Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

JustinThomason

Old February 10th, 2015, 09:26 PM
Not so much a question, as a request for new strategies.

I'm running a sandbox style campaign, and in it I have a lot of side quests for my players to discover. Currently I have each of the side quests set up as a "Quest" topic with the particulars of the quest like a summary of what the PCs are supposed to do, the victory conditions, the rewards for completing, etc. I have links to these quest topics from logical places where the PCs can learn about them (e.g., NPC topics, locations where announcements are made, etc).

I would like to have a centralized place for the players to review the current open quests, but I'm not sure how best to do this without duplicating work. The planned shared snippets might solve this issue, but in the mean time has anyone else dealt with this? I think I am handling it OK for now, but we're not too far into the campaign, so now would be the time to make changes.
JustinThomason is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old February 10th, 2015, 10:46 PM
If the quest topics aren't already in a container, you could set their "containing topic" to be a new topic called "Open Quests".

Then you only have to connect/disconnect each individual quest from the "Open Quests" topic. No other editting necessary.
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old February 11th, 2015, 01:51 AM
Two other ideas:

On the Home Topic for your campaign, add a section for open quests with snippets listing the name of the quest (for the link) and a brief status note, if desired.

Add a Quest Status tag domain (Not Started/In Progress/Finished, perhaps) and single-item Tag snippets to your Quest Category. Tags are (relatively) easy to find.

Parody is offline   #3 Reply With Quote