Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

pious

Old September 18th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Greetings Lone Wolf .

Thank you for building a product that has saved me countless hours building armies through the years. I wanted to ask if you had a ETA on a data file for the 8th Edition Ogre Kingdoms update?

Thank you in Advance.
pious is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mr_Rose

Old September 18th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Hi there, pious,
Just a quick question; when you found this sub-forum and read the line "PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS FORUM TO DISCUSS / REPORT BUGS IN DATA FILES." what exactly did you think it meant in regards to your specific request?
Because I get the impression, from the number of posts (not just yours) reporting bugs in, or otherwise discussing, datafiles here that it isn't as clear as it could be.

Click here to get 2.25GB of DropBox cloud storage free!

I've always wondered about the first person that saw a lobster and said, "You know what? I'm going to eat that."
Mr_Rose is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Raginglion

Old September 19th, 2011, 04:12 AM
Mr. Rose I guess as you state the remark is not clear...I didn't see anything wrong with Pious' inquiry where he posted. The statement "PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS FORUM TO DISCUSS / REPORT BUGS IN DATA FILES." to me this statement would mean do not discuss bugs in data files here nor report bugs in data files here. I take it this is the incorrect way to interpret the statement.
Raginglion is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Glirhuin

Old September 19th, 2011, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pious View Post
Greetings Lone Wolf .

Thank you for building a product that has saved me countless hours building armies through the years. I wanted to ask if you had a ETA on a data file for the 8th Edition Ogre Kingdoms update?

Thank you in Advance.
You will have your answer here.

Regards,
Glirhuin
Glirhuin is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mr_Rose

Old September 20th, 2011, 02:41 AM
As far as I know, it's meant to convey "don't talk about datafiles here at all; use the dedicated section(s) below:" but then I didn't set up the forums so I could be completely wrong.

I've always wondered about the first person that saw a lobster and said, "You know what? I'm going to eat that."
Mr_Rose is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aza

Old September 22nd, 2011, 07:21 AM
Well you have to admit that Pious didn't initially do something wrong following the guidelines in that subforum so no need for a "smack in the face" remark.

What I do see alot here on this forum is that some 'senior members' do like to call down on new people (some long time users of this Army Builder) alot for not following some guideline.

The fact is however that we're talking about paying costumers here, not some kid who's raging on Warseer about 'insert X army' being OP.
Paying costumers who, after putting down some money each and every year, ask about something regarding a part of the product.

I understood that Lone Wolf is working with people who make the datafiles all free of charge and I applaud those people for doing that, but don't forget that in the end the guys posting here gave said compagny money for this product and expect some service attached to it.

I myself have been working over 15years in sales and I could never get away with something along the lines of "I'm sorry but your new Mercedes will be here when our people have time and feel like to work to get it done, they do have other things to do you know, downside of working with people who don't get payed, sorry! No need to ask for a refund either, it's done when it's done!"
which is basicly what your say when you type out:
"you'll get the datafiles for your new/revised army when they're done and certainly no sooner then 4 weeks and don't dare ask about them either!"

Don't get me wrong personally I can work up some patience, just saying that in this situation with paying clients you should expect some questions like this asked.
So atleast try to be civil and friendly and redirect this person to the correct place or answer him instead of thinking that you're more then him for not knowing something.

Greetings
Aza
Aza is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old September 22nd, 2011, 06:07 PM
Keep in mind that Wolflair employees rarely post in forums that do not deal with a technical issue of a Wolflair product such as this one.

I agree that your statement would most certainly be correct if the post was coming from a Wolflair employee but it is not (afaik).

It might be a bit harsh and slightly over the top but by no means is it extreme, especially since most of the posts in the forums are "When are the data files being released?" type. This issue has been answered so many times ad nauseum and even has a dedicated thread that covers every book and its data file release date. I understand how the VOLUNTEERS who make the data files could get a little upset by the constant stream of "when are data files..." posts when it has been clearly posted and all it takes is a bit of reading to answer the question yourself. Ignorance is not an excuse, educate yourself.
Yobtar is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mr_Rose

Old September 24th, 2011, 08:07 PM
See, all you have to do is ask; the forum subtitle has been changed to something hopefully less ambiguous.

Mr_Rose is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
McTaff

Old September 29th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Sadly, when I read this thread I also had to agree in some respects to Aza. (I too am waiting with baited breath for the Ogre Kingdoms update, like the OP.)

I understand this is, to a point, volunteer work. On the other hand, we are paying customers.
I've been in customer service and sales for as long as Aza, and probably one of the first principles of being a service provider is that any customer who has already paid for something expects quality goods and services in return for their money.

All that aside, the frustrating part for any customer who has forked out the cash, and has nothing in their hands to show for it is the "not knowing".

Simply put, why not have a regular part of the forum, or website to tell those customers how the progress is going? It would stop the constant questions, keep the customer informed, and only takes about fifteen minutes every second or third day to keep everyone informed.
McTaff is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Yobtar

Old September 29th, 2011, 06:14 PM
I really have no response other than to tell you that if you READ the Warhammer Fantasy 8th edition forums the answer will be revealed to you. It really isn't hard to miss as it is stickied and has PLEASE READ right in the thread topic.

Here's a hint for the non-Einsteins out there...http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=13887

After reading this do you really need an update on how the files are going?

Also since you are "paying customers" you should really email or submit a complaint to WOLFLAIR about how data files are handled and see where that gets you. I'm sure WOLFLAIR would love to explain to you the intricacies of the litigation department over at GW which is exactly why data files are handled the way they are handled.

Once again,
Ignorance is not an excuse, educate (READ) yourself.

Last edited by Yobtar; September 29th, 2011 at 06:19 PM.
Yobtar is offline   #10 Reply With Quote