intended to work. In example add a Ring of Three wishes and you get "only" 3/uses to display on the In-Play tab.
Make a wizard and add a familiar. Go to the In-Play tab and you will see not only that the check-boxes for a familiar exist, but it has a 0/0 charges as well. At least that is what is happening with mine. Maybe it doesn't occur for magic items, but it is for non-magical item things.

Quote:
You are correct. But I don't remember go anywhere near BaseWep component that I recall during the last update. So I don't know why this suddenly changed.
Not sure if it pre-existed your changes or not. I do recall it was working correctly at one point. Maybe something to inform Colen about, might be a code level change.
Kendall-DM is offline   #42
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 18th, 2015, 09:46 AM
Fix Notes for v5.4:

1) I found the "Unarmed Strike" incorrect damage bug and backtracked it to a change I did 5/27/2014 to fix the "Size Change" adjustment. Its fixed now and will be in the next release.

2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf147 View Post
When loading the Angel, Solar up as a new character, I get this error message:
Attempt to access transaction pick from script when no transaction context exists Locaion: ‘creation’ script for Component ‘BaseWep’ near line 17
I have looked into this issue and found its not an issue in the d20 files. The issue is that the community bootstrapped magic weapons to the Solar race. This causes the error to get tossed. I even tested this in Pathfinder and I get the exact same issue. Non-Natural weapons should not be bootstrapped to a race (Mathias has said this many times also). The better way is to correctly create a .por file for the monster and give it its "default" weapons and other gear. This allows others to easily customize a race for there games. Next step is to then move the .por file into a .stock file that can be distributed in the community download. This then would allow the "Hero Lab" encounter builder to find the race and import it even. Sense the "gear" is not bootstrapped a GM could then remove/change the gear easily then.

3) I made changes so that 0 charge abilities with the "Helper.ShowCharge" tag no longer display on the "In-Play" tab. I do recommend that Things should not be set with the "Helper.ShowCharge" if you don't actually have any charges to display.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; January 18th, 2015 at 11:03 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #43
Sendric

Old January 19th, 2015, 05:28 AM
Could be something to look into as an HL bug. As reported in the community set, there is a rule in the Monster Manual that does not seem to be getting properly handled with regards to Natural attacks.

From MM, pg 6:
Quote:
A creature’s primary attack damage includes its full Strength modifier (1-1/2 times its Strength bonus if the attack is with the creature’s sole natural weapon) and is given first. Secondary attacks add only 1/2 the creature’s Strength bonus and are given second in the parentheses.
For animals such as the wolf who only has a bite attack, the damage bonus from Strength does not appear to be getting the 1.5x multiplier. Not sure if this is something that should be fixed from within or if the community set should handle it. I'm open to either.
Sendric is offline   #44
ShadowChemosh

Old January 19th, 2015, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
For animals such as the wolf who only has a bite attack, the damage bonus from Strength does not appear to be getting the 1.5x multiplier. Not sure if this is something that should be fixed from within or if the community set should handle it. I'm open to either.
If the creature is in HL then it should be fixed their. I am not sure about a global rule that says "one" natural attack and it gets 1.5x. I would need to double check Pathfinder as its the same there and see how its handled. Just so I stay within LW "standards".

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; January 19th, 2015 at 10:16 AM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #45
TobyFox2002

Old January 19th, 2015, 02:48 PM
I have a question regarding the CR of monsters and hero labs, and how accurate it is (considering that challenge rating is rather imprecise thing).

I know there is a field for it, field[rCR].value found on races, but it doesn't seem to be visible as an option on tempates. Furthermore, in the books CR progresses differently depending on what racial HD, classes, special abilities and even sometimes powerful weapons are chosen.

So the question is, how is the overall total CR of a creature calculated inside of hero labs. Is a solely a factor of how many HD + whatever racial + templated modifications or does it actually count +1 HD per xx racial hd and fly is +2 CR and so forth?
TobyFox2002 is offline   #46
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old January 20th, 2015, 09:57 AM
Quote:
3) I made changes so that 0 charge abilities with the "Helper.ShowCharge" tag no longer display on the "In-Play" tab. I do recommend that Things should not be set with the "Helper.ShowCharge" if you don't actually have any charges to display.
The point I was trying to make, is that we used to have the ability to set one or the other or both. Now it doesn't have that ability anymore, which is a downgrade on flexibility.

I have to script to apply/remove the relevant tags. I can make due, I'm just not sure I'd call this an 'upgrade' from the previous functionality, IMHO.
Kendall-DM is offline   #47
ShadowChemosh

Old January 20th, 2015, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
The point I was trying to make, is that we used to have the ability to set one or the other or both. Now it doesn't have that ability anymore, which is a downgrade on flexibility.

I have to script to apply/remove the relevant tags. I can make due, I'm just not sure I'd call this an 'upgrade' from the previous functionality, IMHO.
Helper.ShowCharges "SHOWED" everything (Tracked Resources and Activated Abilities). Now the background component figures out what to apply. So if you have 'Helper.ShowCharges' you are saying "Show on Tracked Resources Tab". If you type in a text into the activated Ability section (one or two) it shows on the "Activated Ability" section.

I am confused on how this is a "less" when you have more options. What are you trying to accomplish that is now harder? The goal is to make this like Pathfinder that has allot more flexibility than d20 currently does.

Help me understand so that I can in turn help you guys. You listed that it was showing "0/0" charges which I agree was a "bug".

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #48
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old January 20th, 2015, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Helper.ShowCharges "SHOWED" everything (Tracked Resources and Activated Abilities). Now the background component figures out what to apply. So if you have 'Helper.ShowCharges' you are saying "Show on Tracked Resources Tab". If you type in a text into the activated Ability section (one or two) it shows on the "Activated Ability" section.

I am confused on how this is a "less" when you have more options. What are you trying to accomplish that is now harder? The goal is to make this like Pathfinder that has allot more flexibility than d20 currently does.

Help me understand so that I can in turn help you guys. You listed that it was showing "0/0" charges which I agree was a "bug".
Some of my tracked resources 'broke' when the upgrade occurred. Maybe I was doing something tricky that I may have forgotten. All I know is that some of my tracked resources that I was using aren't showing up anymore. I "think" I was showing them in the tracked resources along with the charges (side by side) so I didn't have any activation text associated with it, since the charged ability itself was enough to describe the activation. I think that they are now listed in separate sections (the charges and the check box for activation), so the one's I had previously not put text into for the activation check box just disappeared on me.

I had thought that functionality was missing, I didn't understand that by putting activation text for the check box would make it show up. I was under the impression I would have to add a tag to my specials. I think I just misunderstood the change. It makes more sense to me now, but I still have to make quite a few changes to my stuff to get it all working again.
Kendall-DM is offline   #49
ShadowChemosh

Old January 20th, 2015, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
Some of my tracked resources 'broke' when the upgrade occurred. Maybe I was doing something tricky that I may have forgotten. All I know is that some of my tracked resources that I was using aren't showing up anymore. I "think" I was showing them in the tracked resources along with the charges (side by side) so I didn't have any activation text associated with it, since the charged ability itself was enough to describe the activation. I think that they are now listed in separate sections (the charges and the check box for activation), so the one's I had previously not put text into for the activation check box just disappeared on me.

I had thought that functionality was missing, I didn't understand that by putting activation text for the check box would make it show up. I was under the impression I would have to add a tag to my specials. I think I just misunderstood the change. It makes more sense to me now, but I still have to make quite a few changes to my stuff to get it all working again.
I am sorry to say this is the "bad" of the "good" of new enhancements. Basically things are going to be changing and the way you where use to things working will be different. I dread each end of month as Pathfinder gets a new update. New features also means new things that break or work different.

My only advice is "don't" upgrade on game day or especially an "hour" before the game. Wait until after the game.

Last thing is I am more than willing to work with the community. But I need "details" with examples of .user files or XML or something. Also if you have suggestions when your making changes post and I will do my best to fit something in especially if it makes it better for everyone.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #50
Closed Thread