Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 2nd, 2018, 02:46 PM
This update adds two new books - Complete Trog and Book of the Lost to our existing Sourcebook #3 bundle. You can purchase that bundle here: Sourcebook bundle #3. That bundle already contains several other books - Shadows in Focus: Metrópole, Shadows in Focus: San Francisco, and Cutting Aces.

Also, we've gotten a chance to update Shadowrun for the official errata that's been released for the core rulebook and Run Faster.

Here's the full change list for this update:
New Releases!

• Content from Book of the Lost is now available in the supplements #3 package! You can purchase this by choosing "Purchase Data Package" from the License menu.
  • Content from Complete Trog is now available in the supplements #3 package! You can purchase this by choosing "Purchase Data Package" from the License menu.
Enhancements & Changes

• Core Rulebook Errata that are currently "Official" as of 6/28/18 have been applied in Hero Lab. If you are using a Technomancer, note that this creates some significant changes - the number of free skills from your Priority choice has been increased, along with a wider list of skills to apply them to, the number of free complex forms from your Priority choice has been increased, the maximum number of complex forms that can be learned at character creation has changed (from Logic * 1 to Resonance * 2), and the Fading values of most core rulebook complex forms have been decreased. The changes to the free skills and forms from the Heritage may mean that some characters will need to use the "Unlock Character Creation Details To Allocate Starting Resources" button at the bottom of the Advances tab in order to spend skill points/free forms that have now become available.
  • Run Faster errata that are currently "Official" as of 6/28/18 have been applied in Hero Lab.
Bug Fixes

• The Shock Mage quality was missing its cost.
  • The free spell slots added by the Dedicated Spellslinger quality were not being counted properly when determining how many spells karma should be paid for.
  • The Dedicated Spellslinger's discount for aspected magicians was not being taken into account when determining whether the Romani tradition could select it as its free mastery quality.
  • Dedicated Spellslinger was not applying its discount to spells added during advancement.
  • The Dedicated Spellslinger quality was forbidding the character from selecting any Conjuring skill, but should only forbid Summoning and Binding (Banishing is still allowed).
  • The Dedicated Conjurer quality was forbidding the character from selecting any Sorcery skill, but should only forbid Spellcasting (Counterspelling and Ritual Spellcasting are still allowed).
  • The Drain code of the Rosebush spell was listed as F-2, but should be F+2.
  • The Dual-natured Defender quality was adding a point to Notoriety.
  • Because the drain resistance of the Druid tradition changed from Willpower + Intelligence in Street Grimoire to Willpower + Charisma in Forbidden Arcana, some users may wish to use the older version on existing characters, so it has been added back in. Existing characters who wish to switch to the Street Grimoire should use the "Unlock Character Creation Details To Allocate Starting Resources" button at the bottom of the Advances tab, change the tradition on the Magic tab, and then return to advancement mode on the Advances tab.
  • The Resistance to Toxins/Pathogens quality, Implant-Induced Immune Deficiency Quality, and the Resistance: Toxins and Pathogens +2 metatype ability were implemented as toxin protection bonuses or penalties, suggesting that toxins with a penetration rating, like Seven-7 could bypass them, but the phrasing of their rules is that they are dicepool modifiers for toxin and disease resistance.
  • On the printout for a character with more stun damage boxes than physical damage boxes, some of the stun section could get cut off, because the height of that section was set to only be as tall as the physical damage boxes section needed.
  • When calculating how to spend karma to handle overspent skills, if something like the School of Hard Knocks quality was altering the skill costs, the display of the cost listed on that skill (and the more detailed explanations available by moving your mouse over the skill's cost) were not displaying correctly.
  • The Oak mentor spirit's Strength and Body prerequisites were not properly implemented, and would only be satisfied if Str and Bod were both 4 (but not over 4).
Data File Authoring

• -
Mathias is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Just Pete

Old July 7th, 2018, 08:26 PM
Dedicated Spellslinger free spells still does not work for me. The adjustment for changing the number of free spells also does not work. Is it working for anyone else?
Just Pete is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old July 8th, 2018, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Pete View Post
Dedicated Spellslinger free spells still does not work for me. The adjustment for changing the number of free spells also does not work. Is it working for anyone else?
If you have a bug report for Shadowrun 5th edition:

http://www.wolflair.com/redirect/bug...ect=shadowrun5

For Shadowrun 4th edition bugs:

http://www.wolflair.com/redirect/bug...ect=shadowrun4

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Just Pete

Old July 8th, 2018, 01:41 PM
Both links don't work.

My post was a response to the post saying that a particular bug was fixed - stating that it wasn't for me, and asking if anyone else could confirm. I prefer to confirm that it's not "just me" before I post a bug report.

Can you confirm that it doesn't work for you, either?

Edit - found the correct links, and posted a bug report anyway.

Last edited by Just Pete; July 8th, 2018 at 01:48 PM.
Just Pete is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowWalker

Old July 8th, 2018, 04:36 PM
They actually prefer people using the bug report even if they are unsure it's a bug.
ShadowWalker is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
manchuwook

Old July 21st, 2018, 03:46 PM
Thank You! I do appreciate your hard work for this update.

I am Jacks Matrix Action Custom Output - Grammarly Invite Code
manchuwook is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Korwin

Old August 10th, 2018, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Pete View Post
Little late, but for me it works (first increase spellcasting, then buy quality).
Korwin is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Just Pete

Old August 14th, 2018, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korwin View Post
Little late, but for me it works (first increase spellcasting, then buy quality).
Yeah, I found that it does work for the priority system, but not for the point-buy system. I submitted a bug report, and got the initial reply and request for example portfolios, but nothing since then. I'm being patient....
Just Pete is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old December 18th, 2018, 09:14 AM
so anyone left at lone wolf to update shadowrun herolab system?

anyone?
adzling is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old December 19th, 2018, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adzling View Post
so anyone left at lone wolf to update shadowrun herolab system?

anyone?
Bueller?

We only have one Data File Author who's versed in this, but at present, he's working on getting books updated.
Rone is offline   #10 Reply With Quote