Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Closed Thread

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 11th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrin View Post
The one that seems better described. I'd presume the complete warrior version as it's updated to v3.5, I think RotW is a 3.0 book but I don't have it in front of me at moment so can't check!
I am pretty sure both CW and RotW are v3.5 books. I would need to check but I think RotW came out later/after CW so by standard methods one should use the later source(ie book) to be the most accurate. At least that is how WoTC said Errata should be handled.

Is their any real mechanical differences in the data set for the two Thinblades?

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #11
Sendric

Old November 11th, 2010, 10:49 AM
RotW is indeed newer, and it has a more detailed description.

Complete Warrior:
Quote:
Lightblade, Elven: This rapierlike weapon is the size of a short sword, but weighs only as much as a dagger. Dexterous elf fighters and rogues favor it. Its thin, flexible blade slips easily into the seams of armor or between the ribs of a foe. Some elf nobles carry a lightblade - often decorated with intricate filigree and tiny gemstones - as a sign of their station, even if they aren't proficient in its use.
Races of the Wild:
Quote:
Sword, Elven Lightblade: This rapierlike exotic weapon is the size of a short sword but weighs only as much as a dagger. Dexterous elf fighters and rogues favor it. Its thin, flexible blade slips easily into the seams of armor or between the ribs of a foe. Some elf nobles carry a lightblade - often decorated with intricate filigree and tiny gemstones - as a sign of their station, even if they aren’t proficient in its use.

Characters proficient with the elven lightblade may treat it as a rapier or a short sword for the purpose of any of the following feats: Greater Weapon Focus, Greater Weapon Specialization, Improved Critical, Weapon Focus, and Weapon Specialization.

Last edited by Sendric; November 11th, 2010 at 10:53 AM.
Sendric is offline   #12
bodrin

Old November 11th, 2010, 02:04 PM
I agree with the more recent text is correct and supersedes older text method. The Races of the Wild version is better worded so that should be the only instance!
bodrin is offline   #13
Bluephoenix

Old November 17th, 2010, 04:33 AM
I posted an error Here yesterday by being my usual blind self and not seeing the user content error thread that had been stickied.

at the moment I'm guessing lawful_g is the only one who can shed some light on the subject, cross post here is simply for completeness (so it can be found later if needed)
Bluephoenix is offline   #14
bodrin

Old November 18th, 2010, 03:34 PM
I entered some custom Psionic powers from Races of the Dragon earlier today.

However on testing the data on a character I've discovered that the Wilder class is showing Psychic warrior powers!
However the Psychic Warrior powers do not show the Wilder powers, which is quite odd!

There are only 4 powers with 3 different incarnations each, one for the Psion, one for Psychic Warrior and one for the Wilder, all the data for each class is entered correctly in the editor but I've got duplicate powers showing in the selection screen!

I've tested standard powers that have all three classes for one power form the SRD psionics "Catapsi" being a good example a level 5 power for all three classes and that only shows one copy for each correct class.

Cannot figure out how this is so! Screen attached and Zip file!

Note Evade Breath is a Psychic Warrior 2 and a Wilder 4 power both show under the Wilder Class!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg error again.JPG (110.7 KB, 6 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip RotD - Psionic Powers.zip (2.5 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by bodrin; November 18th, 2010 at 04:03 PM.
bodrin is offline   #15
Sendric

Old November 19th, 2010, 05:56 AM
Whoops. I already detailed some changes I made in the other thread here, so I'll just summarize. I think the problem has to do with setting the Psion Discipline. Unless its a discipline power, don't set that option. I've made some changes to the file, and it seems to be ok now.

Edit: I've attached the file with my changes. Try it out and let me know if it's working ok for you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip RotD - Psionic Powers.zip (2.5 KB, 0 views)
Sendric is offline   #16
ShadowChemosh

Old December 19th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer View Post
Hmm, I have selected Complete Mage as Source material but I'm not seeing the Ultimate Magus on the "level up" class list. Just Blood Magus.
Was the Ultimate Magus accidentally left out of this latest update or was "Ultimate" simply a typographical error?
Opps my bad. Ultimate Magus is in WIP for release 1.3 by Bluephoenix. I guess I merged release notes together by mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer View Post
I'm also wondering now why I have two entries for Scout on the class list.

Otherwise very happy,
Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer
I am sorry I can't duplicate this issue. I went to my Release 1.2 game system and activated every book source. Then went to add a class and only found scout listed once. Do you happen you have your own version of Scout maybe?

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #17
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old December 19th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Opps my bad. Ultimate Magus is in WIP for release 1.3 by Bluephoenix. I guess I merged release notes together by mistake.

I am sorry I can't duplicate this issue. I went to my Release 1.2 game system and activated every book source. Then went to add a class and only found scout listed once. Do you happen you have your own version of Scout maybe?
D'oh!

Yup, I did have a Custom Made Scout Class lurking in my Custom Made Things file from long, long ago. I should've checked that first before I mentioned it here.

I've let the Ultimate Magus player in my group know the "it's a work in progress" news.

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #18
chiefweasel

Old December 20th, 2010, 11:13 AM
That would explain it, lol

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #19
ShadowChemosh

Old February 7th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowpaw View Post
When creating a Duskblade I found that it gives me bonus 0 level spells known for high int mod, which will never be used.
Yep this is true to the class. You could actually have access to more cantrips than the class actually provides. Think its pretty easy to do to with like only a 16 Int.

Will add it to the do-list to take a look at quick.

Thanks for the report.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #20
Closed Thread