Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Sevisin

Old December 28th, 2015, 09:10 PM
Hello,

I'm building the Prestige Paladin class from Unearthed Arcana. There are two things I need some assistance with.

One, Requirement: Spellcasting: Ability to cast {i}Protection From Evil{/i} as a divine spell.

Two, Spells per Day: A prestige paladin's training focuses on divine spellcasting. At every odd-numbered level reached, the prestige paladin gains new spells per day as if he had also gained a level in whatever divine spellcasting class he belonged to before he added the prestige class.

Thanks,

-S
Sevisin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old December 28th, 2015, 09:45 PM
1. Protection from Evil is a 1st level spell. [Class level tab] A "Expr-req" of 1st level Divine caster will cover that.

eg: tagcount[Hero.Divine] >= 1+1

2. [Class tab] You can add new spells per day with the "Extra Magic / Power Levels" button

Take a look at some of the prestige classes from "Complete Divine" in the community content. This can guide you setting up the class.

Last edited by Dami; December 28th, 2015 at 09:50 PM.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sevisin

Old December 29th, 2015, 08:39 PM
@Dami
Thank you for the reply.

I must have over-thought things in terms of the Protection From Evil thing. I guess there is a unique tag for that spell in the divine school.

I didn't even think about looking in Complete Divine. Thanks for the tip.

I know a lot of this is elementary, but I can't locate an API for me to dissect to properly get the information to create the appropriate code. I'm not an expert scripter/programmer so my knowledge is limited. I appreciate the assistance.

-S
Sevisin is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old December 29th, 2015, 10:49 PM
Nearly all of us are learning as we go - I class myself as a beginner! In HeroLab itself, under the Help tab, you can access a Manual, Tutorial and FAQ. Also on YouTube there are some video tutorials.
If you have questions about how to do something, just ask!
Dami is offline   #4 Reply With Quote