Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Janrith

Old March 17th, 2019, 08:38 AM
Running version 2.3.0.0, when I open a project file, the Importer becomes unresponsive. I've left it running for up so 20 minutes and finally had to kill the process.

Is this a known issue?
Janrith is offline   #481 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 17th, 2019, 03:21 PM
Version 2.4 is available

This version contains two improvements:

1 - you can now specify an annotation for an asset snippet without having to specify the actual file containing the asset (e.g. annotations for pictures and smart images).

2 - all warning and critical messages are now displayed in an error window. One example of this would be when a source data value doesn't match one of the known values for a tag.

This should fix Acenoid's problem reported in post #476 and the second issue reported in post #477.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #482 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old March 17th, 2019, 05:35 PM
Imported the data now - I noticed that even after ensuring the XLSX and the RW information is the same the "Transporter, Mittelschwer" entry has not been inserted after all. I manually edited now as it only were 4 entries. However it made me believe that maybe the "," (comma) might have been responsible for the missing entry?

I will try to test it again tonight.

Oh - almost forgot - thanks for the updated version. Will give download it tonight, since i have to import a few more lists and want to test the issue above.

Quick question regarding the images -- Since the error was File / URL not found , does it really mean I could link in my source file any URL? Cool!

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net

Last edited by Acenoid; March 17th, 2019 at 05:57 PM.
Acenoid is offline   #483 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 17th, 2019, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
Quick question regarding the images -- Since the error was File / URL not found , does it really mean I could link in my source file any URL?
See release notes...

v1.16
When loading an image (see V1.11) it is now possible to specify a web URL instead of just a local file name. Note that the URL must point directly to the image, not to a web page which contains an image somewhere inside it.

v1.17
When reading images from a web URL, follow web redirects which are issued by the web server.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #484 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old March 18th, 2019, 01:32 PM
Really nice !

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #485 Reply With Quote
Janrith

Old March 18th, 2019, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janrith View Post
I am also getting the C++ Exception: Not in a span at line 1633 in file utility.cpp error.

I am fairly confident it is a data issue; I have no HTML in my xlsx file, but I do have a Components field that does have gt characters occasionally (e.g. powdered diamond duct >= 500gpv).

I imported a single row that didn't have any notes (by removing all <topic/> elements from the rwexport file rather than killing my excel file).

I'm trying an import definition that leaves off that column and will report back.
Confirmed the > is the problem prematurely closing the xml elements inside the rwexport file. Converting these from >= to "at least" allowed for successful imports.

Thanks for this tool! 750 spells imported in 20 minutes.
Janrith is offline   #486 Reply With Quote
Janrith

Old March 18th, 2019, 03:50 PM
Hi again Farling,

Two more questions:

1. Have you given any thought to allowing the user to select which worksheet they want to import from inside the workbook? It's be nice to have import data stored in a single workbook, delineated by worksheet. YMMV.

2. Any recommendations on how to include statblock imports inside the spreadsheet? I have an HTML template prepped that works when I manually insert it into a topic, but I'd like to be able to include it in the spreadsheet, use a concatenate() function to insert the appropriate row data into the statblock, and then use the importer to send it to Realm Works.

Aside from the issues having child <html></html> blocks may cause, the concat function is limited to 8192 characters in it's parameter set, so it seems like I may be dead in the water here.

At any rate, thanks again for a great tool!

-=Janrith
Janrith is offline   #487 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 18th, 2019, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Any recommendations on how to include statblock imports inside the spreadsheet? I have an HTML template prepped that works when I manually insert it into a topic, but I'd like to be able to include it in the spreadsheet, use a concatenate() function to insert the appropriate row data into the statblock, and then use the importer to send it to Realm Works.

Aside from the issues having child <html></html> blocks may cause, the concat function is limited to 8192 characters in it's parameter set, so it seems like I may be dead in the water here.
The tool allows you to specify an external file from which to import a stat block. The cell contains the name of the file (or URL) for what will become the stat block. The cell does not contain the actual contents of the stat block.

Perhaps you could write a script (perl, powershell?) which will generate a lot of files from your HTML template; and then reference the filenames of these templates in your XLSX file?

I haven't done much testing with importing stat blocks. I have a comment that it might only work with .rtf file; but I'd be interested to know what success you might have with other file types. (Maybe do Word mail merge to create a lot of .rtf files?)

Farling

Farling is offline   #488 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 18th, 2019, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Have you given any thought to allowing the user to select which worksheet they want to import from inside the workbook? It's be nice to have import data stored in a single workbook, delineated by worksheet.
I've added this to the list of feature requests.

Farling

Farling is offline   #489 Reply With Quote
Janrith

Old March 18th, 2019, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
The tool allows you to specify an external file from which to import a stat block. The cell contains the name of the file (or URL) for what will become the stat block. The cell does not contain the actual contents of the stat block.

Perhaps you could write a script (perl, powershell?) which will generate a lot of files from your HTML template; and then reference the filenames of these templates in your XLSX file?

I haven't done much testing with importing stat blocks. I have a comment that it might only work with .rtf file; but I'd be interested to know what success you might have with other file types. (Maybe do Word mail merge to create a lot of .rtf files?)
It would be bit of overkill, but I could write an SSIS package to read the excel file and generate the stat blocks. I was hoping for something a little more lightweight though

Maybe I'll whip up a configurable console app or something...

Thanks.
Janrith is offline   #490 Reply With Quote