Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

willwrk4internet

Old May 15th, 2020, 08:39 PM
Can anyone explain what the revised action economy option does for hero lab?
I was hoping it would convert spell casting times to "acts" (i.e. a standard action becomes 2 acts). This option doesn't seem to change anything in hero lab.

Alternatively, does anyone know how to display the number of acts (in the revised action economy) using Hero Lab?

Thanks!
willwrk4internet is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
willwrk4internet

Old January 14th, 2021, 11:07 AM
I'm bumping this thread to ask the question again, and see if anything has been implemented in HLO for Pathfinder 1e.
willwrk4internet is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old January 14th, 2021, 10:43 PM
If it isn't currently working in HLC then it shouldn't be working in HLO. In addition, no community content is active for PF1 in HLO, so I don't think any of the Unchained stuff will work. You're probably better off asking PF1/HLO questions in that forum.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old January 15th, 2021, 06:49 AM
There are official files for the Unchained rules. I don't know that it's all implemented in HLC (and thus in HLO) but I can say for sure that the Unchained versions of the classes are working in HLC, as well as the Wound Threshold rules and the no alignment rules. I've also used the spells require attack roles rules, and a few others.

The Community stuff for Unchained is primarily workarounds for archetypes for Unchained classes that aren't officially allowed. Those won't be ported over to HLO unless LW figures out a way to allow custom user content.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old January 15th, 2021, 06:06 PM
The default actions on Pathfinder 2e, which is on HLO, is the same as the Unchained Action Economy from Pathfinder Unchained.

I'm not saying it's an option for Pathfinder 1e within HLO, but it is the default for Pathfinder 2e on the HLO platform.
Ualaa is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
willwrk4internet

Old January 27th, 2021, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the responses Dami and Maidhc, but I was asking if the revised action economy actions can be displayed on PF1 portfolios.
For example, when I bring up a spell, can I show how many actions it requires in the revised action economy?
I have the Pathfinder Unchained package for HLC, but when I click "Revised Action Economy" on the "Configure Your Hero" page, nothing happens at all.
willwrk4internet is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old January 28th, 2021, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willwrk4internet View Post
(...) when I bring up a spell, can I show how many actions it requires in the revised action economy?
After a couple of quick tries, it seems choosing this option does not replace the casting time indicated for spells. It does remove the display of iterative attacks.

In the editor, correcting the casting time would maybe require building a mechanic with the Revised Action Economy source, using foreach loops to cycle through spells and replace key casting times (1 action, 1 round, 1 swift, 1 immediate) with the updated number of actions. Feasible, but CPU-intensive.
Lord Magus is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old January 28th, 2021, 08:43 AM
You might try putting in a bug report. LW has indicated that HLC is still supported, so that might prompt them to get this working.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
willwrk4internet

Old January 28th, 2021, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain View Post
You might try putting in a bug report. LW has indicated that HLC is still supported, so that might prompt them to get this working.
I submitted a bug report. I will update this thread if I learn anything.

Lord Magus, your suggestion is a good one, but it wouldn't be too difficult for LWD to implement that change on their end. Then we'd have a first-party fix that would port to HL Online. That would be much nicer.
willwrk4internet is offline   #9 Reply With Quote