Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Jay_NOLA

Old January 30th, 2018, 12:48 PM
When doing a Savage Worlds stat block is there a certain font or way to indicate if a character is a Wild Card? Is a special font or something being used for official stuff?
Jay_NOLA is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old February 3rd, 2018, 10:14 AM
I posed your question to Ron, the marvel who makes our HL SW magic happen. He replied:

"In Savage Worlds, there are two different types of characters, Wild Cards and Extras. Extras are unimportant characters, they take a single wound and fall right over. Wild Cards are the important characters, and take 4 wounds before they fall, along with some other advantages. All PCs are Wild Cards.

Currently, there is no indication in a stat block for the difference between Wild Cards and Ext. It can certainly be added. I think it sounds like a good idea, in fact. I don’t use stat blocks very often, so I had to look. On the printed character sheet, it shows a block with the -1, -2, -3, Inc(apacitated) to indicate this. I think it might be a good idea to indicate it better on the printed sheet as well. We can add it during the next update.

If it helps, the indicator inside the character itself for this condition is a field called acIsWild. A "1" in this field indicates a Wild Card character. A "0" means they're an Extra."

Go Jay for a great question! Go Ron for a great answer!
Rone is offline   #2 Reply With Quote