Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Genthar

Old July 12th, 2018, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
I'm not able to replicate this behavior here. Is it possible you had more than one Hero Lab instance running at the time? Is anyone else seeing this issue?
Nope, only the one instance. I loaded HL, and used the built-in updater to try to update to 8.6b. I ran into this issue when updating to 8.6a as well, and it was fixed the same way. Downloading the installer from the website, then running the installer instead. Both times I had only opened one instance of HL to check/perform updates.
Genthar is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
willuwontu

Old July 14th, 2018, 04:49 AM
Posting to say that I had the .exe file issue as well.

I ended up using the setup tool from when I downloaded hero lab to get it back, and then I was able to update with no errors.
willuwontu is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old July 14th, 2018, 01:44 PM
Ran a game yesterday and getting quite a few errors when accessing content that originated from Realm Works. Need to do further testing to confirm the cause though.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old July 17th, 2018, 07:13 AM
With 8.6 increasing the ID limit to 20 characters, I have a couple of questions.

1) Does anyone know if there is a simple way to increase/expand existing ids?
2) Does the 20 character limit apply to Group names for Tags?
3) Does the 20 character limit apply to component/compset ids as well?

Thanks!
TC

Working on -
  • (SWADE) WIP Savage Rifts
  • Savage Rifts (Deluxe): Update link in This post
  • Star Trek Adventures: Update link in This post
TCArknight is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 17th, 2018, 07:20 AM
1) it would be the same as any other time you wanted to change the Id you're using for a tag - you'll need to replace all uses of it at the same time.

2) yes
3) yes
Mathias is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old July 20th, 2018, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by expectdelay View Post
After I updated to the latest Mac client today, the system thinks I have tried to reassigned my license too early and is only running in demo mode. I sent in an email but I can't wait up to 3 days to have this fixed, I have a game session coming up soon. Anyone have any ideas?
Unless they are at a convention they are usually very quick to respond.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
expectdelay

Old July 20th, 2018, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Unless they are at a convention they are usually very quick to respond.
You are right - they already replied! Thanks
expectdelay is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old July 22nd, 2018, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
1) it would be the same as any other time you wanted to change the Id you're using for a tag - you'll need to replace all uses of it at the same time.
I found that leaving the old tags alone keeps from causing problems with random portfolios you might forget to update.

However, I also found that Notepad++ has a nice little tool where you can replace all occurrences of a string in multiple files at once. You can hit Ctrl+Shift+F to "Find in Files..." You can set up your search string, replacement string and even set a filter to *.user files and even set a restriction to only search a single directory. I'm pretty sure it does this without having to download a plugin either.
dungeonguru is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old July 25th, 2018, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dungeonguru View Post
I found that leaving the old tags alone keeps from causing problems with random portfolios you might forget to update.

However, I also found that Notepad++ has a nice little tool where you can replace all occurrences of a string in multiple files at once. You can hit Ctrl+Shift+F to "Find in Files..." You can set up your search string, replacement string and even set a filter to *.user files and even set a restriction to only search a single directory. I'm pretty sure it does this without having to download a plugin either.
EditPad Pro is what I use, and it has the same feature. I don't know if the Lite version does, as well.
Aaron is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
F. Castor

Old August 8th, 2018, 10:49 PM
I just updated my Hero Lab to 8.6b and when I start the program there is an error and none of the community-created stuff shows up. In particular the Pathfinder Pack does not work. Any ideas?

Or if necessary, can you tell me how to roll back to a previous version that the Pack worked with? I use the program's built in update function by the way.
F. Castor is offline   #30 Reply With Quote