Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

MaxSupernova

Old February 15th, 2018, 04:21 AM
<ctrl-f>Realm Works

cursor goes straight to the footer

...oh.
MaxSupernova is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old February 15th, 2018, 04:28 AM
LOL guess they didn't want to post the short article on RW, but I can paraphrase below:

Realm Works
We have nothing to report again but delays and failures and how you are not working on your product.

Please buy Hero Lab Online, we promise to be better.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 15th, 2018, 06:27 AM
Unfortunately, short of leaving the update in there from the last newsletter there simply wasn't much to report. As I said here on the forums Paizo devs have been swamped for a while now, so we are still waiting for the last piece of the puzzle we need from them and trying to implement our own temporary solutions in the meantime.
BJ is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old February 15th, 2018, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
Unfortunately, short of leaving the update in there from the last newsletter there simply wasn't much to report. As I said here on the forums Paizo devs have been swamped for a while now, so we are still waiting for the last piece of the puzzle we need from them and trying to implement our own temporary solutions in the meantime.
Thanks for the update, BJ. For my part, even a reply like this is good to see.
EightBitz is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old February 15th, 2018, 12:26 PM
@Exmortis though it's funny to read stuff like that because Iam always full of humor and like to laugh, I think big distortion of what is happening. There have been at least some replies here in the forum and if there is nothing to report there is nothing to report.

If you send out "marketing material" you want to get to the point and not waste ppls time Better nothing than an empty message...

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old February 15th, 2018, 01:26 PM
So, if the content market is stuck in limbo because of Paizo, why aren't other features being worked on in the meantime? I understand you are working on a workaround and the content market is fiscally necessary... but there are a host of other features some of us have been begging for, for years.
Viking2054 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old February 16th, 2018, 07:17 AM
If the hold up truly is Paizo, then work must be going gangbusters on calendars and the long list of other features that were prioritized in the RW user survey. Fulfilling the Kickstarter and its stretch goals would be spiffy too as they have nothing to do with Paizo and would help to restore an iota of good will.

We don't want marketing material. We want results. The "nothing" was an empty message and it spoke volumes.
AEIOU is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old February 16th, 2018, 10:30 AM
I just don’t understand why Paizo and Content marker are showstopper to provide us other updates for the product. There are definitely features that can be delivered and product enhanced significantly. The sub forum is full of awesome things that will make RW even more greater.

I am not interested in Paizo stuffs and CM is not game changer for us. It is like discrimination, market one. Still I understand the business and I am fine being discriminated as soon as you don’t drop RW or make another HERESY that will condemn you forever.

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Last edited by Valyar; February 16th, 2018 at 10:36 AM.
Valyar is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old February 16th, 2018, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking2054 View Post
So, if the content market is stuck in limbo because of Paizo, why aren't other features being worked on in the meantime? I understand you are working on a workaround and the content market is fiscally necessary... but there are a host of other features some of us have been begging for, for years.
We are focusing our efforts on creating a workaround that will allow us to launch the content market without their fix.

BJ mentioned in another thread:

"Paizo devs have been swamped for a while now, so we are still waiting for the last piece of the puzzle we need from them. Unfortunately, while we understand their position, we have no way of knowing how long that will take to arrive. In the meantime, we believe we have found a temporary solution that, while not perfect, may allow us to go ahead and launch the store. It will take our devs some time to implement but if it goes as planned we will have something for you next month. Please be aware, it will cause some hiccups during the purchase of Paizo items but you will still be able to purchase them with a few extra steps."
Rone is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old February 16th, 2018, 03:40 PM
The point that seems to be escaping you guys and is so exasperating is that your core users would be fine with a CM that launches without Paizo products as long as we had some hope that you guys were moving on to the features that have been on hold for something like 2 years.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote