Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

JesterOC

Old June 13th, 2019, 06:22 AM
Question: I see were it is mentioned that we get 180 days of server access for free. But I can't locate a price of server access after that? Anyone got the scoop?

One more quick thing, there is an option to link my classic account to this account...what is the benefit for doing so?
JesterOC is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
bruuuuuu

Old June 13th, 2019, 06:41 AM
The ongoing subscription rate is low (about $2 per month), but Lone Wolf aren't yet charging for server access, as they consider the software not-yet-ready-for-prime-time, so server access is on the house, at this point.
bruuuuuu is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
TheMaskedFerret

Old June 13th, 2019, 12:03 PM
Link yo HLC does nothing at this time, really.
TheMaskedFerret is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 13th, 2019, 05:44 PM
Subscriptions will be available for purchase soon after the Campaign Theater launch at months end. As previously advertised, the price for an annual subscription is just $24.99.

I've uploaded the preview video to youtube for our non social media users.

https://youtu.be/k780TeLW8Dc

As for the linking, it doesn't do much now. But when we bring over systems that already exist in Classic to the Online version it will allow you to mirror your purchases so you don't have to buy them twice.
BJ is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
JesterOC

Old June 14th, 2019, 11:59 AM
So if I order now, does the clock start August 1st? Or now. I really have no chance to be playing the game before the true rules come out, but I wouldn't mind paying early if there is no early purchase penalty.
JesterOC is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
JesterOC

Old June 16th, 2019, 07:30 AM
After rereading BJ's reply it seems that the at the end of June they will release a new feature that will signify that the developers consider the service complete enough to begin letting the clocks run out on the free 180 days of server time.

From that I would assume that would mean that if I purchased HLO now, approximately 45 of my 180 free days of use would have expired before the official PF2 release.
JesterOC is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old June 17th, 2019, 04:56 AM
The previously mentioned linking feature, where my VTT of choice (d20Pro, in my case, which has historically made an effort to be compatible with Hero Lab, and vice versa) can read the online portfolio URL...

If that feature gets implemented, and Hero Lab online supports Pathfinder Classic, with third party addons (Community Package for Psionics/Path of War, and Spheres of Might/Power), our group would be all over that.

I love that they said one could enable a group buff once, and have it apply to everyone in the group.
In classic, I need to add an adjustment to each character in the portfolio, certainly doable but clunky.

We use the VTT as a pretty image of whatever (as exported from Hero Lab, with all the Bestiary's bought and using their image), plus hopefully the open source art that a given player has found/chosen for their character.
The VTT is more or less the battle map (that I made in DD3+ (part of Campaign Cartographer 3+), the monster or player art, and the relative hit point levels.

At this point, all the combat stats, character build and such are run from Hero Lab classic, as the system is nicely robust and everything stacks correctly.
If everything would stack correctly via Hero Lab Online, and the VTT could read the character link (portfolio link/whatever) in real time...

That would rock immensely.
Ualaa is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
The Senator

Old June 23rd, 2019, 06:30 AM
Does the annual subscription include the content or are the content packages sold separately?
The Senator is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old June 23rd, 2019, 08:35 AM
If you don't already have the package (e.g. by owning HeroLab Classic), then there is a one-off payment for each package.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
The Senator

Old June 23rd, 2019, 04:56 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't phrase my question clearly.
After I purchase HLO, does the monthly subscription include the content data or do I have to buy that separately?
The Senator is offline   #10 Reply With Quote