Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 8th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
One more - that same character has levels in Monk, the Defensive Combat Training feat and has a Monk's Robe (Wondrous Item) equipped. It looks as though it's adding the 5 levels of Monk from the Robe to his CMD as well as to his Unarmed damage and his AC.

I don't think this is supposed to be the case, though it's possible I missed something in the rules . . .
Check the description of the Monk's AC bonus ability - the bonus applies to AC and CMD.
Mathias is online now   #21 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 8th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleslammer View Post
I didnt find anything about this in the forum but if it is a duplicate please forgive.

I was working with Spell Failure percentages and armor and when I create a Wizard immediatly go to Armor add full plate and equip it. When I switch back to the wizard tab it doesnt add any spell failure.

Also when I create a custom class and check the "Ignore Spell Failure" and add armor to the class I can actually get the "Chance of Spell Failure" to go to a negative percentage.
These were the same bug. Thanks for catching it.
Mathias is online now   #22 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 8th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDawg View Post
The Spontaneous Casting is not showing up as a druid ability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnerj View Post
Skill Craft Armor description says you are able to build traps
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
The Summary Text for the Suspicious trait has the following: +1 to Survival checks, Survival is always a class skill for you.

It should read: You gain a +1 trait bonus on Sense Motive checks, and Sense Motive is always a class skill for you.
Fixed all these in the next update. Thanks for the reports.
Mathias is online now   #23 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 8th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djc664 View Post
Heavy Horse is shown as Druid only Companion and is not allowed for a Paladin's mount; According to the book and not mentioned in errata, the Heavy Horse is the *usual* mount.
The Horse shows up an a companion option for me when I add 5 levels of Paladin, then select a mount, and edit that mount. Could you tell me more about what you're seeing or not seeing? Does your character have levels of any other companion granting classes (Ranger, Druid, Animal-Domain Cleric)?
Mathias is online now   #24 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 8th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Sling bullets are not resizing correctly. I made Small ones for a gnome bard in my party, and they are marked as "wrong size" and she cannot use them. It does mark them correctly at the name; no (s), but tiny and medium show the (t) & (m) accordingly. I've also tried making magical ones in Small, to no avail.
When I create a 1st level gnome bard, and add a sling and sling bullets, I don't see any errors. I didn't touch the weapon size selector, since it's set by the race.

Why change the size of the bullets? The sling itself calculates the damage for being a size S weapon.
Mathias is online now   #25 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 8th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthWanderer View Post
From what I read in the Pathfinder book, these are the steps in creating a magic item:

1. Begin with a masterwork item. As I read it, the special materials all either explicitly state or imply that items made with them are masterwork.

2. Add a +x enhancement bonus.

3. Add any special abilities (keen, shadow, etc.).

What I was trying to do was make a Mithral Shirt +1, Shadow. I didn't find any reason in the Pathfinder book that I can't do that, but HL wouldn't let me use a mithral shirt as my base item.
djc664's answer to your previous question was correct - a +1 mithral shirt is created in HL by creating custom armor, and selecting the mithral material and a +1 bonus. If you create a custom armor, using the mithral material and no bonus, it will be identical in stats to the mithral shirt item.
Mathias is online now   #26 Reply With Quote
djc664

Old February 8th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
The Horse shows up an a companion option for me when I add 5 levels of Paladin, then select a mount, and edit that mount. Could you tell me more about what you're seeing or not seeing? Does your character have levels of any other companion granting classes (Ranger, Druid, Animal-Domain Cleric)?
Not "Horse", but "Horse, Heavy". Essentially the House w/ the advanced animal template. I can select it with an error trigger if I set my Paladin to "Do not limit Companion races". The code for the animal I'm referring to is rmHorseHvy.

This is specific to Paladins, though. Druids and Rangers would not be able to choose this selection. Details on this regarding the paladin mount choices are on p.63 of the core rulebook.
djc664 is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
djc664

Old February 8th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
When I create a 1st level gnome bard, and add a sling and sling bullets, I don't see any errors. I didn't touch the weapon size selector, since it's set by the race.

Why change the size of the bullets? The sling itself calculates the damage for being a size S weapon.
I didn't change it until I got the error. It gives the no-smoking cross out and the error popup text says they are the wrong size. No matter what size I made them, I got the same error; that was what I was trying to relate.

Can l send you the character file to see what I mean?
djc664 is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 9th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Not "Horse", but "Horse, Heavy". Essentially the House w/ the advanced animal template. I can select it with an error trigger if I set my Paladin to "Do not limit Companion races". The code for the animal I'm referring to is rmHorseHvy.

This is specific to Paladins, though. Druids and Rangers would not be able to choose this selection. Details on this regarding the paladin mount choices are on p.63 of the core rulebook.
All other animal companion choices have a sort of statblock for the companion stats, either on pgs 53-54 in the Druid section, or in the Bestiary. I disagree with your interpretation, and think that the Heavy Horse listing for Paladins refers to the same Horse animal companion that Druids can take. A 5th level animal companion Horse is superior to a Heavy Horse with no animal companion improvements.

The other option would be to go to the classes tab, and add the Advanced Creature template to your Horse animal companion.
Mathias is online now   #29 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 9th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Quote:
I didn't change it until I got the error. It gives the no-smoking cross out and the error popup text says they are the wrong size. No matter what size I made them, I got the same error; that was what I was trying to relate.

Can l send you the character file to see what I mean?
Is the no-smoking crossout where you would normally find the equip buttons for a weapon, or is it attached to the name? If it's replacing the equip buttons, that's because you can't equip the sling stones - you equip the sling. Arrows only have equip buttons because they can be used in melee as an improvised dagger.

If it is by the name, my email is my user name here, @wolflair.com.
Mathias is online now   #30 Reply With Quote