Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 5th, 2014, 08:50 PM
Before reporting bugs, please read this post!

Ok gamers, I know that many of you have wanted me to start a bug reports thread for my Ravenloft data set. This thread is just for that purpose. If you find a bug, or something is working incorrectly, post it here. I will not be going through the pfsrd threads to find bugs for these files, so it is imperative that they be reported here so that I can address them when I have time to do so.

I do not guarantee these issues will be fixed as soon as they are received. It make take me months to get around to fixing the errors. I don't have a professional coding team at my beck and call checking and double checking my work. I haven't had time to double check data added by third parties yet either. I appreciate bugs being reported in a timely fashion, but note that I will not be fixing them as soon as they're received, they will be added to a to-do list that will be hammered out when time permits.

Ok just a note for everyone's reference, when reporting bugs to me, make sure you list the following with the bug reports.

Bug Report Checklist
This checklist gives you the items I will be looking for in bug reports.
  • Name of the Item
  • The Book that item is sourced to, this should be listed in its description text at the bottom of the description, scroll down to find it if necessary.
  • What type of item it is (weapon, feat, magic ring, etc.)
  • The bug being reported.

I don't like having to do detective work when bug stomping, the more information you can provide me about the bugs you find, the easier it will be for me to fix them.

Ravenloft for iPad
I do not know much about how to deal with iPad datafiles. I never wrote these files with the intention of them being used for iPad so I may not be able to fix iPad error messages that pop up. I apologize if this is an inconvenience to some of you, but my intention was to create working data files for personal computer usage and for sheets to be printable. iPad errors will get added to a separate to-do list but they will not have as high a priority on my list of fixes as errors that occur on the computer version.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.

Last edited by RavenX; March 5th, 2014 at 09:10 PM.
RavenX is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old March 5th, 2014, 08:51 PM
V1.1 Bug Fixes
The following bug fixes have been implemented for the Version 1.1 release.
  • Languages - typos fixed
  • Deities - typos fixed
  • Feats -typo fixed
  • Half Vistani race - language bootstrap error fixed, fixed azlanti bootstraps.

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.

Last edited by RavenX; March 18th, 2014 at 12:10 PM.
RavenX is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
candidgamera

Old March 6th, 2014, 03:38 PM
Typoes and Spelling : Ravenloft Campaign Setting.user, Source : Ravenloft Campaign Setting / Player's Handbook 3.5.

Languages -
High and Low Mordentish have "Due to its associate with" instead of "Due to its association with".
Tapestani should be Tepestani.
Pharizian should be Pharazian.

Deities -
Ezra has three typoes, "dvine" instead of "divine", "Exra" instead of "Ezra", and "thsoe" instead of "those".
Hala has "comces" instead of "comes".
The Eternal Order has "relgion" instead of "religion".
Tvashtri has "Univsersity" instead of "University".
Zhakata has "ear of plenty" instead of "era of plenty".

Feats -
Lunatic has "thenew" which needs a space in it.

That covers the General category! Thanks again for providing this file, Raven - it's going to come in handy.
candidgamera is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old March 6th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Thank you,

I appreciate the help finding errors. I know the data isn't perfect yet, but these will be added to my to-do list for repair before the next data release. I figured there might be a handful of bugs present in the data.

RavenX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
candidgamera

Old March 12th, 2014, 06:53 PM
Spotted a couple more while tinkering, with the Half-Vistani. They are incorrectly getting five domain languages as automatic languages - the Ravenloft core book specifies they get a single domain language automatically.

While looking over your implementation of the Half-Vistani tribal heritages to help me figure out how to do something else, I also noticed that at least two of the tribes (Canjar and Zarovan, possibly others) have Azlanti as a bootstrapped language, but it doesn't appear when I select the heritage on a sample Half-Vistani character - so maybe it's not a bug, maybe you're just doing something clever with it that I'm not good enough to spot, yet?
candidgamera is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old March 13th, 2014, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by candidgamera View Post
Spotted a couple more while tinkering, with the Half-Vistani. They are incorrectly getting five domain languages as automatic languages - the Ravenloft core book specifies they get a single domain language automatically.

While looking over your implementation of the Half-Vistani tribal heritages to help me figure out how to do something else, I also noticed that at least two of the tribes (Canjar and Zarovan, possibly others) have Azlanti as a bootstrapped language, but it doesn't appear when I select the heritage on a sample Half-Vistani character - so maybe it's not a bug, maybe you're just doing something clever with it that I'm not good enough to spot, yet?
It's most likely a bug. These are early release files and I've probably got a few bugs in them to stomp out. I'll add this to check on my to-do list.

RavenX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old April 16th, 2014, 08:48 PM
After downloading the files make sure you import them! Someone recently PMed me an error with these files saying they were not showing up in the configuration screen after download. Unfortunately, neither I nor anyone that I know personally who uses these files has had a similar experience nor have I been able to replicate this problem. The only thing I can think of is to redownload the data if this occurs and reimport the files. Follow the RavenX Guild Data repository link in my signature below to add the source to your sources to get the updates. Make sure you download and import after downloading. Also, remember that updates are installed in alphabetical order, so they will display as Dark Sun, Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms, and finally Ravenloft. Double check under the FR list (as it is quite long) for the Ravenloft data.

RavenX is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
candidgamera

Old April 23rd, 2014, 05:16 PM
I'm still tinkering with Ravenloft stuff! Adding creatures. I am also considering making a set of campaign traits for Ravenloft, which may be useful.
candidgamera is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old April 23rd, 2014, 09:59 PM
It is time consuming to add material. I haven't had much time to do any data crunching.

RavenX is offline   #9 Reply With Quote